Hello
    As I wait for my q10 to arrive today I am hoping transferring from my z-q goes well and better then 9800-z.
    Also I am not sure if once I get the q is there any use to me for this z. An old Iphone becomes an iPod.
    I was unable to find suggestions for this sorry if this has been discussed.

Thank you.
    02-24-14 09:19 AM
    Hello
    As I wait for my q10 to arrive today I am hoping transferring from my z-q goes well and better then 9800-z.
    Also I am not sure if once I get the q is there any use to me for this z. An old Iphone becomes an iPod.
    I was unable to find suggestions for this sorry if this has been discussed.

Thank you.
    Just keep both the mobiles for now there may be apps you purchased for z that may not work your q10 .There are many features you may like of z then q10.So keep both mobiles for now
    02-24-14 09:23 AM
    Or just use it as a "wifi" only device around the home..

c
    02-24-14 09:24 AM
    I have a Z10 and Q5 and use both by swapping the SIM card. I find uses for both devices depending upon what I am doing. As Carl above pointed out too, you can use it just using wifi. Why not use it as a gaming/music/video device?
    02-24-14 09:29 AM
    I am willing to sacrifice apps from my z to get a q
    But wifi only device. Well that is interesting the old berry's where unless without a sim. I will have to see this I assume I just don't wipe the device? And buy still transfer the device thru the desktop manager
    02-24-14 09:30 AM
    The Q also has a mobile hotspot feature. If you plans allows, you can use this to run your Z, when wifi is not available.
    02-24-14 09:56 AM
    Have the same combination here. Bought a Q a few months back and use that as the daily driver. Nonetheless I still use the Z around the house for reviewing documents, playing media, and so on.

I can't really choose between the two devices. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I like the clicking sensation of the Q but then again love the ability "type like a nutter and still get decent sentences auto correct" on the Z.

It's nice to be able to switch between the devices. As soon as you're doubting the one device you can pick up the other and vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:21 AM
    Have the same combination here. Bought a Q a few months back and use that as the daily driver. Nonetheless I still use the Z around the house for reviewing documents, playing media, and so on.

I can't really choose between the two devices. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

I like the clicking sensation of the Q but then again love the ability "type like a nutter and still get decent sentences auto correct" on the Z.

It's nice to be able to switch between the devices. As soon as you're doubting the one device you can pick up the other and vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    Same here.. it just depends on the occasion.
    But i just can't sell my Z!!

Helemaal met je eens Jeroen

Posted via my Q10.
    02-24-14 10:49 AM
    I am willing to sacrifice apps from my z to get a q
    But wifi only device. Well that is interesting the old berry's where unless without a sim. I will have to see this I assume I just don't wipe the device? And buy still transfer the device thru the desktop manager
    That's correct - don't wipe the device. Then all of the apps you've installed will still work fine. Your BBID will allow you to have multiple devices and BB World will show you any apps available for your new device. When you use BBM for the first time on you new device it will ask if you want to transfer your BBID over.

As far as using Link to transfer info, it should work fine with the possible exception of apps requiring a Z that won't work on a Q. Personally, I just import my contacts from the SIM card whenever I install a new leak or official OS and reinstall any apps I may need. I've successfully upgraded from a 9900 to the Z10 using Link. The nice thing about BB10 is that emails automatically repopulate on both of my devices so I don't need to back them up. Also, I make sure that all my music, photos, and videos are stored on my SD card so that I don't have to back up and restore them. (Note: if you are going to move your SD card over, be sure that it is unencrypted or your new device won't be able to access it.)
    02-24-14 01:04 PM
    Thanks for great reply.
    When it asks me to transfer bbid doe I say yes? I would assume I do I want bbm I. Mai. Device mostly
    02-24-14 03:41 PM
    Yes, when it asks you to transfer BBM say yes. You can always transfer back like I do whenever I swap between the 2 devices.

Enjoy your new phone!
    02-24-14 10:35 PM
    Yeah. 2 BlackBerry phones for me too. Z10 and Q10. Currently the Q10 is sitting charged up with latest leak on it for when I decide to switch back. love both these phones. I think I like the Q10 more though. I'm not sure anymore. Lol.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    02-24-14 11:44 PM
    Like the PlayBook it's a good for some lines.

Cha Cha

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    02-25-14 11:09 AM