I was moving files the other day when I noticed I had a bunch of files that looked like this: [filename].[filetype].[bunch-of-random-numbers]

I can delete them as they're read-only. I found them in a couple of folders so far. Any ideas on what these are and how to delete them? Thanks!
    11-18-14 02:26 PM
    11-18-14 03:03 PM
    Thanks DaFoxGrey. I only have one Android app installed so I'm not sure if it's the culprit.

I already tried restarting the phone but I still can't delete it.
    11-18-14 03:50 PM
    Thanks DaFoxGrey. I only have one Android app installed so I'm not sure if it's the culprit.

I already tried restarting the phone but I still can't delete it.
    Can you post the full path to the files in question? ie. what folders/sub folders that are in on which device memory, internal and/or SD.
    11-18-14 04:52 PM
    Can you post the full path to the files in question? ie. what folders/sub folders that are in on which device memory, internal and/or SD.
    /downloads/wip/gat-x103/
    /downloads/fin/

Internal memory
    11-18-14 10:03 PM
    /downloads/wip/gat-x103/
    /downloads/fin/

Internal memory
    Connect the device to a Windows computer that has BlackBerry Link installed, via USB data cable.
    Launch Link and wait until the BlackBerry Device Manager appears in the system tray, the area next to your computers clock, and right click it.
    Choose Properties and click the Options tab on the window that pops up.
    Check the box that says "Mount tablet volumes on connect".
    Click the Connected Devices tab and then click the + signs until you get to the Volumes section of the tree, it should now show the Internal and Removable (if SD card in device) "drives" that have been created using the BlackBerry's memory and SD.
    Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to the drive letter that was next to the Internal as above.
    Now turn off the WiFi, Mobile Network, and Data Services on your BlackBerry.
    Back to Windows Explorer, go into the Downloads folder and find the offending files, try to delete them.
    If they wont delete due to "permissions" then right click each file and folder, choose properties and uncheck Read Only.

Let me know if that works.
    If not there are a few more tricks to try.
    11-19-14 04:59 AM
    Thanks. But no, it didn't work. The files are stuck on read-only; I can uncheck and apply, but it goes right back to being read-only.

Also, they don't show up in Explorer, even if prompted to show hidden and system files. (I tried to delete the folder they're in.)
    11-19-14 07:18 PM
    Thanks. But no, it didn't work. The files are stuck on read-only; I can uncheck and apply, but it goes right back to being read-only.

Also, they don't show up in Explorer, even if prompted to show hidden and system files. (I tried to delete the folder they're in.)
    OK, it seems those are files in use on the device or ghost file names that exists in the cache, but are not actually on the device memory.
    To help with the cache theory, try:
    Remove the SD card.
    Reboot the device.
    Reinsert the SD card.
    That forces a cache update, see if the files vanish.

If the files are still there and non-deletable, then try removing your non-bundled apps to see if the files poof or are deletable.
    As a last resort, backup the device and do a Security Wipe.
    11-20-14 04:46 AM
    I don't use an SD card. (Insane no? lol) And I have already tried rebooting it before.

By non-bundled apps, do you mean apps I installed?

Also, is a hard reset (volume keys) the same as a security wipe?
    11-21-14 01:31 AM
    I don't use an SD card. (Insane no? lol) And I have already tried rebooting it before.

By non-bundled apps, do you mean apps I installed?

Also, is a hard reset (volume keys) the same as a security wipe?
    OK, no SD.... Not sure how to force a cache update then

Non-bundled = Apps you have installed that were not on the device out of the box or after carrier setup.

Soft Reset = Using the Restart feature when you press and hold the power button until the count down to power off is displayed.
    Hard Reset = Pressing the two Volume buttons at the same time and holding until the phone shuts off, starts back up, and you get the Blue BlackBerry logo with the Loading circle. Release the buttons when the loading circle starts to move. This is the same as a battery pull on devices with removable batteries.
    Security Wipe = Either via the BlackBerry Link software or the Setting / Security and Privacy / Security Wipe menu on the device, this deletes all non-bundled software, removes all accounts, removes all contacts and messages, resets the system to default settings, and restores the device to an "out of the box" state , but with the currently installed OS, as if it had been powered up for the first time. You will loose everything stored on the device memory. Always do a backup before a Security Wipe to restore the stuff you loose.

Use a Security Wipe as a last ditch effort.
    fpjones3 likes this.
    11-21-14 06:38 AM
    Hard Reset = Pressing the two Volume buttons at the same time and holding until the phone shuts off, starts back up, and you get the Blue BlackBerry logo with the Loading circle. Release the buttons when the loading circle starts to move. This is the same as a battery pull on devices with removable batteries.
    I tried pressing the volume buttons but all I get is a screenshot. Held it until the screen timed out. I'm using a Q10, so I guess a battery pull will have the same effect (as you mentioned above)?
    11-21-14 09:38 PM
    I tried pressing the volume buttons but all I get is a screenshot. Held it until the screen timed out. I'm using a Q10, so I guess a battery pull will have the same effect (as you mentioned above)?
    You need to hold them for a few seconds, when you see that screnshot appear, it means you're holding it right. Just hold for say, 10 seconds total and that should be more than enough to hard reset for you.

Yes, a hard reset is simulating a battery pull, allows you to reset the device without needing wear and tear, also enables non-removable battery devices like the passport to be reset :P

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    fpjones3 likes this.
    11-21-14 11:23 PM
    Yes, on a Q10 you can do a battery pull:
    Power off the device, press and hold the power button for more than 10 seconds.
    If the phone is unresponsive to the power button, then skip that step and proceed to below:
    Remove back cover.
    Remove battery, wait 20 seconds, reinstall battery.
    Power the device back on, press power button for a couple seconds and then release.
    11-22-14 06:44 AM
    Yes, on a Q10 you can do a battery pull:
    Power off the device, press and hold the power button for more than 10 seconds.
    If the phone is unresponsive to the power button, then skip that step and proceed to below:
    Remove back cover.
    Remove battery, wait 20 seconds, reinstall battery.
    Power the device back on, press power button for a couple seconds and then release.
    Ahahahaha ooops, forgot that the Q10's functional keymapping was different!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-22-14 08:14 AM
    Simply go to SNAP App, download 'Ghost commander' from Google Play store. Install Ghost Commander and through this app you'll be able to delete those files.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:24 AM