Hi everyone,

Looking for some help from the resident experts here. I'm trying to understand the order of operations in which to do an upgrade. It is not an OTA upgrade so it is a little more complicated (at least to me).

Background
    - I have a Verizon z30, but using it on the Bell Network. As we know, Verizon has not released the update yet, so 10.3.1 is not available to me right now and not sure when it will be.
    - Because I'm on my employer's BES, use of Sachesi is not available (IT policy restricted). As such, a quick, non-destructive/blitz upgrade was not available
    - In order to get to 10.3.1, I need to perform a security wipe (disconnect from BES) and then upgrade to 10.3.1 (I had obtained a new activation code from the IT department)
    - Overall objective is to move to 10.3.1 as if it was an OTA upgrade and maintain BBM conversations and preserve BB application settings and progress on various android/blackberry games and apps.

What I did
    - I downloaded the OS2267 blitz file http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...pdate-1000576/
    - Since I can't use Sachesi once I connect to BES, I downloaded the SNAP v3 beta and also Bittorque v1.1.9 (seemed to work for most)
    - I did a full back up my BB using BB link
    - I pulled my SD card out of the device (it is encrypted by IT policy and thought it may prolong the wipe process)
    - I initiated the security wipe
    - Once the security wipe completed, the phone rebooted. I then used Sachesi and installed the blitz file.
    - Once it rebooted after OS install, I installed SNAP and then Bittorque
    - I then attempted to setup BBM in the hopes that when I eventually did the restore, I would get back my conversations. I followed post #7 in the following thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...estore-888116/
    - I then restored from my backup (everything but the enterprise stuff)
    - I then reactivated my BES connection
    - I reinserted my SD card

Results
    - OS upgraded
    - My BBM conversations were not restored
    - My media (SD) card was still encrypted and has been disabled within settings (in the past, I thought I could just format it within settings, but perhaps this changed).
    - I believe my game/app settings were maintained for the most part (I checked a few and it seemed ok). It looks like some apps were removed, but not sure which ones (I can only tell since some of the app icon locations have moved)

Questions
    - Did I execute these procedures in the right order? Was I supposed to restore from my backup first and then do the non-destructive upgrade to 10.3.1? Would that have been better? I'm wondering if restoring from backup over-wrote some of the upgrade files.
    - Is it possible to restore my BBM conversations? Or has that shipped sailed?
    - In order to be able to use my media card, is the only way to format it outside of the BB? That is, use an adapter and format it on my laptop.

Please let me know. The entire process took quite a long time but if I have the ability to restore my BBM conversations and preserve my game/app settings and progress, I would gladly perform it again. Just wondering if it is a trade-off between the BBM conversations versus the app progress/status.

Thanks.
    03-02-15 09:53 AM
    The security wipe is what deleted all your convos from BBM and your data correct? is that a necessity according to your BES policy? I never wipe when doing an autoloader (cause it wipes) or when doing a Sachesi as I want my files and data to be there after the upgrade. Could this be what happened?
    03-02-15 10:13 AM
    The security wipe is what deleted all your convos from BBM and your data correct? is that a necessity according to your BES policy? I never wipe when doing an autoloader (cause it wipes) or when doing a Sachesi as I want my files and data to be there after the upgrade. Could this be what happened?
    Thanks Jaydee ...

The wipe was performed to disconnect me from the BES server so that I could use Sachesi to perform the upgrade. So yes, the wipe did remove my conversations and data, but it was intentional in some respects, with the hope that when I restored from my backup, it would restore the conversations and app data.

What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way to do restore everything, knowing that I need to perform the wipe to upgrade? In addition, whether I executed the steps in the right order?
    03-02-15 10:20 AM
    Thanks Jaydee ...

The wipe was performed to disconnect me from the BES server so that I could use Sachesi to perform the upgrade. So yes, the wipe did remove my conversations and data, but it was intentional in some respects, with the hope that when I restored from my backup, it would restore the conversations and app data.

What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way to do restore everything, knowing that I need to perform the wipe to upgrade? In addition, whether I executed the steps in the right order?
    Usually with BBM to get convos restored from a backup, after the upgrade (at least with autoloader), sign in with your BBID, open BBM so it connects THEN do the restore. Maybe the way you did it, because of the wipe, you may have to do it in same fashion?

Posted via CB10 with my BatBerry (STA100-5/10.3.1.2267)
    03-02-15 10:34 AM
    Do a custom restore from your backup and select Bbm only from your list of apps and it will restore all conversations back to the point when you did the backup.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:36 AM
    Usually with BBM to get convos restored from a backup, after the upgrade (at least with autoloader), sign in with your BBID, open BBM so it connects THEN do the restore. Maybe the way you did it, because of the wipe, you may have to do it in same fashion?
    Posted via CB10 with my BatBerry (STA100-5/10.3.1.2267)
    Hmm, I thought that is what I was doing. Perhaps I will try again right now and see if that works.

Do a custom restore from your backup and select Bbm only from your list of apps and it will restore all conversations back to the point when you did the backup.

Posted via CB10
    If this works, that would be great. I assumed when I did the entire restore (which included BBM), that it would have addressed it. Anyway, can't hurt to try again and see what happens (rather than trying the entire wipe over again).

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I'll let you know if I'm successful.
    03-02-15 11:55 AM
    Unfortunately, there was no success. The restore of just the BBM data in the backup file completed, the device restarted, and when I launched BBM afterwards, it had not changed. It only contained the new messages that I sent today, and did not restore the conversations I had up to and including last night.

Any ideas how to get the data from the backup file. I would rather retain those lengthy conversations than to only have the smaller conversations I had today.

Let me know.
    thanks.
    03-02-15 12:20 PM