- CrackBerry Abuser
- 310 Posts
I have suffered from Uninstall Paranoia for many years. When ever I uninstall a program from my computer. I will meticulously search for left over files, registry keys and directories.
So, naturally when I click the little garbage can icon to delete an app I wonder to myself "Is it all really gone!?"
What if there are leftover files after deleting? Oh no u don't know how I would handle such a thing!
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Genius
02-21-2013, 11:00 AM #2
- 4,434 Posts
The only place such files could be left is in the shared folder area. You can easily look there using the file manager app. They may be in the device's own flash storage or on the sdcard if you've added one.
BB10 apps will be completely cleaned off the system aside from files they may have stored in the above areas. Android apps could have leftovers, possibly... I don't follow them as closely.
Normally files in the shared area are meant to be "your" files and not the app's files, but some poorly written apps and some special case ones may leave even their own files there.
Posted via CB10
- By coldconfession13 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 6Last Post: 11-02-2009, 09:06 AM
- By kermalou in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 10-12-2007, 10:08 AM
- By ttothey in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2007, 01:01 PM
- By jasperar in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:52 PM
- By Kent62 in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 6Last Post: 07-20-2007, 05:14 AM