I've downloaded about 8 of then (including a couple of rental ones) and watched them on my TV using hdmi output - very good quality given that they come from a small phone!! Shows how good the blackberry z10 is IMHO.

I'm storing them when not in use on my computer. Haven't had any hassles so far. Though if anyone knows how they can be played on my PlayBook I would be very grateful.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I want to know. I bought a couple movies to test to see if I could watch them on the playbook. When the downloads were complete, I went to share the videos to my playbook. No dice!! I keep getting the message that the blackberry server is not responding. What it's really saying is, you can only watch a full length movie on your smaller screen. I wasn't too impressed with that. Plus, using the hdmi I cord isn't like a "catch-all" solution. So right now, there is no watching a purchased movie from the BB world on the playbook.
    12-01-13 10:37 AM
    That's exactly what I want to know. I bought a couple movies to test to see if I could watch them on the playbook. When the downloads were complete, I went to share the videos to my playbook. No dice!! I keep getting the message that the blackberry server is not responding. What it's really saying is, you can only watch a full length movie on your smaller screen. I wasn't too impressed with that. Plus, using the hdmi I cord isn't like a "catch-all" solution. So right now, there is no watching a purchased movie from the BB world on the playbook.
    That's absurd.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:39 AM
    Is your PlayBook a DLNA media renderer? If so you should be able to use the Video Player's "Play On" function on your BlackBerry 10 device to stream the move to your PlayBook. Although you are supposed to be able to authorize 5 BlackBerry devices so in theory you could download then to your PlayBook as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:57 AM
    Oh, and what is the size of these downloads?
    I have downloaded 15 movies now which take up 27GB. The largest one appears to be 3GB in size.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:59 AM
    To answer your other question, the movies can only be watched on a bb10 device.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Not true, just watched Pacific Rim on my TV via HDMI out. Doesn't drain much battery either. Good film by the way.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 11:08 AM
    I have downloaded 15 movies now which take up 27GB. The largest one appears to be 3GB in size.

Posted via CB10
    Try 27 :O

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    12-01-13 11:28 AM
    To answer your other question, the movies can only be watched on a bb10 device.
    And if you have a newer leaked OS Miracasting should also be an option which I assume works with devices like Apple TV.
    12-01-13 11:48 AM
    And if you have a newer leaked OS Miracasting should also be an option which I assume works with devices like Apple TV.
    Miracast isn't supported on Z10 devices sadly.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 03:02 PM
    Sweet! Excited to get on wifi and go nuts!
    12-01-13 03:56 PM
    Miracast isn't supported on Z10 devices sadly.

Posted via CB10
    True I should have mentioned that. But the Z10 has DLNA I believe which also can work with the appropriate TVs.
    12-01-13 06:12 PM
    True I should have mentioned that. But the Z10 has DLNA I believe which also can work with the appropriate TVs.
    I'm looking to replace my receiver and am looking for one that will act as a DLNA Media Renderer for audio and video. So far nothing is jumping out at me but I am asking about a Marantz in another thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:47 PM
    Edited

Posted via CB10. 10.2.0.1791
    Last edited by QWKSNKE; 12-01-13 at 11:10 PM.
    12-01-13 10:23 PM
    Forgot to ask.. has anyone had any problems downloading movies? I purchased one on Saturday and it would not let me download due to expired license error

12-01-13 10:25 PM
    Forgot to ask.. has anyone had any problems downloading movies? I purchased one on Saturday and it would not let me download due to expired license error

If it was IronMan 3, there was an issue for a while but it has been corrected and you should be able to download it now.
    12-01-13 10:27 PM
    No it was White House Down

12-01-13 10:43 PM
    No it was White House Down

That's one I haven't bought so I can't speak to any issues with it. Hopefully though it's similar to the Iron Man 3 movie where the license was expired for a few days for me but then eventually cleared.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:45 PM
    Upn player will output to dlna device ie... BD player or TV via wifi or use hdmi

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    12-03-13 10:01 AM
    Upn player will output to dlna device ie... BD player or TV via wifi or use hdmi

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    The DLNA device needs to be a DLNA Media Renderer where the BlackBerry device can stream the audio/video to it. DLNA Media Players like the PS3 won't work as they access the files remotely and don't have the DRM rights to play the movie files.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:49 PM
    The DLNA device needs to be a DLNA Media Renderer where the BlackBerry device can stream the audio/video to it. DLNA Media Players like the PS3 won't work as they access the files remotely and don't have the DRM rights to play the movie files.

Posted via CB10
    Kinda sad that my brand new Sony "Smart TV" isn't able to play my BlackBerry World movies through DLNA.

Oh well, at least my Z10 has an HDMI-out.
    12-04-13 02:52 AM
    Thank you for sharing this with us.
    12-04-13 06:29 AM
    Unfortunately it looks like the deals in the UK are much more limited. Only about a dozen 0.79 ones and just one or two I was interested in... hopefully they change the selections in the next week or so otherwise they aren't going to generate much volume with this sale...

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 05:56 PM
    Unfortunately it looks like the deals in the UK are much more limited. Only about a dozen 0.79 ones and just one or two I was interested in... hopefully they change the selections in the next week or so otherwise they aren't going to generate much volume with this sale...

Posted via CB10
    You guys get updates sooner than us and the Z30, and we get more variety in cheap movies. I'd be willing to trade you LOL! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:19 PM
    You guys get updates sooner than us and the Z30, and we get more variety in cheap movies. I'd be willing to trade you LOL! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Dude, you seem knowledgeable about this stuff. Can you help me watch my movies on my Samsung Smart TV?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-dlna-880786/
    12-04-13 07:56 PM
    Dude, you seem knowledgeable about this stuff. Can you help me watch my movies on my Samsung Smart TV?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-dlna-880786/
    I barely know anything in this area but I will be happy to share what I know and help where I can. I will follow your other thread and contribute what I can.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 08:13 PM
49 12