Good catch..
    02-08-13 06:17 PM
    I found this thread searching for a way to paste my wifi password. Joke's on me, there's no copy & paste in BB10, just gimped app-level pasting..

Relying on an app to allow/enable copy/paste ******* blows. They should have done what MS did in W8, just support proper, real copy & paste (ctrl+c, v). Apple's ****ty touch & wait UI is the worst thing to happen to mobiles, can't believe BB decided it would be a good idea to copy their inferior approach for editing. I honestly can't say enough bad things about it.

And now it's in BB10
    These is copy and paste. You press and hold what you want to copy for 3 seconds. The menu to the right should pop up and you can select copy. To paste, press and hold where you want to paste and the menu to the right should enable you to paste.
    02-08-13 06:46 PM
    I'm having trouble making sense of your sentence, particularly the first part. Also, I was referencing W8, not WP8.

I have the Z10. There's no system-level copy & paste. Instead, it relies on an app to allow pasting. As njblackberry pointed out, I can't paste a phone number. And I can't paste a wifi password either.

Maybe you should get/use a Z10 first, hm?
    Funny. I just sent myself a text with a number. I copied it, and pasted it into a word document and subsequently a bbm chat box. Copy and paste does work.
    02-08-13 07:48 PM
    Can't copy it into the dialer. Not a BBM chat box. Into the dialer.
    02-08-13 07:51 PM
    when you copy the number you do not get something like this?
    Attached Thumbnails UI Suggestion:  Allow Phone Numbers to be Pasted in Dialer-img_00000006.jpg  
    02-08-13 11:06 PM
    Adding Phone Numbers From Text To Contacts

To add a phone number from Text tab in the BlackBerry Hub to Contacts, you *do not* need to do copy and paste as you can perform these steps instead:

To add a phone number that's sending the text:
    1. Open the Text conversation by tapping on the appropriate item in the Text tab
    2. Look at the top of the screen and tap on the sender's phone number in blue background
    3. A screen will open to either select an existing contact (the sender's phone number will be added as another phone number for that contact) or a new contact (a new contact will be created with the phone number in the phone number field)
    4. Adjust as necessary and tap Save

To add a (recognized) phone number from the content of a text message:
    1. In the text message, tap once on the phone number, which should launch the Phone tab and begin a phone call. You do not need to let the call proceed.
    2. In the Phone app, press and hold the recently "Dialed" number and select "Add To Contacts" from the contextual menu.
    Repeat steps 3 and 4 from above.
    Last edited by b320; 02-09-13 at 02:27 AM.
    02-08-13 11:53 PM
    ADDING PHONE NUMBERS FROM TEXT TO CONTACTS

To add a phone number from Text tab in the BlackBerry Hub to Contacts, you *do not* need to do copy and paste as you can perform these steps instead:

To add a phone number that's sending the text:
    1. Open the Text conversation by tapping on the appropriate item in the Text tab
    2. Look at the top of the screen and tap on the sender's phone number in blue background
    3. A screen will open to either select an existing contact (the sender's phone number will be added as another phone number for that contact) or a new contact (a new contact will be created with the phone number in the phone number field)
    4. Adjust as necessary and tap Save

To add a (recognized) phone number from the content of a text message:
    1. In the text message, tap once on the phone number, which should launch the Phone tab and begin a phone call. You do not need to let the call proceed.
    2. In the Phone app, press and hold the recently "Dialed" number and select "Add To Contacts" from the contextual menu.
    Repeat steps 3 and 4 from above.
    I've never yelled on a forum post, but I might here... maybe not.

H e d o e s n ' t w a n t t o a d d i t t o c o n t a c t s. He wants to paste it in the dialer! Why is this so complicated?!
    02-09-13 01:15 AM
    I've never yelled on a forum post, but I might here... maybe not.

H e d o e s n ' t w a n t t o a d d i t t o c o n t a c t s. He wants to paste it in the dialer! Why is this so complicated?!
    OK, so first of all, no need to get mad. I posted that from the CrackBerry app and there's no bolding that I could see in there. This has now been corrected by editing that reply in a browser. The header line was to identify the instructions. You know, in case some people may find them useful. There was *no* attempt to yell.

I specifically addressed the "adding numbers" scenario brought up in one of the replies in this thread. I didn't address the copy-into-dialer issue because I do *not* have an answer to that issue and I was trying to be helpful with the part that I could help with but if you must have some sort of answer, here you go:

Sorry. It's not implemented right now. It may or not be complicated. I don't know. Only BlackBerry's inhouse developers know that. You may just have to wait for the next OS update and see.
    02-09-13 02:29 AM
    Took all that time to figure out something that was mentioned 10 posts earlier.
    You can't paste a number into the dialer.
    There.
    02-09-13 05:28 AM
    Update: not being able to paste phone numbers into the Dialer tab of is a *known* issue and and it's already logged with BlackBerry. Please see:
    KB33496-Unable to paste into the Dial Pad while in the Phone application on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-10-13 03:57 AM
    Agree with OP.

1. Can't paste into call app. Yes you can paste into contact but not every number you want to call should end up in contact.

2. Copy & Paste function needs improvement. It's hard to select and copy in general.

It is a 1.0 OS, can we just let go the ego and have some constructive discussion for a second.
    02-10-13 10:45 AM
    if I were able to copy that phone number and paste it into the phone dialer.
    I wrote a little app to do it: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
    04-12-13 12:04 AM
    Thank god I was going to message about this issue as it's quite time consuming to save a website phone number as a contact just for the sake of dialling it once!

Looks like some people are finding it hard to grasp what you mean!

:-)

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:22 AM
    Why of course. We definitely need this feature.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:34 AM
39 12