I'm being moved to an iPOS. Fortunately, that means no more BB Balance, which has frustrated me from the start. I hate that Balance completely separates contacts so that if I add someone solely by a cell number on my phone, it doesn't get added to Exchange. You know, Balance was kind of supposed to help exchange users, right?

So, in this whole transfer - how do I ensure I get all of the contacts from both the Business side and the personal side?
    04-08-14 11:30 AM
    That would be up to your IT admin if you are able to do this and what policies are in place. It may not be allowed for work data to be transitioned off. If you are activating your iPhone as a work device, your Exchange information should transition though without issue.
    04-08-14 01:49 PM
    I always find it funny what BB considers to be "work" and "personal" data. Anything contact-wise that is added on the phone only, rather than via exchange or to a current exchange contact, is considered "personal data". All of my LinkedIn contacts are considered "personal data".

The whole system, while good in conception, is brain-damaged. I text colleagues and clients all the time, many of whom I have only added a cell number or e-mail address for on my phone. How is that "personal data"?

Where is that data store? How do I recover that and back it up somewhere? I'm talking about 80 or so contacts here. This is not an insignificant amount of non-personal "personal data".
    04-08-14 03:32 PM