Is there an app or workaround to transfer all my SMS texts from an android phone to Z10?

I have used "SMS backup/restore" app to do a transfer between droids
    but I cant find anything similar in BB world
    02-25-13 01:25 PM
    I didn't even know this was still a thing. Kinda like how you USE to be able to cancel a text when you realize its going to the wrong person. But you can't do that. Somethings just go the way of the dodo.
    02-25-13 02:20 PM
    Don't think you were ever able to cancel the text once it's been sent.
    It takes a second before its delivered.
    When it's gone it's gone. Next you call a divorce lawyer
    02-25-13 05:56 PM
    come on
    nobody ever transferred text messages between phones?
    02-28-13 04:47 AM
    a vast majority of users here came from previous BB's. And like the old days and going between android and iphone, you don't get the ability to move messages over like txt and MMS.
    02-28-13 05:38 AM
    Its posssible to transfer SMS messages between iphone and droid and vice versa
    02-28-13 08:59 AM
    yes, but only through 3rd party apps... and I have heard and seen nightmares about some of the apps out there that do this.
    02-28-13 09:17 AM
    I am looking for any way to do it.
    I did not expect PC based BB Link or Z10 built-in solution

I can export to number of formats, I just need to find the way import them to my Z10
    02-28-13 11:43 AM
    I may want to do this as well, soon. Exporting/importing SMS messages between phone formats (Android, Blackberry, etc...) always seems problematic.

I think if we were to have success doing this, one would have to export the SMS messages to .csv format, and then try to find a method of importing the .csv format info. I know there were tools in the past, for "extracting the SMS info from Blackberry, to .CSV, from a Blackberry backup, for importing to Android, so perhaps there is a way to do it, in reverse?

I guess another alternative would be to try and export them to Outlook notes or something, and having them synced to Blackberry as a non-SMS format.

Perhaps others will chime in with better ideas.
    stevovr likes this.
    02-28-13 12:00 PM
    Or perhaps the z10 has some method (via a Blackberry tool?), of importing the SMS messages, if they were at least saved to a SIM card itself? Probably not.
    02-28-13 12:10 PM
    Are we allowed to post random links here?
    The bit of research I did, all seems to point to some 3rd party tool:
    MD's Technical Sharing: Transferring SMS messages from Windows Mobile to Blackberry devices

Android to BB not specifically mentioned, but perhaps it would handle some of the same mechanisms for doing this?

Although, that was an older version of Blackberry, so maybe not even applicable to the Z10 (or newer Blackberries).?
    02-28-13 12:27 PM
    Have you made it?
    BB Link doesn't seem to allow import
    03-03-13 05:26 PM
    The best solution I've worked out is to expoert SMS messages to txf file and upload it to dropbox

PITA but its better than no access to them
    03-10-13 11:57 AM
    I bet it would be faster to type out all your sms messages in a notepad manually and email it to yourself than figure this one out lol

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 05:57 PM
    A few years worth of messages?

Reminds me of manually transferring 10k messages from POP3 email box to IMAP a couple years back.
    I hoped technology dark ages would never happen again.
    03-10-13 06:10 PM
    BlackBerry protect backs up SMS messages, no?

Oh wait, they screwed that up too for BB10 so you can't download BBP backups.
    03-10-13 08:25 PM
    Sideloading a backup and restore android app will work?
    03-19-13 03:15 AM
    I just downloaded this bb10 app, and I transfered 4000 sms from my old android phone
    https://epicwindmill.com/sms-backup/
    minigrrl likes this.
    05-02-13 10:13 AM
    Is there an app or workaround to transfer all my SMS texts from an android phone to Z10?

I have used "SMS backup/restore" app to do a transfer between droids
    but I cant find anything similar in BB world
    A similar app called SMS Backup & Restore is available both on Android and on BB10. I just used it today to transfer about 2600 text messages from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a BlackBerry Z10. It worked great.

See my post below for more details.
    Last edited by jhanks64; 09-26-13 at 01:23 PM.
    09-20-13 10:15 PM
    Hi jhanks64.

Can you profide a quick tutorial? I use the SMS Backup and Restore to back up all my SMSs from my Xt925(Razr HD) and then I could not find the same app anywhere for BB10. I am guessing you use the same app sideloaded. So I did that and it does work on my q10 and it says restoring and everything but when it is done I do not see any of my sms.

I am on latest 10.1 os. Did you do anything differently and if so can you say

thanks
    09-24-13 07:44 PM
    No, android apps can't restore sms on bb10, there is no application programming interface for that

only native apps can do that
    i tried in many ways to do with a sideload, eventually i paid $2 and used sms backup and restore by epic windmil
    09-25-13 02:22 AM
    No, android apps can't restore sms on bb10, there is no application programming interface for that

only native apps can do that
    i tried in many ways to do with a sideload, eventually i paid $2 and used sms backup and restore by epic windmil
    Ok that is what I thought... Although with the side loaded app of SMS Backup and Restore it does put all those contacts somehwere because when I run the app again it scans and sees them.

Now what I want to know is from jhanks64 on how he did it and he says that program is available for bb10. I can't find it anywhere. Not that I don't want to pay 2 dollars I just don't like giving credit card to app stores.

I guess it is PM time
    09-25-13 12:25 PM
    On Android, I downloaded SMS Backup & Restore by Ritesh Sahu. It's free
    I ran it and saved the SMS backup onto the SD Card

Take the SD card out of the Android phone and put in in your BB10 phone

Go into BlackBerry World and buy the app from Epic Windmill
    BlackBerry World - SMS Backup

After purchase and installation, run the App and Do a Backup of your current SMS if desired, I think they will be lost otherwise.
    Then do a Restore and find the file you saved on the SD card.
    vipernig likes this.
    09-25-13 01:00 PM
    Thanks for clarifying jhanks. Your previous post was a bit confusing. Maybe you can edit it. Because it says that "The same app called SMS Backup & Restore by Ritesh Sahu is available BOTH on Android and on BB10"

Oh well so there is no way around it. It has to be a paying app... ugh...
    09-25-13 01:51 PM
    Oh, okay, now I understand your confusion. I just read other forum posts and thought the app was the same and passed on the info based upon that belief.
    09-26-13 01:24 AM