Hi !

Everything is in the title: what are for you the 3 biggest issues BlackBerry should fix in priority in the future versions of BB10?

For me:
    1 - Contacts app: synchronizing and merging contacts is an absolute nightmare... I've try several times and just gave up when I figured that I had to do it again from the beginning. My contacts list is just a mess...
    2 - BB Maps: It's a pity that BlackBerry doesn't make any effort for improving this app... I'm always checking for an update but it never comes.
    3 - The availability of nice native Google apps (which will probably never come...). This is linked to my second point as if we had a nice BB maps app, I won't probably use this Google map apk which doesn't run fully and smoothly...

And you? What are the 3 things for which you would like to see improvements in priority ?

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    soul-kidd and Alvin Loh like this.
    06-09-14 03:54 PM
    1) Double contacts
    2) False Timestamp in SD-card-saved Pics
    3) A better map App
    4) Q10: Double-typing issue... Bad! My bold does it not!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Last edited by anischab; 06-10-14 at 08:38 AM.
    06-09-14 03:59 PM
    1: Contacts app is a mess!
    2: Need a good Google services alternative or something.
    3: I don't think I have a third problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 04:09 PM
    Contacts app could use a face-lift.
    BB Maps works great for me, however, my area in the States may be more supported and developed. Hopefully, your issues will be addressed in 10.3.

1. I guess contacts app
    2. More control with Remember and customization such as what folders show up in active frame for example
    3. Text message lock up that I experience ever so often.

There are others, but I can't think of them right now.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 04:12 PM
    1. contacts app
    2. bb maps, it would be nice to have a good maps app out of the box, but bemaps pro is a nice replacement really
    3. consistency between blackberry made apps. facebook, google talk and all the other bb developed apps should have quick reply, especially now that iphone is getting it too
    06-09-14 04:17 PM
    90 day sync limit on Google calendar

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    06-09-14 05:01 PM
    1) Contact App...
    it is a basic feature of phone, should be robust, they should look into to properly fix it, it has been happening with me since 10.1 . I have experience issues with duplicate contact everywhere, losing contact, need to build contact from scratch, my 9700 never needs to do this, it is not fun to deal with.

2) Map is not perfect in different region, they should consider properly fix the google services for bb10, people jump to buy BB10 phone they expect a working map program, but then they are stuck, and they need to read forum to find out to install x.x version of google map apk to get working, it is bit too much for those new comers. Maybe consider preload snap or apk managers. Especially if they aim for those region like Indonesia, Indian for Z3, they better improve the support these basic feature for normal users. So they can open the phone and use it as it shows.

I can't think of a third, overall bb10 is a nice OS, but there is always room for improvement, since the competition is so intense..
    Alvin Loh and DrHamedz like this.
    06-09-14 05:14 PM
    If I wanted Google, I would get an Android device. The whole reason I have a Blackberry instead of an Android is because I cannot stand the lack of privacy with Google. Seriously, the lack of Google apps is a plus, not a negative.

Posted via CB10
    will308, gokulesh and muellerto like this.
    06-09-14 05:14 PM
    1. Lack of push notifications (native or android)

2. Faster camera auto focus and general handling.

3. The contacts app could be more powerful in terms of flexibility, capability and features
    (eh. Upload local contacts to Gmail etc, actual merging rather than "linking", etc)

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:28 PM
    1. SD Card corruption issues (I've been having them since early 10.2 builds).
    2. Reminders need a remix. They are too jarring and completely override whatever you're doing. I want to see a more subtle option with an easier "go away until later" option that doesn't involve any brainpower (eg - swipe the reminder way, or a snooze all option with iconography). Maybe they could use the notification bar at the top of the screen for reminders, with a little "zZz" for snooze, and a trash for dismiss, rather than the current mid-screen notification?
    3. "All singing, all dancing" option for multitasking. Even if just for show. When I minimize a browser window with youtube running, I would love to continue to see the video playing in the window - even if that function times out after 1 minute. Would be fantastic for showing off the device.

Bonus request:

Multiple browser windows. I want youtube in one, and google in another - two browser windows open - not just tabs. Please!
    06-09-14 06:55 PM
    1. SD Card corruption issues (I've been having them since early 10.2 builds).
    2. Reminders need a remix. They are too jarring and completely override whatever you're doing. I want to see a more subtle option with an easier "go away until later" option that doesn't involve any brainpower (eg - swipe the reminder way, or a snooze all option with iconography). Maybe they could use the notification bar at the top of the screen for reminders, with a little "zZz" for snooze, and a trash for dismiss, rather than the current mid-screen notification?
    3. "All singing, all dancing" option for multitasking. Even if just for show. When I minimize a browser window with youtube running, I would love to continue to see the video playing in the window - even if that function times out after 1 minute. Would be fantastic for showing off the device.

Bonus request:

Multiple browser windows. I want youtube in one, and google in another - two browser windows open - not just tabs. Please!
    Your bonus request can be done using the new Web Splitter Browser.
    It's in BlackBerry World.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-09-14 07:05 PM
    My top three issues are:

1. Contacts
    2. Contacts
    3. Contacts!!!!!!
    06-09-14 07:46 PM
    1. Contacts. Seriously can I have the BBOS contacts? It's much simpler.
    2. BBM separated history. You know, like the old days, one contacts one chat history. And I can set where to save it. And it's tagged with the date. It's so useful for me. Now if I want to clear one person chats I have to clear everyone chats. Quite annoying for me.
    3. Maps. Something like Navfree would be nice. Off line maps. I need those! Because in indonesia the coverage isn't so good so my maps app always laggy because the network... Offline maps will work.

