Hello!

I was just wondering the best/cheapest place to get an unlock code for my phone. It was originally with Bell but the screen died and blackberry sent me a new one directly from them. Because of this my model number says "rdv" at the beginning of it so I've been having trouble finding someone who can get me a code on ebay.

Any help would be great - thanks!
    01-25-16 09:21 AM
    I would just go thru Bell. It might cost a bit more but it will work and it will be legit.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 11:21 AM
    I'm no help (like the guy above that said "I would just go thru Bell..."
    but am looking for a solution to the same problem.

I'll check back and/or post if I find someone who can help.

Hello!

I was just wondering the best/cheapest place to get an unlock code for my phone. It was originally with Bell but the screen died and blackberry sent me a new one directly from them. Because of this my model number says "rdv" at the beginning of it so I've been having trouble finding someone who can get me a code on ebay.

02-15-16 01:03 AM
    I'm no help (like the guy above that said "I would just go thru Bell..."
    but am looking for a solution to the same problem.

I'll check back and/or post if I find someone who can help.
    Wow, Ms. Vivian, just wow.

That was sooo helpful.

I replied the same day the OP asked his question and my reply included an actual legitimate solution.

3 weeks later, you make a "rolleyes" remark about me ("the guy") and "offer" to post again "if" you find a solution.

You know what Nick might find on eBay? A few people who have paid for unlock codes that didn't work. Just sayin'.
    02-16-16 11:34 PM
    Like I mentioned, I have one of these "RDV" devices...

so far I tried "quickphoneunlock.com" and even though they said they could do it, they sent me a code that didn't work. Their story changed and it went from $19.99 to "$40 to get the code from the Blackberry Servers". doesn't mention that anywhere on their website, so I walked away, down 14 hours and 8 tries left.

then I got tapped on the shoulder and was told ' cellunlocker.net' could do it, but the price jumped to $25 usd ($36cdn) ... their response to my queries were that they "get their codes directly from the manufacturer" which I'll interpret as Blackberry. it'll work "100%" I've been reassured, however they did mention "if it doesn't work, we'll need a video" and I'll get a refund. Not sure how i'll need a video if it'll work 100% ....but whatever.

so, I figure it'll likely take another dozen or so hours before I know what's going on... i'll keep you posted.

It's a learning experience... let's see how it goes.

Hello!

02-17-16 04:03 PM
    FYI: most Canadian cell phone companies will sell you the unlock code for your phone if (1) you got the phone from them and (2) you have completed your original contact term. The prices range from $20 to $50 depending on phone model.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 02:15 PM
    Try cellunlocker.net. I've gone through them for multiple different devices.
    02-19-16 12:58 AM
    update: 4 days later, cellunlocker.net refunded my money... they said they can't do it.

This is just getting stupid. I might just have to put this up for sale and hope someone on rogers wants a like new z30...
    02-23-16 03:05 PM
    I recommend freemyblackberry.com or mobileincanada.com

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 05:06 PM
    Unlocking Z30-img_20160225_105454.png

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 11:55 AM
    If you're in Ottawa I can unlock BlackBerry and Samsung phones. I have used it on phones I had purchased and it worked well.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 07:23 PM
    Going to Rogers is not an option.
    the $50 would be insult to injury.

i'm waiting for freemyblackberry.com to get back to me with what their take on this is.
    02-29-16 11:27 PM