By "devices" I mean our BlackBerrys.
    And Please, if you don't absolutely, positively know the answer to my question, please don't venture a guess. It's just a waste of time.

Background for this question:
    Yesterday I noticed that my Q10 was no longer syncing my contacts with my computer.
    I tried uninstalling BB Link and reinstalling a new downloaded Link.
    But that didn't work, other than to create several sets of my various calendar categories which in turn created duplicates in the main calendar screen. And that is really confusing, as un-checking the duplicate calendars in the "Manage" settings, hides some actual calendar dates and keeps others for the same category that are checked in the first set (I hope that makes sense).
    I've had problems with the syncing and duplicates in the past and still had a live ticket # with BlackBerry support.
    When I contacted them and spoke with a Tier 1 rep and then after being put on hold off and on for an hour and a half, the Tier 1 support rep told me that BlackBerry devices will only sync via the cloud now.
    I know for a fact that that's true for the iPhone syncing, but only on the latest OS 10.9 aka Mavericks and that takes place via iTunes.
    I also know that BlackBerry Link won't work on anything but Mavericks now, but my BlackBerry only syncs via BB Link and BB Link doesn't connect my phone to the computer unless I attach the usb cable.
    The operating phrase here is "connect my phone to the computer" where we can drag files over to the phone to sync them as well as sync our calendar and contacts.
    02-14-14 11:00 PM
    System requirements: BlackBerry Link for Mac OS - User Guide - BlackBerry Link for Mac OS - 1.2

KB35311-BlackBerry Desktop Software and Mac OS X Mavericks

Syncing content between your device and your computer - User Guide - BlackBerry Link for Mac OS - 1.2

There appears to be a contradiction in between the 1st (Mac OS 10.7 or later) and 2nd (BlackBerry Link is supported for use with Mac OS X Mavericks v10.9 and later.) above links in regard to what OS version is supported.
    Supa_Fly1, Carjackd and Velocitymj like this.
    02-15-14 12:25 AM
    I pode a question what are you syncing yo? OSX apps or office 2011?

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-15-14 12:40 AM
    Well, it turns out that both the Tier 1 BB tech support and his supervisor were completely wrong.
    When I originally questioned them about this I asked to speak with a Tier 2 support rep.
    I was told that Tier 2 customer phone support is no longer available and the tech's supervisor confirmed this.
    Today I contacted Apple regarding only being able to sync via iCloud. Apple informed me that this is completely false.
    iCloud syncing is accomplished via iTunes and is only for Apple products.
    I then phoned BB support to speak with a supervisor about being given completely false information and the whole bad experience that I had.
    They immediately put me through to a BB Tier 2 support tech, who informed me that everything I was told was not true, including Tier 2 phone support no longer being available to customers.
    I wouldn't have created this thread if BB tech support hadn't degraded to being handled by people with only the most basic of knowledge about BB OS 10.
    Is it true that Mac users can now only sync their devices via the Cloud???-screen-shot-2014-02-15-12.01.02-pm.jpg
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-20-14 at 10:13 PM.
    02-15-14 10:37 PM