Do all BB10 device have the annoying animation?

You know...
    Say you are on icon page 3 and tap the Remember app.
    First the icon page slides over to expose the Home page.
    Then the Home page shrinks into itself to the center of the screen.
    Then finally the app is started.

Is there no way to remove these useless visuals and just start the app?
    01-03-15 09:23 AM
    The majority of users enjoy these animations. It's all part of the "fluent experience ". There is no way to remove them. IMO they really improve the feel of the OS compared to if nothing slid, shrank, expanded, or faded in or out. It would be too stagnant without all that

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 09:38 AM
    I can't speak for all devices, but I would imagine they would all do it. No way that I am aware of to turn it off. Anyway, it provides an important visual cue to what the OS is doing. First moving to the active frame screen to show you that the app is being freshly started and where the frame is. Apart from anything else, it may take a few moments for the OS to initialise the app, so you can at least see something happening.

Hard to believe it bothers you that much
    01-03-15 09:40 AM

Hard to believe it bothers you that much
    It only bothers me due to time wasted. I am all about efficiency. The Classic chugs enough in areas.
    01-03-15 10:16 AM
    I agree that it's a distraction but it serves the purpose of masking load time.

Coincidentally, I was thinking about this just yesterday and I think it would be better to animate the focus app coming forward first as the homepage slides in the background.

There are instances, however, where things are animated as an extra step without anything happening in the background or something that could work in the background stalling the UI.

E.g still can't swipe a phone call away, turning off mobile network shows a primitive dialog on a black screen until it's finished...
    01-03-15 12:28 PM
    E.g still can't swipe a phone call away, turning off mobile network shows a primitive dialog on a black screen until it's finished...
    Not sure what you mean by swiping call away, but with regards to turning off the network: dangerous actions need special consideration. BlackBerry decided to delay completion of the action with an information dialog box instead of asking the user to confirm the action. I think that's perfectly reasonable. Nobody wants to accidentally switch their radio off only to miss important calls.
    01-03-15 02:01 PM
    It bothers me that much... I don't need to know how the system does it. I just want to see it done. When I want to make a phone call (which is one of the main functions of a phone) it becomes a bit annoying... On the 9900 if you tap the phone button it was instantly on without any fancy animations. Guess I'm too old fashioned for these new OSs...
    08-09-16 06:02 AM
    I see it as a fooling distraction.
    When I press an icon it slides to the right and as soon as it does I wonder "hmm did I press it or did I accidentally slide it?" it always gets me.
    Don't get me wrong, I love animations but this one is really fooling me.
    08-09-16 09:12 AM
    It's only a split second, come on. Can't believe your that busy!!!!!!

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    08-09-16 01:14 PM
    BB10 Apps take a while to load, old Qt 4.8 stuff isn't optimised very well

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 01:28 PM
    Wow, I have never even given it a thought. It works much more quickly than the rotary phone I had when I was a kid. I think you obsess a bit too much.
    Last edited by PHughes; 08-12-16 at 06:05 PM.
    08-12-16 12:59 PM
    It only bothers me due to time wasted. I am all about efficiency. The Classic chugs enough in areas.
    It will still take time to open the apps regardless of whether there is an animation.

The benefit with the animations is that it lets the user know the phone has understood the input and is processing the request, rather than having nothing with a lag.

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    08-12-16 01:43 PM
    Agreed. They should allow you to turn this non-sense off. When you are trying to get something done fast, it adds up. Not to mention the split second delay could be the difference between life and death. Remember, these are MOBILE devices, and if you are detracted for even a 1/10th of a second, you could get clobbered by a car, etc.. None the less, if it is something that compromises, or does not add to functionality, you should have the option to disable.
    01-12-17 09:11 AM

You know...

I'm with you, bud!
    Too many people here are whining at your observation. But when you want a fast and snappy OS, then it would be nice to see the phone snap to it!

I loved my Bold for that.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 10:57 AM

You know...

I love this post, it is EXACTLY what was right about BBOS before it hit version 6/7.

If you survey people across all platforms, I'm sure most would say they just want an immediate response.

You may have to make them use it for a week first to see the difference for themselves, but they would definitely prefer it I'm sure.
    01-12-17 05:08 PM
    I do prefer immediate responses over animations most of the time but I don't mind the BB10 animations as much, they're not really affecting my work flow so I can live with them.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    01-12-17 11:54 PM
    Android has been able to turn off for many years now.
    01-14-17 07:16 AM