Hello everyone. I have a blackberry Q5 and I used it for a couple of months before putting in a 32gb SD card. Now I'm trying to run a software update but it says I don't have enough storage space even though there's at least 30gb free on my SD card? On device memory it says I'm using 7.6gb out of 8, with 7gb in "other data" alone! I really want to transfer this data and make sure all new data goes to the SD card from here on out. How do I do that? I have already deleted a ton of apps, leaving only Facebook, Youtube, two games, and all the apps that you can't delete.
    03-12-14 12:49 PM
    Also, my browser has stopped working. Normally it would show a box or two of recent websites I had visited, now it just shows a black screen with the "Type search or address" box below. When I do type in an address, it doesn't load anything.
    03-12-14 12:58 PM
    Welcome! Hope we can help. First go into the camera app and then change the setting to save on media card. Media and files are pretty much the only things you can store on the media card so I would start there.

Transferring data from device memory to an SD card?-img_20140312_140928.png

Then I would proceed to move as much "stuff" ie. personal files, downloaded files and media from the device to the SD using the file manager.

Transferring data from device memory to an SD card?-img_20140312_140938.png

Hope it's helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 01:15 PM
    Thanks, that helps a bit. I was able to transfer my photos to the media card at least.
    Now I've realized my blackberry link isn't working properly either! It just lists my phone as "disconnected" and I've tried a million and one things already to fix it. I think I'm just going to have to reset my phone to factory settings. :/
    03-12-14 01:35 PM
    Thanks, that helps a bit. I was able to transfer my photos to the media card at least.
    Now I've realized my blackberry link isn't working properly either! It just lists my phone as "disconnected" and I've tried a million and one things already to fix it. I think I'm just going to have to reset my phone to factory settings. :/
    If you haven't done a reset yet try holding down the power button until you see the red light flash and reboot screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 01:47 PM
    That was one of the first things I did. Multiple times.
    03-12-14 01:51 PM
    It is incredible there is no function to move apps from device to sd...

I saw lots of features comming to 10.3, this one to move apps to sd should be the first one to do!

Andy

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 11:21 PM
    If you haven't done a reset yet try holding down the power button until you see the red light flash and reboot screen.

Posted via CB10
    Do not hold down the power button on a Z10 to reset unless it is a STL100-1...use the vol up/vol dn simultaneous push.

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    05-26-14 11:41 PM
    It is incredible there is no function to move apps from device to sd...

I saw lots of features comming to 10.3, this one to move apps to sd should be the first one to do!

Andy

Posted via CB10
    Are you kidding me? Use File Manager! It's a built in app!...it incredible how people complain about missing things when they have been there the whole time. Read the Help app. It's the yellow colored icon that says "Help"

Edit: Sorry, my bad...thought you said files...apps don't go onto sd cards because it is an inefficient way to run a phone...it's a bottleneck...

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    05-26-14 11:45 PM
    How do I get to File Manager? I need to transfer files and pics from device memory to SD card to free up space for updating the software. Please help urgently. TIA
    Last edited by raj1402; 03-24-15 at 02:30 AM.
    03-24-15 02:11 AM
    There's an icon. Looks like a folder.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 06:02 AM
    Even if you free the space you might still get the message. This is a known bug with the 10.3.1 update and the Q5. Not sure if it's fixed in the latest OS. If you still run into issues you can try updating through BlackBerry Link. You might have to reinstall Link. Make sure your PC is connected to the Internet. Sometimes the phone drivers don't install properly, in that case you can power off the phone, then power it back on while it's connected to the PC and just wait for the drivers to install while the phone boots up. Feel free to report back with pics.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 10:31 AM
    Thanks. Then it's surely a bug as I've enough space available on the disk for this download. Moreover, my Blackberry Link is also not working. Keep getting this msg "Blackberry Link has stopped working". Reloaded twice.. Looks like it's time to look beyond BB..
    03-26-15 06:40 AM