I brought New BB Z10 last Month.
    Never Installed any app from Amazon app store or sideloaded any app
    i downloaded apk file from browser. placed it in downloads folder.
    i turned on other sources installation and turned off inspect app before installing feature
    when i navigate there and tap on it it says Unable to Open File / Same for .Bar file.
    then i tried to install android app from amazon store. and it installed and worked as well

but it does not even recognise apk file. all i see is file having icon of 4 lines and not typical apk symbol i saw in many you tube videos of blackberry android app installations.

did i missed anything ?
    02-28-16 09:04 AM
    I brought New BB Z10 last Month.
    Never Installed any app from Amazon app store or sideloaded any app
    i downloaded apk file from browser. placed it in downloads folder.
    i turned on other sources installation and turned off inspect app before installing feature
    when i navigate there and tap on it it says Unable to Open File / Same for .Bar file.
    then i tried to install android app from amazon store. and it installed and worked as well

but it does not even recognise apk file. all i see is file having icon of 4 lines and not typical apk symbol i saw in many you tube videos of blackberry android app installations.

did i missed anything ?
    You did something wrong during the apk download. That file MUST have ".APK" written on the file for it to be installable by the android runtime. Go back and download it again from a different location or source if need be.

edit: the other thing you can try is to rename the extension on that file. Select your file using File Manager and using the 3 dot (bottom right) overflow menu, click rename and rename the extension to .apk. It will, of course, warn you that it may not work, but rename it anyway and then save and try to install it again. Good Luck!
    sopanx likes this.
    02-28-16 09:08 AM
    Make sure the file downloaded correctly and completely.
    Make sure the file really is a Android .APK file, and not some error message or "fake" file named as an .APK file.
    Also, not all Android apps can be installed on a BB10 device. Apps such as Widgets will not work or install as the Android Runtime in BB10 can not run or use those types of apps.
    sopanx likes this.
    02-28-16 09:10 AM
    You did something wrong during the apk download. That file MUST have ".APK" written on the file for it to be installable by the android runtime. Go back and download it again from a different location or source if need be.

edit: the other thing you can try is to rename the extension on that file. Select your file using File Manager and using the 3 dot (bottom right) overflow menu, click rename and rename the extension to .apk. It will, of course, warn you that it may not work, but rename it anyway and then save and try to install it again. Good Luck!

Thanks A Ton. Renaming Worked.
    Installed Flawlessly
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-28-16 09:26 AM