CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Transfer Bold 9700 to Z10

My wife and I had Bold 9700s held together with duct tape waiting for 10. Just got a pair of Z10s and are happy with the purchase. I set up Blackberry Link on the desktop and had different results transferring from the Bold to the Z. On mine, the text messages that were still on the old device show up on the Z, but not the calendar or the contacts. On hers, nearly everything transferred except for her calendar. I know the info is on the Z somewhere. When I installed the password keeper and imported the old passwords, they were all sitting in the Z somewhere, waiting to be brought across. But I'm buggered if I can find out where the contacts and calendars are hiding.

I had lots of contacts in the old phone, and don't look forward to entering them all manually.

Has anyone else jumped from 9700 to Z10? How did the data transfer go?
    CrackBerry User

use bluetooth to transfer contacts
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't understand why everyone is having a problem with BB Link?
    Personal contacts, files & media - US
    Is Link having an issued?
    It says clearly that ALL your data WILL be transferred over to the new Z10 device.
    Why do you have to bluetooth your contacts over?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem. I used BBlink and it told me it was successful in transferring all my contacts, but it doesn't seem to be in my address book. Or i can't seem to find it.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Remember the old fashioned way of getting contacts on to your new device ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ya...I should have started with that one...the amount of time i wasted trying to find an easy way...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

LOL! I'm sorry. I hate how hindsight is 20/20
    CrackBerry User

When I transferred from Torch to Z10 my Password Keeper stuff vanished but when I downloaded the new Password Keeper from Blackberry World it picked it all up. So it had moved, just needed the new version to attach to. Annoyingly I mistyped my password, luckily discovered what I had typed but now seem unable to find a way of altering it back - any ideas?

Global Posts
    30,890 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Moved to BB10 OS
    CrackBerry Newbie

did u ever get it to work? I'm getting pissed off
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by frankbonaiuto View Post
    use bluetooth to transfer contacts
    Yes, try use bluetooth to transfer contacts.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Blue tooth only transfers one contact. I had two contact lists on my 9700. I had to remove one list and then it works

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had the guy at Koodo do it for me with their system and it worked great.
    Maybe your store could help you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Can you transfer contacts from the Z10 to the 9700 or another BBOS device using bluetooth? If so please advise how...thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

my way of transferring contacts from 9780 to Z10 with multiple contact list..in my case, accidentally I have 3 contact list

1. create new outlook profile (eg. Z10) on my PC..i make it as default profile in windows control panel
    2. export/sync #1 contact list to CSV via blackberry desktop software to outlook profile..save it somewhere on PC..name it as z10-1.csv
    3. delete all contacts on outlook address book
    4. change default contact list from #1 to #2 from my 9780
    5. export/sync #2 contact list to CSV via blackberry desktop software to outlook profile..save it somewhere on PC..name it as z10-2.csv
    6. delete all contacts on outlook address book
    7. change default contact list from #2 to #3 from my 9780
    8. export/sync #3 contact list to CSV via blackberry desktop software to outlook profile..save it somewhere on PC..name it as z10-3.csv
    9. import all 3 csv's to google contact..then i used bb10 carddav to sync my contacts from google/gmail

maybe there are simpler way to do this..but at least it solved my contact issue transferring contact from 9780 to Z10
    CrackBerry User

Hello I recently got a new Z10 coming from a former Bold 9700 , I tried transfering my contacts with BlackBerry Link but nothing happend, I tried to do it with Bluetooth I only have one contact in my Address Book but on my Bold 9700 it says that all 167 contacts transferred. How I transfer all contacts ( Those are just Phone number contacts for the rest when I connect my Z10 to my differrent Facebook and Hotmail accounts he loads them just fine, but I need to have all the Phone numbers)

I tried to transfer some of the contacts I had on a Samsung Chat via Bluetooth and that worked fine, now I don't have all my contacts on it...
    Please could someone help me?

EDIT : I solved the problem with a simple application IntouchApp which is available for both the Blackberry Bold 9700 OS 6 device and the new Z10 OS 10. It's simple and free, syncs really fast your contact list and the nit's available with every device you can download the app from !
    Thank you CB !! I llove this solution!

Quote Originally Posted by aber_18 View Post
    Blue tooth only transfers one contact. I had two contact lists on my 9700. I had to remove one list and then it works

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Nonocrack; 04-13-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Problem solved
    CrackBerry User

I transferred from the 9700 and it was super easy actually. I simply followed the instructions of BlackBerry Link... you need to have the old BlackBerry software on your computer (forgot what it's called), open Link and connect your 9700 with your computer. And then simply follow the instructions. I think there is an option called "Switch from older Model" or something like that. Anyway, I also found some info about this on the BlackBerry website. good luck!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default dsegaloff

Bluetooth will not accept my contacts from my 9700
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pulmesic View Post
    I transferred from the 9700 and it was super easy actually. I simply followed the instructions of BlackBerry Link... you need to have the old BlackBerry software on your computer (forgot what it's called), open Link and connect your 9700 with your computer. And then simply follow the instructions. I think there is an option called "Switch from older Model" or something like that. Anyway, I also found some info about this on the BlackBerry website. good luck!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks will try. Have to download old software first.