So when I got home I found something very strange with my phone. I tried to open Clash of Clans. It slid back to the main running apps screen, but as the app opened up it switched with Whatsapp (which was my other opened app). The same thing happened whenever I tried to open just about any other app. BBM, News apps, Settings. I plugged the phone in to charge and when I tried to open up something else again I noticed that my phone was noticeably hot. The last time it was that hot was when I played Where's my Water (that Disney game) which was very resource intensive. I reset my phone a couple times and even had to switch it off and removed the battery and SIM card for a while.

It still didn't work. I left it for a while and it SEEMS to be working for now at least. This has happened once before, but after one reboot it was working well again. But my phone has been acting up more and more now. I am due for an upgrade now, but waiting on the Xperia Z2 to drop in price a bit as in South Africa it is still ludicrously expensive on contract. And as phones go, they always seem to give issues shortly before you upgrade (almost like they are programmed like that lol).

Anyways, has anyone else experienced similar issues with their phones and know a good way to fix it?

I am currently running 10.2.1.2977 official release and have not yet ever installed a leak. I don't really want to do a factory reset, but I will have to as a last resort.

Thanks in advance.
    10-13-14 12:03 PM
    Unfortunately, the only way to solve your issues is to load an OS and completely wipe your device. I would also NOT restore. I had this happen before....
    10-13-14 01:15 PM
    it SEEMS to be working for now at least. This has happened once before, but after one reboot it was working well again. But my phone has been acting up more and more now.
    Acting up by doing what now ?
    10-13-14 01:50 PM
    Check your device monitor screen, is anything going haywire in cpu usage?

My recommendation is load 10.3.0.1418 using an autoloader.
    My one issue with10.3 is my music stutters when the screen blanks.. don't know why, but pause/play fixes until the next screen blank & reboot fixed temporarily.

Download the autoloader. If it is compressed to rar or 7z, extract it first. If you are using windows, you'll need to download 7zip from 7-zip.org

if you use password keeper, back it up to your SD card.
    Download contacts imex from app world and export your contacts to a vcf file.

*Make sure you are NOT the only member in any bbm group.
    * make sure you disable media card encryption if it is enabled.

Plug phone into computer, open BlackBerry Link and create a CUSTOM backup. (select everything).

After the backup completes successfully, open the autoloader exe file and your phone will update.
    After update completes, make sure you login to bbid during the setup.

Connect phone to BlackBerry Link and restore.
    Deselect "settings and calendar", "application data > system applications", "application data > BlackBerry runtime"
    Also deselect anything you don't need/want to restore.

After restore completes, open contacts imex and import your contacts.

Using this method you will lose your
    browser bookmarks (system applications),
    calendar data, you'll need to re setup your accounts, remember (settings)

If you want to save these things, I recommend backup pro (a paid app)

To go back to 10.2.1, you can download the autoloader for 10.2.1 and once the install completes, do a full restore.
    10-13-14 01:57 PM