Ever since BlackBerry Z10 is released to the masses, did you guys noticed that typo error in Crackberry.com is a common occurrences?

Posted via CB10 using a Shiny Black BB Z10
    04-15-13 12:22 AM
    My Z10 has learned my patterns and now rarely makes mistakes, it has learned my typos!
    04-19-13 09:02 AM
    I have more.
    As good as the z10's keyboard is, it is still second to a physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:59 AM
    Ever since BlackBerry Z10 is released to the masses, did you guys noticed that typo error in Crackberry.com is a common occurrences?

It may be because there are more visitors for whom English is a second language.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-19-13 10:26 AM
    While the Z10 keyboard is incredibly fun to use, as time goes by I am finding it's coming up with some quite random corrections that don't quite make sense.
    It almost always corrects I to u for some example.
    Weird.
    04-19-13 10:59 AM
    While the Z10 keyboard is incredibly fun to use, as time goes by I am finding it's coming up with some quite random corrections that don't quite make sense.
    Weird.
    I've noticed that too, I think they did some tinkering with the predictive/corrective part and added a Joker in the mix.
    shampisang likes this.
    04-19-13 11:10 AM
    I've noticed that too, I think they did some tinkering with the predictive/corrective part and added a Joker in the mix.
    I hope that's all it is and it's not that the learning module is just screwed.
    It's actually less reliable for me St the moment than when I got it brand new.
    Weird corrections, weird words, I have to always go back and correct things or it looks v poor and since text selection is so awful without a trackpad this is really difficult.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:28 AM
    There's another one, at is almost always correct to St when typing St speed.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:28 AM
    Bah I give up.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:29 AM
    Most Common and amusing one is wifi being corrected to wife.

Also I think there was a post where leak was typed as lake by a couple users. Not sure if that was just weak English though...
    shampisang likes this.
    04-19-13 12:31 PM
    Most Common and amusing one is wifi being corrected to wife.

Also I think there was a post where leak was typed as lake by a couple users. Not sure if that was just weak English though...
    Ha my one soon stopped the wifi one.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 01:09 PM
    Weird.
    Me too...it learns in some very odd ways
    04-19-13 01:17 PM
    I find that it a a pain to place the cursor to correct a mistake so I often leave it.
    04-19-13 01:36 PM
    I find that it a a pain to place the cursor to correct a mistake so I often leave it.
    Supposed to be better on 10.1.

04-19-13 02:36 PM
    Supposed to be better on 10.1.

That's what I'm told. Don't get me wrong, it's the best out there as is. I just don't love it.
    04-19-13 03:03 PM
    I'm not sure if I have more typos. I do know I can type as fast if not faster.

If you don't like the way it's learned your corrections - or you would like to just start over again with a fresh slate - you can always clear the learned memory and start again from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 05:43 PM
    My wife sucks.. so slow n I'm getting very impatient.. lol

LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    04-20-13 04:19 AM
    Initially my typo error was high but now with the help of keypad its no more.

Loving my keypad.....

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:20 AM
    There's another one, at is almost always correct to St when typing St speed.

Posted via CB10
    In "Languages and input", under "Automated assistance", check if the word isn't in the "Word substitution" database. You can also try and reduce the auto-completion aggressiveness and clear the learned words database.

As for the track pad missing. I would too like to have one but it would either make the phone bigger or take screen real estate. For fine movement, you can tap the edge of the lense to make it move one character in that direction. I find it ok, unless at the edge of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:37 AM
    Ha my one soon stopped the wifi one.

Posted via CB10
    I think you meant to say you mended your ways after your wife read that you intended to upgrade the firmware of your wife during the weekend. She was not amused. :-(

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    04-20-13 09:34 AM
    Maybe there is an increased in errors because more people are switching to z10 FROM a computer... cos that's what happened with me... the keypad is the best on screen though... i has typed out long essays with hardly any errors on this... Just a matter of keeping track of what u are typing if you are choosing auto correct u can always just swipe up the word you meant to type instead of the suggested one... once one get used to that I find that there are not as many errors as it appears to be on other touch screens

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:43 AM
    I also noticed the keyboard correcting I to u in many cases or leaving u all by itself. So I went and added a substitution rule to turn u into I. I don't use the abbreviation "u r" for "you are" so this works for me.

Posted via CB10
    Masahiro likes this.
    04-20-13 10:28 AM
    I also noticed the keyboard correcting I to u in many cases or leaving u all by itself. So I went and added a substitution rule to turn u into I. I don't use the abbreviation "u r" for "you are" so this works for me.

Posted via CB10
    Nice idea, may have to use it, but it's bizarre how it just started out of the blue.
    A word substitution to fix a broken prediction engine?
    Oh dear...
    04-20-13 03:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Great tip. Thanks!
    04-20-13 03:54 PM
    I fridge that my ripping is butter than my Buzzard Berry 9900.

Microwave.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:38 AM
28 12