Sorry for bad english.

Posted via SQR100-2.
    06-09-14 09:53 PM
    1. Contacts App
    At first, I thought it was a pretty cool concept that it automatically syncs contacts from your social media, but then it turned out to be one big nightmare. They're not even linked properly, and it'd take me hours to do it myself. Not to mention the occasional duplication of contacts.

2. Hub Tab Duplication
    This doesn't happen to everyone, but it has happened to me and a lot of other people apparently.
    Download an app, it creates a tab in the Hub. Delete it, it stays there. Most of us try to fix this by redownloading the app, and deleting it again, only to find out there will be another duplicate left behind. Again, this doesn't happen to everyone, but if you're chosen to have this bug, it's a terrible terrible thing.

3. Browser Tabs Refreshing
    This is when browser tabs refresh for some reason when you just switch back to a tab. Simple, but annoying when you're working and you're in a hurry.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    afhstingray likes this.
    06-09-14 10:21 PM
    Glad to see that contacts and maps are in the top 2.
    Pretty impressive, especially when you think that these are very basic features...
    Go BlackBerry !!! A lite effort with very simple things and this OS will be perfect !

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    06-09-14 10:39 PM
    1. Contacts app (no surprise).

2. 90 day Gmail sync limit.

3. Better camera.

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.2174
    06-09-14 10:47 PM
    1. Contacts is a mess
    2. Maps is poor: need better presentation of info when not in navigation mode, walking and cycling routes, more capable POI, bus routes.
    3. Camera software, FIX this! For crying out loud, this should be the easiest thing to resolve.
    4. Bug cleaning to get rid of niggling issues

Not saying anything about better Android app support as that I know is coming. I prefer BlackBerry apps but if missing then Android is acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 11:09 PM
    How about wifi that works all the time.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    06-09-14 11:25 PM
    I actually like the maps app. It was that which caused me to give away my old GPS

Contacts/sync for sure. Epic failure in my opinion.

More email control such as being able to auto Cc every outgoing email and Control over read receipts inbound and outbound.

Bluetooth signal is very week. On legacy devices it could be 30 feet away. Now I can't even talk on blue tooth with my phone in my pocket.

Voice controls are horrible. My son's IPhone puts it to shame.

BlackBerry has gotten around to doing some good work after what I thought was a terribly incomplete OS at launch. I hope they continue to improve and eventually get BlackBerry 10 to where I thought it should have been at launch.

Harsh words, I know but it's how I feel. 3 out of 4 of us in this house are still standing by BlackBerry. (Z10's). Next upgrade in a month so we'll see. Wife talking about Droid and other son undecided.

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    06-09-14 11:35 PM
    1) I want a direct toggle for vibrate only mode from the pulldown menu, like the rotation lock
    2) likewise for USB mass storage. The
    way its currently set up I constantly worry that I'll inadvertantly press "erase card" or "format card".
    3) I forgot
    06-10-14 12:22 AM
    1. Apps that cannot be delted (help, guide, phone icon, etc)

2. Email letter color is automatically light blue with no option of changing the default letter color.

3. If I type "Text _____" the cursor goes to the contact name for adding additional text recipient instead of typing the actual message.

* Also, what is this double contact thing that everyone is talking about? I do not use any social media, but my contacts app work perfectly. It also syncs with my Microsoft Outlook contact list as well.
    06-10-14 12:24 AM
    #1 Contacts!!!!
    Here is my idea:
    * expect that the BB10 contact will be one single file that contains the most complete data possible, not a group of linked contacts
    * the linking system has got to go.
    * we need screens to control both 1) Contact Sets such as BB10, LinkedIn, Yahoo, or PC and �2) a screen to help with field level updates. �The field level updates control how contact data flows into and out of a particular contact. ��3). A screen to merge and dedup existing.
    * assume we want BB10 contacts to be considered the source of truth and that all field level updates will flow into or out of the BB10 contact
    * however, will need feeds from other sources that are either 1 or 2 way sync for updates. For example, your Gmail account is 2 way syncing. You can add, delete, or modify contacts in both sets. However, your linkedin contacts will be 1 way syncing ( you cannot modify your linkedin friends' information, only your own)�
    * changes will propagate out and in based on a hierarchy, or user defined
    * merge is used for 2 way contact sets such as Google, however link available but only to allow contact updates to flow through from a unidirectional contact set such as LinkedIn�
    * good backup and restore for contacts so can back up to PC withou using workaround such as creating an Outlook account

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 12:39 AM
    1. Bluetooth music controls (spotify)
    2. Possibility to turn off stock music Player to avoid doubleplay when streaming music via bluetooth
    3. Contact app

Sent from my Q10\ 4G LTE in PLAY PL
    06-10-14 12:49 AM
    3) When long-pressing a contact and choosing text message from the popup menu, the immediate default active field is the address field. As a result I often start writing the text in the address field, then have to erase it, and start again. It doesnt maks sense, as I have already specified the addressee. In contrast, when initiating a message by composing, the address field should be live first, which it is.
    unbreakablej likes this.
    06-10-14 01:19 AM
    1) text typing lags
    2) battery calibration
    3) BlackBerry Maps

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 01:24 AM
68 123