For all but the most recent 10.2 leaks, I'd avoided the native Twitter app. like The Plague. It's not great anyway, but neither are the alternatives, IMO.

However, I decided to give it another go, and, since 10.2, it does seem less glitchy and reasonable to use. And, it's nice to have hub notifications which isn't offered by 3rd party Twitter apps.

However, one constant issue I encounter is that, when ever I reboot my Z10, after 5 mins or so, I get 150-200 Twitter notifications in the hub. They usually date back to May 2013 or so. They are not specific - followers, mentions etc. I have marked all as read, and delete them every time they appear.

I am a reasonably heavy mobile user, and carry a couple of spare batteries about with me, so I regularly have to swap, which means a reboot, and I know that every time I do that i will need 10 minutes again to clear the old messages from the hub.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    08-23-13 07:26 AM
    I don't get any Twitter notifications but I don't use Twitter much and I'm sure no one ever tags me (or whatever they call it). Isn't Blaq supposed to be a great Twitter client? I think they have in-Hub notifications.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:32 AM
    I don't get any Twitter notifications but I don't use Twitter much and I'm sure no one ever tags me (or whatever they call it). Isn't Blaq supposed to be a great Twitter client? I think they have in-Hub notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Nah, don't like Blaq. Found it very 'laggy', and no hub notifications.
    08-23-13 07:43 AM
    I find hub Twitter notifications to be unreliable. Sometimes they'll show up sometimes not. That being said, I think I read somewhere that in order to prevent old messages from coming back, delete all old messages except the most recent one. Give it a go and let us know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:29 AM
    Yeah, I read that also. I've given up with it again. Too much like a pain. Rather just use the mobile app. and home screen it.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:32 AM
    Twitter notifications have started to reappear for the first time in several months! It had stopped completely but now it's back? Any ideas? The newest /oldest thing no longer works. Help!
    08-23-13 08:44 PM
    I haven't experienced that issue on 10.2.0.1371 yet (although I've only done five or six reboots). I've had this issue on every previous OS but not to the same extreme. I get all my direct messages on an OS install and then only one DM from BlackBerry on each reboot. This time I only got the old DM's after the initial load/resetting the twitter account, nothing on the reboots. Hoping it stays that way.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:20 AM