Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56
Like Tree69Likes
  1. Cesare21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    489 Posts
    PIN
    K Ink Wink
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lanzador49 View Post
    Without knowing me, who I am, where I am, what I do
    If BB10 had a voice it could also say the same thing to you.

    I'm a huge fan.
    So will you ever give RIM a chance to show what they do with BB10 or just go on ranting about some old phrase that's getting antiquated?
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

    -- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
  2. lanzador49's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  

    Default

    If electronic equipment had a voice? Are you kidding?

    I'm disappointed in the performance of a company that makes electronic equipment the style of which I prefer for my mobile communications. I'm disappointed because the company has done little to keep up, their next-best releases have, for electronic equipment, somewhat antiquated features and systems that have fallen short of the expectations of many users of such equipment, and, among other things, the company has rested on its laurels rather than take steps to innovate and keep up with an emerging market. And it's not as if RIM has had PLENTY of chances to show what they can do with new products...despite high expectations, they've repeatedly fallen short. Perhaps their new 10 is the thing that will catapult them forward. I hope so.

    Most of the responses to my inquiry have been couched in terms of personal attacks and insults...with very few that address the actual issue I raised, and that is - in terms of market share and corporate performance, RIM hasn't done much, and their efforts to bring the long awaited technology to the forefront (a couple of years in the making no doubt) seem to be a case of too little too late. Can RIM recover? I hope so! I like the product. But from what I've seen, they have a long way to go in order to catch up.

    Even when you take what I've written out of context to attack it, those truths still ring clearly. RIM's products are fairly limited...they're not a samsung or apple that have diverse product lines. They can concentrate on one thing and make it the best thing out there, but they haven't...and their performance in the market reflects that fact. Once trading at upwards of $130 a share, their shares are at $11 a share. That's not something to sneeze at. And why?? Because they did not keep up with the technology and the demands of consumers, and rested on their past successes. That's corporate arrogance, and it's a disservice to INVESTORS and CONSUMERS, of which I am the latter.

    This stuff isn't rocket science, and if the company is that well funded, they can certainly afford top engineers to develop an amazing device in a lot less time than it takes these other companies.
  3. Cesare21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    489 Posts
    PIN
    K Ink Wink
    #28  

    Default

    Will you do us a favor and stop this ranting? I think most of the stuff you point out has been discussed a gazillion times already. How long does anybody wants to cry over spilled milk?

    RIM are trying to get back on their feet and it's up to you and all other individuals to continue ranting or wait with a bated breath to see what they come up with. Give them their chance. Nobody can deny that. If you ask me, I would rather look at the positive side rather than the negative. Bring out some of your optimism, that will help everyone here. Enthusiasm is individual choice.
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

    -- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    Thanked by:
    axeman1000 (11-27-2012) 
    bungaboy likes this.
  4. axeman1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    904 Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Your the one missing the point, bb is creating something new but yet you come on a blackberry based message board and start your too little too late garbage! Then you go on to talk about not innovating but they are in the process of creating something new. And as far as limited anything done on a ipad can be done on a playbook. The only limited thing about it is in you own mind. If you need your device to do everything for you then go to apple but if you want a tool to create with then think for yourself and use blackberry. Otherwise go post this dribble somewhere else and let us blackberry fans enjoy what RIM is bringing! Wow.
    Thanked by:
    Cesare21 (11-27-2012) 
    Bobcat665 and bungaboy like this.
  5. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    10,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lanzador49 View Post
    So I'm reading about how everyone is waiting for BB10. January 30. January 30? Over a month after everybody buys each other an iphone or android?

    If I were an investor, I'd be rather upset. I'm a consumer and I'm upset. At some point, you can have the best product with the most functional features, but if you don't put the product in the hands of the consumer, what good does that do you?

    Corporate arrogance has its implications. I just wish it didn't trickle down to me.
    Add a few weeks before you can have the device in hands. If you can't wait, then ... just buy another device.
    Quality is mandatory here; this is a one shot revolution. There will be glitches, can't be differently. But they have to be very minor and uncompromising the core features.
    Wait.until.it's.ready.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    bungaboy likes this.
  6. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,019 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,023 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lanzador49 View Post
    So I'm reading about how everyone is waiting for BB10. January 30. January 30? Over a month after everybody buys each other an iphone or android?

    If I were an investor, I'd be rather upset. I'm a consumer and I'm upset. At some point, you can have the best product with the most functional features, but if you don't put the product in the hands of the consumer, what good does that do you?

    Corporate arrogance has its implications. I just wish it didn't trickle down to me.
    So you're assuming that all contracts end at or before Christmas is that it? Once a year, everyone runs out for a new phone right? Hmmmm... I must have been duped then as my contract ends in March and it's been a couple of years since I signed up.

