So when I switched from my Q10 to the Passport somehow the BBM chat history was transferred however when I did a switch from the Passport to another Passport the chat history didn't include it. Is there a technique with this?

Do I login to my BBM with the new device before doing a device transfer?
    06-28-16 11:26 AM
    BBM version has to be the same on each device. That being said I have had times when it worked flawlessly and others where I have tried everything and it never transferred..

Also, it seems to work best if OS versions are the same.

You can always try again with a selective backup and restore the BBM data to the new device.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 11:30 AM
    Well thats the thing from Q10 to Passport it worked well but Passport1 to Passport2 didn't and I got another Passport SE. So Passport 2 to Passport SE hasn't transferred.

I'm trying to save the chat history but it seems it saves on the device. Wanted it to the SD.
    06-28-16 11:42 AM
    May have to make sure the "save chat history" option is on and backup chats in the app before the transfer...

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 07:30 PM
    May have to make sure the "save chat history" option is on and backup chats in the app before the transfer...

Posted via CB10
    I actually tried that but nothing
    06-29-16 09:51 AM
    Achso...is there such plus for bbm? I have never come across this and never even thought of having this facility. I have switched many times between Q10, PP and Priv. Other than contacts, Picture and status,stickers and channels, nothing else transferred ! Never!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 03:21 PM
    I just said from my Leap back to my Z10 and the BBM content moved over.

Both had the same OS version and BBM version. I used the "switch device" option in BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 08:06 PM
    I just said from my Leap back to my Z10 and the BBM content moved over.

Both had the same OS version and BBM version. I used the "switch device" option in BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    Did you do anything different? Such as logging to your new device before the switch or something like that?
    07-11-16 06:31 AM