...CEO Chen has mentioned that Android is not yet secure as BB10, but with the upcoming AndroidN 'Android' will be as secure as BB10...
    But will Android Nougat harden by BlackBerry be NIAP certified?
    08-12-16 11:20 AM
    But will Android Nougat harden by BlackBerry be NIAP certified?
    I'm sure they will apply. Many lesser Android devices (from a security point of view) have it.
    08-12-16 11:31 AM
    unfortunately bb10 is dead due to the lack of apps.
    08-12-16 11:34 AM
    I'm just asking, than to close the bb10 permanently they could make bb10 a open source as like android so that we would get a hope of new apps and that brings life back to bb10.. just an opinion..

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    08-12-16 11:46 AM
    I'm just asking, than to close the bb10 permanently they could make bb10 a open source as like android so that we would get a hope of new apps and that brings life back to bb10.. just an opinion..

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    To what end? How would anyone else be able to monetize it when BlackBerry couldn't? And what's in it for BlackBerry?
    08-12-16 11:52 AM
    There are people that are quite happy with bb10 as it is right now. Existing devices will continue to be supported through two more minor updates. Your bb10 device will continue to work as it always has. I'm not sure what the problem is.
    I don't think this is accurate. The company is allowing blend to die. This makes BlackBerry 10 devices less functional and is, in my opinion, not fair to loyal customers who recently purchased BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 05:03 PM
    I don't think this is accurate. The company is allowing blend to die. This makes BlackBerry 10 devices less functional and is, in my opinion, not fair to loyal customers who recently purchased BlackBerry 10 devices.
    The words fair and loyal are at the crux of the issue.
    08-13-16 05:17 PM
    The words fair and loyal are at the crux of the issue.
    Both words are the crux? I think it's even dishonest. I'll add that word.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 05:51 PM
    Both words are the crux? I think it's even dishonest. I'll add that word.
    Yes both words are at the crux.
    If you don't like it quit buying BB10 devices.
    08-13-16 06:06 PM
    If you carefully read the paper, they are admitting that Android is at the moment less secure than BlackBerry 10. What is more, they are just rolling out Android 6 for the Priv. I cannot understand their strategy

Posted via CB10
    Who's been able to understand their strategy for the last 5 years? Unfortunately, Android is the future.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 08:39 PM
    Yes both words are at the crux.
    If you don't like it quit buying BB10 devices.
    I will stop buying blackberry devices. I suspect many other loyal Blackberry users will make the same choice.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-13-16 10:31 PM
    I will stop buying blackberry devices. I suspect many other loyal Blackberry users will make the same choice.

Posted via CB10
    That'll show 'em.
    08-13-16 10:36 PM
    That'll show 'em.
    It might bankrupt them or force them to break things up and sell the parts.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 04:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Didn't they start doing exactly that months ago?

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    08-14-16 11:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    The loyalists weren't exactly setting the world on fire for them anyways. At least this strategy allows them to push their devices to the non-loyalists who are a vastly larger market.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-14-16 12:06 PM
    Didn't they start doing exactly that months ago?
    I'm sorry, what did they start doing months ago?
    08-14-16 12:31 PM
    I'm sorry, what did they start doing months ago?
    They did sell anything not bolted down early on in the Chen regime. Not saying these sales were not necessary but Chen might have gone too far.
    08-14-16 05:05 PM
    They did sell anything not bolted down early on in the Chen regime. Not saying these sales were not necessary but Chen might have gone too far.
    They sold off some real estate vacated when they laid off large parts of their work force and stopped manufacturing hardware. But as far as I know they have yet to sell off any operating division or IP. In fact quite the opposite, they have been buying companies and defending their IP.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-14-16 05:08 PM
    Upcoming Android N 'Android' will be as secure as 'BB10' :- said 'Chen'-stretch-armstrong-ng1.jpg
    08-14-16 05:12 PM
    They sold off some real estate vacated when they laid off large parts of their work force and stopped manufacturing hardware. But as far as I know they have yet to sell off any operating division or IP. In fact quite the opposite, they have been buying companies and defending their IP.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Does no one remember when Chen made his numbers through a licensing deal and then pretended that this was recurring revenue? He is trying to sell IP as well as hard assets.
    08-14-16 05:17 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stretch-armstrong-ng1.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	406425
    You are the one that cannot accept reality.

Chen did not just sell buildings they are no longer using. He also sold buildings in sale/leaseback deals that they continue to use. Maybe not the best move given what real estate has done in the last several years.

I guess Chen wants to make really sure that the debtholders get paid off. I think I'm starting to understand this guy. Keep the zombie alive until the noteholders are rewarded.

BlackBerry Reaches Deal to Sell Most of Canadian Property - Bloomberg
    08-14-16 05:25 PM
    You are the one that cannot accept reality.

Chen did not just sell buildings they are no longer using. He also sold buildings in sale/leaseback deals that they continue to use. Maybe not the best move given what real estate has done in the last several years.

I guess Chen wants to make really sure that the debtholders get paid off. I think I'm starting to understand this guy. Keep the zombie alive until the noteholders are rewarded.

BlackBerry Reaches Deal to Sell Most of Canadian Property - Bloomberg
    They sold surplus real estate.
    They are not bankrupt or breaking things up for parts... yet.
    08-14-16 05:52 PM
    They sold surplus real estate.
    They are not bankrupt or breaking things up for parts... yet.
    You and your friends pretend that you know everything when in fact you do not. Real estate you continue to use is not "surplus real estate." Do you know what a sale-leaseback deal is? It's not selling surplus real estate.
    08-14-16 08:10 PM
    You and your friends pretend that you know everything when in fact you do not. Real estate you continue to use is not "surplus real estate." Do you know what a sale-leaseback deal is? It's not selling surplus real estate.
    I confess I didn't but I have a basic understanding now. They are still not going bankrupt and they are not breaking things up for parts. I'll understand if you can't concede the point. 😀
    08-14-16 08:28 PM
    BlackBerry put it in writing last October:

- two more updates focused on security and privacy
    - no BB10 devices in 2016
    - no new Android Runtime
    - no plans to schedule releases of new SDKs and APIs
    - no plans to move to Qt 5.x
    - no desire to obtain new SoC drivers for BB10
    - enterprise BB10 users will be migrated to hardened Android when the latter becomes as secure as BB10
    - the future of BB10 after all that will be determined by market conditions

I think some people's (not you) preference for BB10 has blinded them to the unfortunate facts.

I'm not dissing BB10, as I still quite like it. It may be old, but it's still a solid email platform.
    �- enterprise BB10 users will be migrated to hardened Android when the latter becomes as secure as BB10 �

Here is where many are blinded. Just how is BlackBerry going to migrate enterprise BlackBerry 10 users? Are they offering to purchase existing stock already in use!????? Right!

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    08-15-16 01:16 AM
188 ... 34567 ...