I went and tried one out today in the O2 shop. I have to say, what I saw was fantastic! It was locked in position so I couldn't hold it properly, but the os was fast and incredibly fluid. The device itself looks and feels like a premium device. The gestures are a little different to what I was expecting, but they seem like they'll be simple enough after a bit of use.
    02-01-13 11:53 AM
    yes the browser is awesome. i just loaded a website on my 9860 and Z10 at the same time, both on the same wifi connection both with cache dumped, the Z10 was loaded before the 9860 even got 40% of the way!
    Is that with JavaScript turned on? Like can you load this forum, using JavaScript, without lots of checkerboarding?
    02-01-13 12:04 PM
    Oh, and is there a way to share (to email, FaceBook, BBM, etc.) a picture while viewing the picture itself? You know, like how with BBOS you can just click the BlackBerry button while viewing a photo and choose SEND TO... without needing to open Email, Facebook, etc.

Can you actually edit and sort your Browser bookmarks as well?

I was really surprised those things were missing on the PlayBook... I hope those omissions didn't carry over?
    02-01-13 12:11 PM
    Is that with JavaScript turned on? Like can you load this forum, using JavaScript, without lots of checkerboarding?
    There had better be zero checkerboarding otherwise it would be a total fail.
    02-01-13 12:16 PM
    JavaScript can't be disabled in the browser settings.

Oh, and is there a way to share (to email, FaceBook, BBM, etc.) a picture while viewing the picture itself? You know, like how with BBOS you can just click the BlackBerry button while viewing a photo and choose SEND TO... without needing to open Email, Facebook, etc.

Can you actually edit and sort your Browser bookmarks as well?
    Yes, and yes
    02-01-13 12:18 PM
    There had better be zero checkerboarding otherwise it would be a total fail.
    Such drama ...
    02-01-13 12:23 PM
    standard setting for 9860 so yes js was turned on, for the Z10 js and flash were both turned on
    02-01-13 12:36 PM
    well i got my hands on one today and must admit was not bowled over by the new OS

have a BB9900 currently and think i will wait for q10 then reassess whether to upgrade or not

battery life is key for me!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 12:50 PM
    It may not, it only supports certain 4G bands, one of those is already taken by EE in UK. Depends on the results of the airspace auction and who wins what.
    My understanding is that all operators will get some of the capacity on all bands being auctioned, just depends how much
    02-01-13 02:16 PM
    My understanding is that all operators will get some of the capacity on all bands being auctioned, just depends how much
    Correct... and all those bands being auctioned (including EE's currently used 1800Mhz 4G band) are compatible with the UK Z10 models.
    02-01-13 02:27 PM
    I really feel people under-estimated the speed of BBOS7 when it wasn't being laggy. Of course I've got to get used to the touchscreen but messaging friends on BBM does feel somewhat slower in my opinion. With active frames, BBM isn't always on but it does an animation while opening the app whereas on BBOS7 it really is instantaneous. Not a big deal but a little "grr"

The OS really is a joy to use, quite unfortunate about the Sound Profiles. I really hope they fix that in an update and that an application is released which allows us to choose LED functions. Need to find a good Google Maps replacement also.
    Sideload google maps...sometimes its even better than an andriod phone...
    02-01-13 02:37 PM
    Sideload google maps...sometimes its even better than an andriod phone...
    Someone on the forum has already sideloaded Google maps on their Z10 and they said it works really well.
    02-01-13 02:53 PM
    Do you know which version they used? I've used two different versions and while they appeared to work decent.. One crashed on me and the other had my location in some crazy place lol
    hutch0707 likes this.
    02-01-13 03:00 PM
    Uh oh, that isn't just happening to my device? I'm also on T-Mobile and since I've received the phone my 3g connection has been dreadful. I spoke to T-Mobile also, she ran something on her end apparently while I took out the battery and when back in it did work a lot better. However it seems like it just starts to choke again. Even loading threads on crackberry begins to take forever.. makes me feel like I got unlimited data for absolutely no reason. Going to phone again now and see what they say because this isn't acceptable. Hopefully no one else on other networks reports this issue otherwise this could be really really really bad.

Also it normally begins to work fine and zippy once I've taken out the battery. Yesterday I did it like 4-5 times. Don't mean to scare anyone..
    How did you get on? I turned 4g off so it only looks for 2g and 3g now will see if it improves
    02-01-13 03:00 PM
    Correct... and all those bands being auctioned (including EE's currently used 1800Mhz 4G band) are compatible with the UK Z10 models.
    Pretty sure you're wrong, to be auctioned 800 Mhz band with best coverage will not be supported AFAIK
    02-01-13 03:37 PM
    Pretty sure you're wrong, to be auctioned 800 Mhz band with best coverage will not be supported AFAIK
    The UK Z10 model number is RFH121LW which according to BlackBerry's own spec sheet here shows Quad-band LTE support: LTE 800Mhz, LTE 900Mhz, LTE 1800Mhz, and LTE 2600Mhz.

Therefore EE's existing 1800Mhz spectrum is compatible, as well as the 800Mhz and 2600Mhz spectrums currently up for auction to other UK networks, and also the 900Mhz spectrum that Vodafone UK are rumoured to want to use for 4G.
    02-01-13 04:40 PM
    First thoughts:

Cable on the side is annoying, it won't fit in my car holder

App world is slow, pictures take an age to load. The one app I realy need (tomtom) is not present

Can't sync apple lossless music files even though Link tells you it has worked

Emails look great. loving the z10 keyboard
    02-01-13 04:48 PM
    In case anyone is interested im tempted by the T-Mobile deal @ �269.99 for the phone with �10.50 x 24 months on contract and Topcashback have �45.45 back giving a total of �476.54 over the two years (if the cash back tracks its cheaper than sim free). Anyone know if these phones come locked to a network?
    02-02-13 02:33 AM
    Good first impressions however my z10 won't charge to 100%? Not sure why going to drain the battery and re charge but other than that everything is super fast and emails are fine and show up instantly
    DJRikko likes this.
    02-02-13 02:45 AM
    BBM works on ANY normal data plan - BIS is not needed on BB10 for anything to work.
    Really? So no more BlackBerry plan nonsense?
    02-02-13 03:29 AM
    Yep, we need a sticky that says in big letters BIS IS DEAD.
    02-02-13 03:30 AM
    My exact view keyboard is awesome, serious lack of apps,

First thoughts:

Cable on the side is annoying, it won't fit in my car holder

App world is slow, pictures take an age to load. The one app I realy need (tomtom) is not present

Can't sync apple lossless music files even though Link tells you it has worked

Emails look great. loving the z10 keyboard
    02-02-13 03:31 AM
    Anyone know if the phones come carrier locked on a contract?
    02-02-13 03:40 AM
    Yep, we need a sticky that says in big letters BIS IS DEAD.
    I agree. I asked two friends at RIM (er BlackBerry) and they couldn't confirm if this is the case.
    02-02-13 04:40 AM
    How did you get on? I turned 4g off so it only looks for 2g and 3g now will see if it improves
    Well I tried letting TuneIn Radio play for a few minutes on 128kb setting and it kept stopping and starting so I just turned it off. Websites still load slow too. Online it seems a lot of people have complained about the T-mobile's 3G reception since it moved to EE. I also turned off 4g when I first got the phone..

This is so frustrating. Has yours made any improvements?
    Last edited by shaunj539; 02-02-13 at 07:59 AM.
    02-02-13 07:47 AM
135 ... 3456