Recently I upgraded the OS on my STL100-3 to the T-Mob 10.2.1.2156 release via Sachesi and all went smooth and well, at least I assumed. Fast forward a week or so and me wondering why the Data Usage App wasn't tracking my data usage. SMS Blocker Pro let a previous blocked spam SMS through and when I went to record a meeting at work Voice Recorder shut down when closing the live tile. All these apps were working headless before the OS update and since realizing they no longer do I have deleted and reinstalled them with no success to get them to work headless. I did a restore from backup via Link, but still no headless function. I double checked permissions and all had the option on for background run.
    Did a file go missing when Sachesi gathered all of them in the search?
    Did I use the wrong carrier code, "260" instead of "160" (the former listed as the universal USA T-Mob) for the Sachesi Search?
    Do these specific or all headless apps need updating in order to function again as headless?
    Should I reload the OS via Sachesi?

Again, much abliged and appreciated for any answers or suggestions to get my Headless groove back on, it was nice to have.
    03-25-14 05:19 AM
    SO you are saying you were able to close the active frame before and the app would still work? Is it optimized for 10.2.1?
    You should check with each app developer to see why they are not working headless. How do you know they are not working? Have you checked the App monitor to see if they are running?
    03-25-14 05:28 AM
    I had the 10.2.1.527 installed previously and yes, all those apps functioned as advertised after closing the live tiles. I checked the Device Manager as you suggested, Data Usage Counter and SMS Blocker Pro are listed under CPU, the former showing 0.XX cpu usage and the latter 0.00 usage. Checked the history on the DUC app and it shows 0 usage for all days even though I'm using the phone as a wifi hotspot at work and home. I opened the Voice recorder and minimized/closed it while recording and it does not show up in Device Monitor.
    03-25-14 05:43 AM
    I had the 10.2.1.527 installed previously and yes, all those apps functioned as advertised after closing the live tiles. I checked the Device Manager as you suggested, Data Usage Counter and SMS Blocker Pro are listed under CPU, the former showing 0.XX cpu usage and the latter 0.00 usage. Checked the history on the DUC app and it shows 0 usage for all days even though I'm using the phone as a wifi hotspot at work and home. I opened the Voice recorder and minimized/closed it while recording and it does not show up in Device Monitor.
    Lol I guess your phone has a head now :P

Seriously though, that's really weird, maybe the apps are broke? I know Data usage counter has a bug when you choose BB10 as a tracking source instead of QNX, it doesn't track your usage.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:41 AM
    I think the above posts covered it for now.
    As for "Where'd the Headless go....
    ...their roaming this website. Oh wait, that's clueless! nevermind!
    03-26-14 05:56 PM
    Lol I guess your phone has a head now :P

Seriously though, that's really weird, maybe the apps are broke? I know Data usage counter has a bug when you choose BB10 as a tracking source instead of QNX, it doesn't track your usage.

Posted via CB10
    That did the trick for that app, thank you.
    SMS Blocker pro had an update out, so that also is back in fine headless fettle;
    I downloaded Firehose Usage Pro as a test and that also worked headless after an update;
    Downloaded Power Tools and that worked headless right out of the box;
    Voice recorder is still silent though if not running active. Hopefully an update will arrive soon.
    03-30-14 05:23 PM