This is really strange and frustrating.

I've tried a search in the forums and cannot see anything specific to this, unless it's buried inside some of the really lengthy 'not happy' threads.

Anyhow. I use now GMail as my calendar, following the debarkle over getting a sync'd calendar on my PlayBook (not able to link directly to Outlook). It wasn't a particularly happy experience, with duplicate entries, the need for multiple deletions and resync'ing, but I got there eventually.

Now, though, I have transferred my PIM over from my 9900 to my new Z10. I had multiple copies of some contacts and also some local calendar entries which decided to turn themselves into "repeat everyday" events since sometime in 2010. I was able to delete these, although I had to do it multiple times, and they have reappeared again today after I pulled the battery. However, the stuff within the GMail calendar is sitting there looking at me, but I cannot edit them. At all. Is this something to do with the activesync issue? Email comes through just fine, but the calendar is probably the most important single application I have on my telephone, and it has suddenly become next to useless.
    02-04-13 06:20 AM
    Oh hang on - just found this buried (#59) in the 'not happy - poor experience' thread with this link to a ZDnet article within which is the following:

If you are a Gmail user, you can continue to use existing devices set up with Google Sync/Exchange ActiveSync. But as of January 30, 2013, you will no longer be able to set up a new mobile device this way. You will instead have to use a Google app or configure your account to use IMAP and synchronize accounts separately.

My misunderstanding - I thought it was new GMail accounts, but actually it is new DEVICES, which the Z10 would be, particularly as 30 Jan has elapsed. I guess this answers my question? Does this mean my device will NOT synchronize with my GMail calendar, or is this just going to effect email?
    02-04-13 06:44 AM
    The same for me.

I use Google apps and had no problem with email and contact syncing on BB10. However the calendar does not follow the same simple path.
    The first time I try the calendar didn't register at all. The second time it sync'd but I was unable to edit events. So I deleted the calendar account and set it again, and for now I wasn't able to register it anymore.
    I also try to delete and reset the entire account unsuccessfully.

If anyone has a clue...
    02-05-13 06:43 AM
    Problem resolved for me.

I follow the steps from BB knowledge base, I had to unselect memo and task sync in order to work :

"Users who subscribe to Google Apps can integrate there mobile account as ActiveSync where the default would normally a combination of IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV. To complete this perform the following steps on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

-Swipe down from the top bezel
    -Select Settings
    -Select Accounts
    -Select Add Account
    -Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen
    -Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    -Complete all desired and required fields - Server address: m.google.com and Port:443
    -Select Next
    -Select desired PIM items for Synchronization"
    02-05-13 10:20 AM
    There is also an app called calendar sync that does multiple calendars I think.
    02-05-13 10:28 AM
    02-05-13 04:24 PM