I would like to apologize to you, Alan. Your pp was working fine before you tried to help me solving this issue, so I feel bad right now

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Classic
    Don't worry about it. If this is like this with blackberry it could become a safety issue using it this way. So it is better not using it
    03-14-16 08:00 PM
    Try this:

From the Paypal website go to your Profile (can be done from the BB10 browser).
    Attachment 394211
    Then go to Payments → Pre-approved Payments.
    Attachment 394212
    Then to Pre-approved Payment Plans.
    Attachment 394213
    Then open the approval for BlackBerry Commerce.
    Attachment 394214
    Cancel this BlackBerry Commerce approval.
    Attachment 394215

Now make sure on the BB10 settings and in BBWorld your Paypal Account has been removed, if not remove it now (rebooting your phone cannot hurt).

Then try to add your Paypal account once again.

(-edit- if it works you should send me a lot of money as thanks!)

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    It doesn't show any PayPal commerce under pre-approved payment plan
    03-14-16 08:13 PM
    @Alain_A as I read on another website, developers are complaining about how this problem is impacting negatively their apps and subscriptions sales... I'm not the kind of guy who gonna complain about more payments security. I needed this pp set as I wanted to purchase the privacy and control subscription in BBM. Unfortunately, the story ends with no privacy and control for me, and no money for BlackBerry - maybe a little too much security there...
    @MrGlenn Thanks for your advice, screen shots and time spent on this, but unfortunately it didn't worked... still get the error message... sorry no tip this time, but hey who knows? Maybe next time! Haha!
    I also want to say thank you to the whole crackberry community. You guys rules, really.

Alain_A likes this.
    03-14-16 08:39 PM
    Awh, that's a shame. I've had the same Paypal error last time I set up my Passport with a fresh OS, and I thought I solved it by removing that BlackBerry Commerce pre-approval..
    Wait..! is there any chance you have a PlayBook around you can use?

I suddenly remember having to re-add my Paypal account on the PlayBook to actually get it to work again (I tried the Desktop Website for BlackBerry World, but I could no longer find the Payment options listed there).

So in short: remove Paypal from BlackBerry device, check Paypal website to see if BlackBerry Commerce is removed, then add Paypal back through BlackBerry Playbook.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    03-15-16 02:46 AM
    @MrGlenn I don't own a Playbook.

03-15-16 08:33 AM
    Nor do I
    03-15-16 10:10 AM
    I still say that if it is becoming a problem, one should not used it with BlackBerry 10. To me, it smells security concern.
    Or downgrade with an autoloader that used to work to add paypal
    03-15-16 10:12 AM
    Anybody with the same issue try this (this is new - haven't tested yet) http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000038096

03-15-16 05:35 PM
    Nope, got the same error..."ty again later Error: PS1036Iq.
    What is strange that on PayPal pre approved page it shows me nothing, not even in suspended or cancelled sections, like I never had BlackBerry World account connected.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:10 AM
    Anybody with the same issue try this (this is new - haven't tested yet) http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000038096

Does not work, same error message appears

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 08:47 AM
    Update: installed the fix, added Visa, added PP (clicked add several times for PP to register), removed Visa! Afterwards PP is online!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:15 PM
    I have not been able to buy apps for about a year on Playbook. I registered my PayPal but when I press the "purchase" button nothing happens, except the button changes its color. I checked my Paypal account and I do not have any Preapprovement Payments set up. Should I change to a credit card?
    03-16-16 04:51 PM
    When I swipe down in Blackberry World and click on "Payment Options" nothing happens. Content Settings that is next to it works.
    03-16-16 05:19 PM
    What fix, dlaitmer?
    03-16-16 05:22 PM
    03-17-16 08:37 AM
    Hmmm, that is not possible for Playbook. Here is the response from BB:
    Complimentary Technical Support is provided for the first 90 days after the activation date. This date is determined when the original owner first activates the device and goes through the out of box setup.

To help resolve your technical issue, here are a few options:

1. Please visit our self service options available at www.blackberry.com/gettingstarted . This includes links to our technical knowledge center, manuals, videos and support forums.

2. If you are interested in voice support it is available on by purchasing BlackBerry Incident Based Support. For more detail please visit our website at Program Description - United States. There you will find more detail about the cost and what is included.

3. Based upon the information you provided here some articles that may be of assistance:
    BlackBerry Knowledge Base from this link please access these articles 000035934 , 000023717 , 000026621 and 000024200 -.
    03-17-16 09:39 AM
    The fix worked!!! O joyful feelings!

Posted via CB10 with my  Classic.
    03-17-16 09:52 AM
    I turned it off overnight and the next day I could switch to credit card. Problem solved!
    03-23-16 10:45 AM
    Yeah!!!! I found a solution - it was posted in the comments of something I read on BBWorld (and now I can't darn well remember what! Anyways, I'm just letting you know that I'm not the 'genius' that sorted it out, lol!! )

To get PayPal working in BBWorld do the following:
    1. turn on phone wifi and connect to any wifi
    2. turn off your network (telco)
    3. remove the sim card from the device
    4. go into BBWorld and My World
    5. Pull down settings
    6. select Payment Options and go through the screening process
    7. add PayPal
    You'll then receive a confirmation email from payPal

It will now work ........ YEAH (yes, I'm yelling in delight!!)
    08-31-16 06:55 PM
    I was having this problem for a while too... I just added my debit card as a payment option. Paypal was withdrawing from the same account anyway.
    09-01-16 03:55 AM
    I can't purchase anything through BlackBerry world. No credit cards, no PayPal. I have a case open with BlackBerry support but I'm getting sick of jumping through hoops for another person in a call center in another country to still have no idea what I'm hardly talking about.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 01:07 PM
46 12