    By your logic, all retail and any new products should ALL come out in the fall. If they don't they're doomed as "everyone" will have bought already.
    Thanked by:
    RubberChicken76 (11-27-2012) 
    peter9477, bungaboy and Cesare21 like this.
  7. lynxs_claw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts
    #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lanzador49 View Post
    If electronic equipment had a voice? Are you kidding?

    I'm disappointed in the performance of a company that makes electronic equipment the style of which I prefer for my mobile communications. I'm disappointed because the company has done little to keep up, their next-best releases have, for electronic equipment, somewhat antiquated features and systems that have fallen short of the expectations of many users of such equipment, and, among other things, the company has rested on its laurels rather than take steps to innovate and keep up with an emerging market. And it's not as if RIM has had PLENTY of chances to show what they can do with new products...despite high expectations, they've repeatedly fallen short. Perhaps their new 10 is the thing that will catapult them forward. I hope so.

    Most of the responses to my inquiry have been couched in terms of personal attacks and insults...with very few that address the actual issue I raised, and that is - in terms of market share and corporate performance, RIM hasn't done much, and their efforts to bring the long awaited technology to the forefront (a couple of years in the making no doubt) seem to be a case of too little too late. Can RIM recover? I hope so! I like the product. But from what I've seen, they have a long way to go in order to catch up.

    Even when you take what I've written out of context to attack it, those truths still ring clearly. RIM's products are fairly limited...they're not a samsung or apple that have diverse product lines. They can concentrate on one thing and make it the best thing out there, but they haven't...and their performance in the market reflects that fact. Once trading at upwards of $130 a share, their shares are at $11 a share. That's not something to sneeze at. And why?? Because they did not keep up with the technology and the demands of consumers, and rested on their past successes. That's corporate arrogance, and it's a disservice to INVESTORS and CONSUMERS, of which I am the latter.

    This stuff isn't rocket science, and if the company is that well funded, they can certainly afford top engineers to develop an amazing device in a lot less time than it takes these other companies.
    Wow.. Long winded.. Slow down buddy and catch your breath.

    If you review everything you wrote above.. The same can be said about Apple pre-ipod.

    Here's to hoping (with less of the extremely negativity) that BB10 iis RIM's new ipod so to speak.

    But I agree with the other posters.. Drop the hate.. Life's too short.. And buy a product that suits your needs. Forget about the rest of us whose waiting for BB10 to fit ours..
    bungaboy likes this.
  8. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,664 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,670 Global Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    So you're assuming that all contracts end at or before Christmas is that it? Once a year, everyone runs out for a new phone right?
    Thanks for saying this!

    This is something that bugs me in general right now. Yeah - it sucks that RIM is missing Christmas. It's really going to do a number on their fiscal Q3 number (Sept - Nov), because they're going in with aging products and forced to discount.

    But oh my gawd, am I sick of the way it's being spun like every bloody consumer on the planet that could ever upgrade to a smartphone is only going to do so by Jan 31st, 2012 and then will be locked up by contract for the next two-to-three years, with no one else buying a phone after that time. And worse, all 80 million of RIM's current active user base is leaving in the next 60-90 days for an iPhone or Android because "BlackBerry 10 is too late". And none of those upgraders from the flip phone market (still the majority of the mobile market over smartphones globally) actually exist.

    Like seriously ... COME ON!
  9. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    Everyone has upset regarding this delay. But, this might be better for us as consumer and for RIM as BB brand owner. As customer, we can taste other product that already arrived...
    What is with the use of terms such as 'goodies' and 'taste' and 'consumption' with regards to smartphones and tablets? We are not talking about foodstuffs. If you go around tasting smartphones you need psychiatric help. Put your goodies in a basket, enjoy your picnic tasting those goodies, and consume them until you are satiated. Expel those goodies within a few hours and repeat the process during your next feeding. I am starting to get a tummy ache.
  10. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,369 Posts
    #35  

    Default

    im sure back in 2006 you`d av said its was `too late` for apple to release a phone.
    same for dvd replacing vhs, was that `too late`
    historical evidence points to the fact you shouldnt judge something `too late` until its arrived and been assesed in its entirety

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    Toodeurep likes this.
  11. chuckwalla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    103 Posts
    #36  

    Default

    I'm an engineer, working in R&D and product development for the last twenty years. One of my favorite things for stress release, is to visit these forums and read all the armchair remarks from people who most likely sit around all day in their underwear and play xbox or cuddle their iphone. Makes me laugh. Thanks! Now WORK awaits.
  12. PapiPabs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    672 Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Early February sounds like a good enough time for a launch to me. Right around the time I'll be receiving my tax refund, so I'll have a little extra cheddar to throw at some BB10 goodness, contract or not. I mean, it won't be gift-wrapped, but somehow I think I'll live...

