Will also add that the phone feels like a bit of a slab, no curvy sides like my 9790. More importantly (to me at least) is that the O2 rep didn't know whether I'd get a (free) automatic upgrade to 4G when it's available
    djdragon likes this.
    01-31-13 07:12 AM
    I desparately want one, but am smack-bang in the middle of my Vodafone contract with quite a high buy-out price. I'm going to have to hang on for a little while and wait for the buy-out price on my contract to drop a little bit.

Anyone know what the SIM-free price of the phone is in the UK because that could be an option!! :-) Either that or I'll have to wait until Vodafone launch 4G here and see what options are available.

The waiting is going to be difficult though - I WANT A Z10!!!!! :-)

To those that have got one already, whats in the box (other than the phone). In Kevins unboxing video, there appeared to be a whole load of goodies, yet the box in the picture from one of the previous posters is a lot smaller than the one Kevin had.

Patients never was one of my strong points!! :-)
    01-31-13 07:16 AM
    Just got back from carphone warehouse with mine. �36 a month contract with unlimited everything and �80 up front... Feels like I got bumped compared to you guys? Lol

Still excited but not as much as I was before the launch.. Was honestly expecting more, but I know that if they had told me all I already knew yesterday as a surprise, I would be going absolutely crazy!

Had to teach the customer assistant more about the phone than he knew. He had a demo of the device literally an hour before I walked in.
    Who is that with as tmobile are doing unlimited everything for 36 quid a month 50 quid for the phone
    01-31-13 07:16 AM
    Nor is spelling
    FSeverino, PiotrJot and mkelley65 like this.
    01-31-13 07:19 AM
    Just ordered mine from phones 4 u on ee �41 month handset �39.99 and a free 64gb playbook! Only thing is I have to wait upto 5 days for delivery!
    01-31-13 07:33 AM
    Nor is spelling
    Yes, its normally really good, but the frustration of having to wait just got to me a bit :-)
    01-31-13 08:21 AM
    I picked mine up from EE Barnsley this morning upgraded from the Torch.
    Its sleek and very fast and the system works perfectly HOWEVER some of the "Premium" apps are yet to appear on Blackberry World like WhatsApp for instance which considering BB said they were available on launch is a tad disappointing.

The Hub is excellent and the keyboard is great.

Would have been nice to have a case included in the box however no big loss.
    dietertong and alan510 like this.
    01-31-13 08:35 AM
    I don't think they said whatsapp would be available at launch, he said they were committed to bb10 . . that prob means later . .
    01-31-13 09:10 AM
    What about BIS?? Do it require BIS or only
    Internet APN??? Wtf noone have any info about it.
    And at launch they said nothing about BIS.. Poor really bad.
    bobauckland likes this.
    01-31-13 09:19 AM
    What about BIS?? Do it require BIS or only
    Internet APN??? Wtf noone have any info about it.
    And at launch they said nothing about BIS.. Poor really bad.
    Seriously, horrible communication from BlackBerry on BIS.
    01-31-13 09:25 AM
    I'm in the USA and I'm waiting to hear back from you all about the phone and usage!!! **waits**
    01-31-13 09:31 AM
    in the press releases that came after the announcement it explained that you would not require BIS you just go onto a standard smartphone plan. When I upgraded this morning I took the �36pm full monty tariff thats all you need.
    Works just like a blackberry would normally with regards to email/facebook/internet
    dietertong and alan510 like this.
    01-31-13 09:32 AM
    I'm in the USA and I'm waiting to hear back from you all about the phone and usage!!! **waits**
    Honestly mate the phone is great albeit ive only had it since 09:20 this morning but first impressions are great
    Deu2e likes this.
    01-31-13 09:33 AM
    Who is that with as tmobile are doing unlimited everything for 36 quid a month 50 quid for the phone
    Well isn't that annoying, it's on T-mobile network but through Carphone Warehouse. Could have saved myself �30 if I had just done a little bit more research!
    01-31-13 09:44 AM
    Had a play with the demo unit. Phone looks very suave, if not a little bland. The OS itself is everything you already know, but also extremely smooth. Apps take no time at all really to load, and it's very snappy between screens.
    01-31-13 09:51 AM
    I desparately want one, but am smack-bang in the middle of my Vodafone contract with quite a high buy-out price. I'm going to have to hang on for a little while and wait for the buy-out price on my contract to drop a little bit.

Anyone know what the SIM-free price of the phone is in the UK because that could be an option!! :-) Either that or I'll have to wait until Vodafone launch 4G here and see what options are available.

The waiting is going to be difficult though - I WANT A Z10!!!!! :-)

To those that have got one already, whats in the box (other than the phone). In Kevins unboxing video, there appeared to be a whole load of goodies, yet the box in the picture from one of the previous posters is a lot smaller than the one Kevin had.

What phone are you with right now? Sell it and use that as a subsidy to buy the Z10 on pay as you go. Added bonus of a cheaper plan next year as you won't be subsidising the phone with your plan.
    01-31-13 09:54 AM
    "I desparately want one, but am smack-bang in the middle of my Vodafone contract with quite a high buy-out price. I'm going to have to hang on for a little while and wait for the buy-out price on my contract to drop a little bit."

Same here, �250 to buy out the contract on my 9900
    01-31-13 09:55 AM
    I really feel people under-estimated the speed of BBOS7 when it wasn't being laggy. Of course I've got to get used to the touchscreen but messaging friends on BBM does feel somewhat slower in my opinion. With active frames, BBM isn't always on but it does an animation while opening the app whereas on BBOS7 it really is instantaneous. Not a big deal but a little "grr"

The OS really is a joy to use, quite unfortunate about the Sound Profiles. I really hope they fix that in an update and that an application is released which allows us to choose LED functions. Need to find a good Google Maps replacement also.
    01-31-13 09:56 AM
    Will also add that the phone feels like a bit of a slab, no curvy sides like my 9790. More importantly (to me at least) is that the O2 rep didn't know whether I'd get a (free) automatic upgrade to 4G when it's available
    It may not, it only supports certain 4G bands, one of those is already taken by EE in UK. Depends on the results of the airspace auction and who wins what.
    01-31-13 09:58 AM
    It may not, it only supports certain 4G bands, one of those is already taken by EE in UK. Depends on the results of the airspace auction and who wins what.
    Current device supports current band being used, the one currently being auctioned, but not the 800 Mhz band thats going to be auctioned and supposedly has the best coverage.
    01-31-13 10:01 AM
    Unboxed . . .

-img_20130131_161411.jpg
    01-31-13 10:18 AM
    I'm going into my local Carphone Warehouse later today to take a look. There is a nice full page Z10 add on the back of my copy of the i newspaper, (national paper for those not in the UK). My problem is do I wait for the Q10, having moved from a Samsung Galaxy to a Bold 9900 and vowing never to get a touch only phone ever again?!
    So I have been and looked and I am now suffering an internal conflict. Do I get the Z10 now and put up with the fact that I can type faster on my Bold 9900 or do I wait until the Q10 in released?! Not sure what to do??? Help!
    01-31-13 10:20 AM
    Had mine since 9.30AM this morning when vodafone opened. Good phone so far and i'm enjoying being able to play games on it.

Did take some getting used to from the BlackBerry 9900.

Only thing i'm worried about is getting spotify on it, i know all the other apps i want are coming, they just might not be here right now so it dosen't bother me. Its looking good so far!
    01-31-13 10:26 AM
    Any initial impressions regarding battery life?
    01-31-13 10:26 AM
    Only thing i'm worried about is getting spotify on it, i know all the other apps i want are coming, they just might not be here right now so it dosen't bother me. Its looking good so far!
    This is whats been stopping me leaving work all day to go and get one. I use Spotify pretty much every day at the gym so although I'm not reliant on it I do really want it! WhatsApp, Google Maps and UberSocial are the other things that are missing but I can live without them until they are released.

Arrrghh...I might phone O2 and Phones4U tonight and see who can give me the best deal (although i am tempted by a white Z10 and a free Playbook!)
    01-31-13 10:44 AM
135 1234 ...