The Universal search is an awesome feature coming from BBOS which has been made better which the instant actions but it functions way too slow. There should be no lag in this feature. More than often when I am typing pretty fast when I want to look for a contact or anything else, it will always miss the first letter mostly due to the animation of opening the search box. Being a power user, it will kill all the time if I have typed the name of a contact to only realise that I have missed the first letter. Implement it just like it was on BBOS: Super Fast, Instantaneous. I don't want animations, I want speed. Also in BBOS whenever I started typing, the extended search block was always there fixed, not so the case here, if I have typed something long, it takes a couple of seconds to show me the option to google it,BlackBerry World, Etc There should be no lag.
    Also the search options here come up in a list, which takes up a lot of screen estate, especially in Q devices. Show the search results in a grid, just like in BBOS. Will save screen estate and will be able to show more options at once.
    Also in BB10, Facebook isn't part of extended search. Would request you to include it.
    I would really request you to use a BBOS device, search for something really fast and use a BB10 device to do the same. Will really help you understand the difference.
    For a power user like me, this is one of the most important functions, I use it to look up everything on my device. It should be instantaneous and shouldn't miss a letter. I am sure if BBOS with 800Mhz processors could be without lag in this, BB10 with so much RAM and Processing power could do it even better.
    For me personally, the Universal search is Like the HUB to all the data on the phone. Please Make it lag free.
    07-11-14 08:37 AM
    You can voice out your ideas directly to BlackBerry here:

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    jpvj likes this.
    07-12-14 09:22 AM
    Very interesting. The search feature is absolutely the best bit of functionality for me, and I don't experience the lag you are describing.

I use it for everything! Contacts, Web, message content, help, ...literally everything. Even when on my laptop I use the BlackBerry as my search tool.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 11:00 AM
    Very interesting. The search feature is absolutely the best bit of functionality for me, and I don't experience the lag you are describing.

I use it for everything! Contacts, Web, message content, help, ...literally everything. Even when on my laptop I use the BlackBerry as my search tool.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know then, I have read here in the forums as well about people missing the first or the second letter in the instant search. And I have used around 3-4 BB10 devices. Experienced lag in all of them.
    07-12-14 11:20 AM
    You can voice out your ideas directly to BlackBerry here:

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    Already did!
    07-12-14 11:20 AM