    Also, if they get some ad time during the Super Bowl, it couldn't hurt their efforts in the US.
    "You ever make fun of someone so much, you think you should thank them for all the good times you've had?"
  13. Specwire's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lanzador49 View Post
    So I'm reading about how everyone is waiting for BB10. January 30. January 30? Over a month after everybody buys each other an iphone or android?

    If I were an investor, I'd be rather upset. I'm a consumer and I'm upset. At some point, you can have the best product with the most functional features, but if you don't put the product in the hands of the consumer, what good does that do you?

    Corporate arrogance has its implications. I just wish it didn't trickle down to me.
    RIM is guilty of corporate arrogance that, but not in this instance. RIM is keen to launch a fully baked product. The market is too competitive, and RIM too vulnerable to launch a product that is not ready for game day, but released anyway.

    Also, Windows Phone 8 has no real legs, Android is not very good, and iOS is stale. There are still plenty of angles for RIM to exploit with the right product and good marketing.
    lynxs_claw and bungaboy like this.
  14. silversun10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,295 Posts
    #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    im sure back in 2006 you`d av said its was `too late` for apple to release a phone.
    same for dvd replacing vhs, was that `too late`
    historical evidence points to the fact you shouldnt judge something `too late` until its arrived and been assesed in its entirety

    there you go end of story.............never too late to improve...
  15. berklon's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    888 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    im sure back in 2006 you`d av said its was `too late` for apple to release a phone.
    same for dvd replacing vhs, was that `too late`
    historical evidence points to the fact you shouldnt judge something `too late` until its arrived and been assesed in its entirety
    There's a big flaw with your comparisons.

    It's never too late to release a product that revolutionizes the industry. If Apple only released a phone that didn't offer anything above what was capable with Blackberries - then it would've been too late for them. However, they didn't just offer yet anther phone - they released the iPhone... something we've never seen before. It offered much more than just a phone that does e-mail... it offered so much more than that.

    DVDs revolutionized home movies... much better picture quality, 5.1 sound, subtitles, special features, chapter stops... all on a 5 inch disc that didn't wear out.

    At this point it's too late for RIM... UNLESS they can provide something that the competition doesn't have in which people really want. Does RIM have that special something in BB10? If so, I'd love to hear what it is because right now I'm not seeing it. Do you honestly think RIM is keeping this show-stopping feature under tight raps until BB10 is released? All I'm seeing with RIM is only catching up to the competition (while still being drastically behind in ecosystem) - and that's not enough at this point.
  16. silversun10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,295 Posts
    #41  

    Default

    come on get with the program, the naysayers are coming around, join them on the bandwagon:

    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
    bungaboy likes this.
  17. DJM626's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    #42  

    Default

    WE Still think the iphone 5 is the best user experience out there..... Sounds pretty biased in my opinion, and after all, it is just that. An opinion. No more no less.. What I want to know is who is this WE that he is referring to? Himself? I can answer my own question. Best part about the entire clip is that RIM is not getting ignored. Good press or bad press, the name is out there. I think more so now then ever. Great product and I will always be a believer in them. I will definitely make up that 20-30% that he is talking about here. Anyone else? I hope for his sake, he likes crow, because he might be eating it!
    axeman1000 and bungaboy like this.
  18. SparkyBC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,224 Posts
    #43  

    Default

    They are called isheep for a reason. Launch after launch since iphone 4 it's the same boring Device. If anyone is on a downward spiral Apple is already headed that way. Sure it will sell for some time. Unless the Next iphone has some real innovation their jig is up. You can only give it a better resolution screen, bigger screen, more ram, faster CPU so many times before you become stale.

    RIM hit rock bottom and they're still around what does that say. They are far from out of the Game. I got an iphone 5 when my 8520 died for work and can't wait to leave that pos apple phone. I love hitting the home button 500 times a days, closing apps is even worse..I've been tempted to throw it more than once. Worst phone i ever owned. Takes so much time to do the simple things. Apple has the oldest mobile platform and will be in the same boat as RIM sooner rather than later..

    Rim Will return to it's former Glory and finally have all the pieces in place..
    Thanked by:
    axeman1000 (12-02-2012) 
  19. donmateo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,076 Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Really? Too late? It will be fully developed, it will miss the holiday rush (which CARRIERS said would be better so BB10 would not be lost in the marketing mess fighting for ad time), and it is after the holiday stress when people will have recouped a little money, buy something for themselves, etc. The timing of early 2013 is fine, in fact it is best in this scenario.
    bungaboy likes this.
  20. r0v3rT3N's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,885 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,891 Global Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lanzador49 View Post
    I just know that there are engineers who can put a concept on paper, develop it, test it, perfect it, and market it, timely. I think that Apple and Google showed us that. After all, wasn't RIM the one that catapulted the smart phone into mainstream? I vote for some better r&d for rim or it's rip
    Really? Google or Apple haven't built their OS from scratch and have it to us timely.
    Android and iOS were both being built for 4 years+ before they were actually shown in a cell phone.
    RIM made a mistake talking about BlackBerry 10 WAY too early, and then blaming it on chip-sets.
    Also, RIM spends the most on R&D than ANY other companies in Canada.
    I agree [kind of] with what you say, however, your points to support your topic are invalid..
    Check out my app: CChecker
  21. BBThemes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,369 Posts
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berklon View Post
    There's a big flaw with your comparisons.

