Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BBshuko
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Unable to edit calendar entries on BB10

This is really strange and frustrating.

I've tried a search in the forums and cannot see anything specific to this, unless it's buried inside some of the really lengthy 'not happy' threads.

Anyhow. I use now GMail as my calendar, following the debarkle over getting a sync'd calendar on my PlayBook (not able to link directly to Outlook). It wasn't a particularly happy experience, with duplicate entries, the need for multiple deletions and resync'ing, but I got there eventually.

Now, though, I have transferred my PIM over from my 9900 to my new Z10. I had multiple copies of some contacts and also some local calendar entries which decided to turn themselves into "repeat everyday" events since sometime in 2010. I was able to delete these, although I had to do it multiple times, and they have reappeared again today after I pulled the battery. However, the stuff within the GMail calendar is sitting there looking at me, but I cannot edit them. At all. Is this something to do with the activesync issue? Email comes through just fine, but the calendar is probably the most important single application I have on my telephone, and it has suddenly become next to useless.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Oh hang on - just found this buried (#59) in the 'not happy - poor experience' thread with this link to a ZDnet article within which is the following:

If you are a Gmail user, you can continue to use existing devices set up with Google Sync/Exchange ActiveSync. But as of January 30, 2013, you will no longer be able to set up a new mobile device this way. You will instead have to use a Google app or configure your account to use IMAP and synchronize accounts separately.

My misunderstanding - I thought it was new GMail accounts, but actually it is new DEVICES, which the Z10 would be, particularly as 30 Jan has elapsed. I guess this answers my question? Does this mean my device will NOT synchronize with my GMail calendar, or is this just going to effect email?
    CrackBerry Newbie

The same for me.

I use Google apps and had no problem with email and contact syncing on BB10. However the calendar does not follow the same simple path.
    The first time I try the calendar didn't register at all. The second time it sync'd but I was unable to edit events. So I deleted the calendar account and set it again, and for now I wasn't able to register it anymore.
    I also try to delete and reset the entire account unsuccessfully.

If anyone has a clue...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Problem resolved for me.

I follow the steps from BB knowledge base, I had to unselect memo and task sync in order to work :

"Users who subscribe to Google Apps can integrate there mobile account as ActiveSync where the default would normally a combination of IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV. To complete this perform the following steps on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

-Swipe down from the top bezel
    -Select Settings
    -Select Accounts
    -Select Add Account
    -Select Advanced at the bottom of the screen
    -Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    -Complete all desired and required fields - Server address: m.google.com and Port:443
    -Select Next
    -Select desired PIM items for Synchronization"
    Thanked by 3:
    jvictor77 (02-05-2013),  valsimot (02-05-2013),  you sir name (02-05-2013) 
    valsimot likes this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,456 Global Posts

There is also an app called calendar sync that does multiple calendars I think.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    CrackBerry User

Default Unable to add or modify CalDAV Gmail calendar account