A giant bb10 phone for $200?
    So it looks like if all updates come as hinted (bridge sms), I could rock my bold 9000 tethered to my playbook and use the playbook for everything except phone calls, basically a giant bb10 phone at that point. That rocks! I hope they improve the messaging system of the playbook for BB10, I want to have filters, saved searches, etc. like I do on the bold.

That to me is exciting, since it will be 18 month old hardware running a totally fresh system, and a 4(?) year old blackberry providing the connectivity.
    05-07-12 02:24 PM
    Good points... never understood many people's "mad on" over the whole bridge concept.... As it does limit those without BB phones... the concept in theory and practise is brilliant in my eyes.... As you pointed out... I can have a 7" BB10 phone feaures sans the actual phone call.... I have never bothered with cofiguring the native email on my PB..... So basically I have a 3g Playbook.... now I could be totally off here after all I am one of those users who has not use for Skype or Netflix......
    05-07-12 02:37 PM
    now I could be totally off here after all I am one of those users who has not use for Skype or Netflix......
    Lol, I was in McDonald's the other day, and they didn't have netflix, and I was like "how can you expect to succeed in today's market without skype and netflix?!"

Must be something about horses and courses

Back to Thread:
    I disabled native email as well, it was slowing me down compared to bridged email. I actually didn't expect I would love the bridge feature as much as I do.
    05-07-12 04:42 PM
    Where has it been hinted that bridge SMS is coming?
    05-07-12 05:35 PM
    There were some photos from the blackberry conference that showed some slides regarding the playbook update to 2.1 and bridge testing was listed as a feature. Poke around the playbook os forum, I think that's where the thread is that I'm remembering.
    05-07-12 05:49 PM
    Lol, I was in McDonald's the other day, and they didn't have netflix, and I was like "how can you expect to succeed in today's market without skype and netflix?!"

Must be something about horses and courses

Back to Thread:
    I disabled native email as well, it was slowing me down compared to bridged email. I actually didn't expect I would love the bridge feature as much as I do.
    I'm about to do that too

Haven't read much yet (if I just missed a how to..) but with native email I can't get my favourite keyboard on the PB. The two finger "on edge" keyboard (I'm missing the word right now) as I prefere the smaller keyboard to write with my thumbs. The "wide screen"/big keyboard is to big for me to write with my thumbs as I can't reach the keys in the middle easy but to small to write with 10 fingers...

The only reason I did setup native email was that I sometimes had troubles with wifi and when it is bridged my data plan was "used up" in no time.
    05-07-12 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD