I wanted the new OS10 update and had to buy a Vodafone SIM so that the update could be installed. EE has not yet sent any update even though it has been released.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:56 AM
    I wanted the new OS10 update and had to buy a Vodafone SIM so that the update could be installed. EE has not yet sent any update even though it has been released.

Posted via CB10
    This does work, although your device does need to be unlocked I believe to benefit from this.

I'm considering picking up SIM cards from all carriers so I can swap out when an update is available. I believe all other carriers haven't pushed the latest version out yet. Vodafone has always been BlackBerry friendly though (They do a lot of large scale business contracts, so I presume this has something to do with it)
    03-10-13 09:03 AM
    I have done the same and it is worth having one sim card of each provider. My understanding is that you don't need to even charge up the cards or activate them. As long as they are recognized by the device as a does doc provider, then that is all you need

Posted from my awesome Z10
    03-10-13 09:05 AM
    Can't understand why I keep reading of people BUYING Vodafone sims, they're free on their website

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 11:19 AM
    Hi my Z10 on T Mobile no update, put Vodafone sim in,update notice then switched to wi fi
    downloading now, will keep it for next update it works, had one in nokia phone in drawer.
    03-10-13 11:32 AM
    Buy= you have to top up to acquire

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 05:25 PM
    i done the same last friday got a vodafone sim with no credit on it and updated it
    and i got an update on saturday and Sunday
    03-10-13 05:57 PM
    Buy= you have to top up to acquire

Posted via CB10
    I didn't have to top up or even register the sim to get the update

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 03:23 AM
    My Z10s locked on EE

Love My Z10, Posted via Excellent CB10
    03-11-13 04:09 AM
    Yeah my Z10 is locked on RE too, bumber. Wish they would get there act together and give us the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:01 AM
    Typo' should be EE, really should check before hitting submit.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:02 AM
    Yes, mine is an unlocked version. But I am on EE too. I asked them when they would send out the update, the reply was to send me the orange app which is not compatible. The assistants on customer care know nothing!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:06 AM
    I got a tweet from EE saying they had no plan's on releasing an update as it was a new phone. I agree, they know nothing.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 09:16 AM
    I got a tweet from EE saying they had no plan's on releasing an update as it was a new phone. I agree, they know nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Bunch of muppets arent they??...im on tmobile myself but its part of EE now and ive wiped my phone which has also wiped the voda update i did last week. Had a few issues which ive made a thread about in here.
    I have a Z10 which i bought sim free so i can stick any sim in and it works and thats how i did my update last week just after Voda started rolling it out.

As i said bunch of inept muppets they are, how they can not roll the latest update out is truly beyond me.
    03-11-13 09:49 AM
    Bunch of muppets arent they??...im on tmobile myself but its part of EE now and ive wiped my phone which has also wiped the voda update i did last week. Had a few issues which ive made a thread about in here.
    I have a Z10 which i bought sim free so i can stick any sim in and it works and thats how i did my update last week just after Voda started rolling it out.

As i said bunch of inept muppets they are, how they can not roll the latest update out is truly beyond me.
    As youve said complete MUPPETS! claim to be the "1st" network especially in regards to 4G but really same ole T-Mobile! im waiting to have my phone unlocked then can update with any sim rather than waiting on their wonderful technical team to release anything. completely useless!
    03-11-13 10:23 AM
    I can also confirm that the voda simcard works. Walked into the voda store and they gave me a sim card for free.
    03-11-13 11:26 AM
    Well seeing as i backed up my Z10 and wiped then restored the backup, im no longer on the latest update as that seemed to have been wiped as well so im back on the shipping OS, which is the one i imagine people who didnt get the update are still on ie no bedside mode on mine.

I have a voda sim that i originally done the update with last week but not sure if i should update it via voda as i found recently i had a few issues ie BBM contacts werent being linked with phone contacts.

Ill wait till the end of this week to see if EE get their fingers out of their backsides and push a new update out. From what i have been reading, it doesnt look like anytime soon before we get that update unless EE are waiting for a newer update to come out ie 10.1??...can only hope lol.
    03-11-13 11:31 AM
    I also made a mistake if trying the Web update and BlackBerry led me to downgrade. Just got Vodafone sim to update

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:33 PM
    Can I encourage those waiting for BB10.1 to get their Vodafone SIM cards ready. The new update will be sent out this month.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 01:36 PM
    Let me remind everyone that you DO NOT NEED TO BUY A VODA SIM. They will happily send you one by mail for free.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:07 PM
    Can I encourage those waiting for BB10.1 to get their Vodafone SIM cards ready. The new update will be sent out this month.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on Vodafone my sim is ready and waiting for this.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:15 PM
    Got my Vodafone sim at home ready for this! (in Germany atm and forgot to take it so I hope that I make it back for the first day of push!)

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:12 PM
    Ok. Must be about 29th that it will be launched. We'll see.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    And how do you know? Any real evidence?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:27 AM