    It's never too late to release a product that revolutionizes the industry. If Apple only released a phone that didn't offer anything above what was capable with Blackberries - then it would've been too late for them. However, they didn't just offer yet anther phone - they released the iPhone... something we've never seen before. It offered much more than just a phone that does e-mail... it offered so much more than that.

    DVDs revolutionized home movies... much better picture quality, 5.1 sound, subtitles, special features, chapter stops... all on a 5 inch disc that didn't wear out.

    At this point it's too late for RIM... UNLESS they can provide something that the competition doesn't have in which people really want. Does RIM have that special something in BB10? If so, I'd love to hear what it is because right now I'm not seeing it. Do you honestly think RIM is keeping this show-stopping feature under tight raps until BB10 is released? All I'm seeing with RIM is only catching up to the competition (while still being drastically behind in ecosystem) - and that's not enough at this point.
    I thnk your maybe taking my point about dvd`s a little too literally (although what about blu-ray they? it had hd-dvd competition and still won out).
    do i think RIM is keeping some show stopping feature under wraps? err not really, i mean BBM video and BBM voice are kind of public knowledge, but maybe you should adjust your approach. last reported quarter RIM moved over 7m units (i believe sell thru was a litle higher) so if they can move that ammount on a platform which by many peoples accounts is miles behind (hence your catching up comnment) then shouldnt it stand to reason that even with a semi competitive let alone breakout product that the implications could actually be quite big?

    Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900


    For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
  22. bungaboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,045 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    There is a big "if
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Brilliant addition to the thread. Now back under the bridge and think of some more 2 letter words that amuse you.
    "Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Tank Pilot)
  23. bungaboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,045 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    What is with the use of terms such as 'goodies' and 'taste' and 'consumption' with regards to smartphones and tablets? We are not talking about foodstuffs. If you go around tasting smartphones you need psychiatric help. Put your goodies in a basket, enjoy your picnic tasting those goodies, and consume them until you are satiated. Expel those goodies within a few hours and repeat the process during your next feeding. I am starting to get a tummy ache.
    Quality act you are. Dumping on someone who is posting using a language that is not their native tongue.

    You should be ashamed for picking on this guy's efforts to communicate.

    But not a surprise from you, the master of cheap shots.
    "Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Tank Pilot)
  24. Sqoon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    548 Posts
    #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donmateo View Post
    Really? Too late? It will be fully developed, it will miss the holiday rush (which CARRIERS said would be better so BB10 would not be lost in the marketing mess fighting for ad time), and it is after the holiday stress when people will have recouped a little money, buy something for themselves, etc. The timing of early 2013 is fine, in fact it is best in this scenario.
    Is a phone really something that you buy someone else for Christmas? I wouldn't think so. Everyone has been making such a big deal about missing the Christmas rush but when was the last time anyone here unwrapped a phone? Phones tend to be super personal and a purchase that occurs when their contracts are up. So I would agree that the timing for early 2013 is fine.

    Also think of how much more focus there has been on developers in the last three months. They have put so much effort into the app side that we didn't see earlier in the year. I think that without the delay they wouldn't have been able to dedicate as much money, time, etc to getting all the developers on board.
  25. silversun10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,295 Posts
    #50  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sqoon View Post
    Is a phone really something that you buy someone else for Christmas? I wouldn't think so. Everyone has been making such a big deal about missing the Christmas rush but when was the last time anyone here unwrapped a phone? Phones tend to be super personal and a purchase that occurs when their contracts are up. So I would agree that the timing for early 2013 is fine.

    Also think of how much more focus there has been on developers in the last three months. They have put so much effort into the app side that we didn't see earlier in the year. I think that without the delay they wouldn't have been able to dedicate as much money, time, etc to getting all the developers on board.
    in February there is another big gift day called Valentines, after that Easter and right in time for Mother'sday and Secretary's day just before that, so either way no problem....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Berry Roadmap - too little, too late
    By Rooster99 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 10:17 AM
  2. is late Q3 going to be a little too little too late now?
    By kb5zht in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
  3. S3: Too little, too late!
    By dave1812 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 12:12 PM
  4. Time magazine - Torch, too little too late?
    By OfDoor13 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 08:56 PM
  5. Too Little Too Late?
    By Calotag in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions