Mire than the original Black Friday listing where some were mixed in with apps and songs:
    Check out Movies for $0.99! in BlackBerry World! You can find it at Featured - BlackBerry World

I am now up to 12 or 13. :-)

Posted via CB10
    AlwaysActions likes this.
    11-30-13 08:07 PM
    Great post

Thanks
    11-30-13 08:10 PM
    Hi question
    If I buy a movie
    Is there's a conditions like, I have to watch that movie with in this says or months

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:55 PM
    Hi question
    If I buy a movie
    Is there's a conditions like, I have to watch that movie with in this says or months

Posted via CB10
    It don't look like it, what you mean it will self destroy or something lol?
    11-30-13 09:01 PM
    Mire than the original Black Friday listing where some were mixed in with apps and songs:
    Check out Movies for $0.99! in BlackBerry World! You can find it at Featured - BlackBerry World

I am now up to 12 or 13. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Odd cant log in to BBWorld, and from my Z10 they are not the same prices. much higher on my Z.
    11-30-13 09:16 PM
    For some of those movies it says you have to download before the 1 of January 2014. So yes there are restrictions, I think they all have that stipulation, if not most of them. It should say it on the bottom when you pick the movie on BlackBerry world. You just have to store it somewhere like on your computer,although you cannot play it in the computer(due to licensing and copyright concerns) you can store the movies there, so all you would have to do is transfer them back into your sd card and you're good. So you can keep the movies, but you need to have them downloaded and stored somewhere. Wish you could just download them whenever you want like a cloud storage kind of deal, but for $0.99 you really can't complain.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    11-30-13 09:24 PM
    For some of those movies it says you have to download before the 1 of January 2014. So yes there are restrictions, I think they all have that stipulation, if not most of them. It should say it on the bottom when you pick the movie on BlackBerry world. You just have to store it somewhere like on your computer,although you cannot play it in the computer(due to licensing and copyright concerns) you can store the movies there, so all you would have to do is transfer them back into your sd card and you're good.

Are you sure, I still think if you do that you have to re download the lisence for the movies not the whole movie

Posted from my Z30.
    11-30-13 09:26 PM
    I don't do much media downloading, so these may be dumb questions.

These are in some format that cannot be burned to a traditional DVD, much be watched as a "file" (ie MPG, MP4, etc), and are restricted to watching on the BlackBerry itself?

I can't get too excited about having to spend 2 hours each watching a movie on that tiny screen...

Oh, and what is the size of these downloads?
    11-30-13 09:42 PM
    I don't do much media downloading, so these may be dumb questions.

These are in some format that cannot be burned to a traditional DVD, much be watched as a "file" (ie MPG, MP4, etc), and are restricted to watching on the BlackBerry itself?

I can't get too excited about having to spend 2 hours each watching a movie on that tiny screen...

Oh, and what is the size of these downloads?
    I don't think there's a movie size over 2gb, a movie that runs 1:30 should be around 1.38gb. Unless it's a really long movie I don't see it going over that. If you have LTE they should download in no longer then 30 minutes, dependent on your signal strength ofcourse and data package.
    To answer your other question, the movies can only be watched on a bb10 device.

11-30-13 10:00 PM
    I don't think there's a movie size over 2gb, a movie that runs 1:30 should be around 1.38gb. Unless it's a really long movie I don't see it going over that. If you have LTE they should download in no longer then 30 minutes, dependent on your signal strength ofcourse and data package.
    To answer your other question, the movies can only be watched on a bb10 device.

Thanks for your answers, doesn't sound particularly appealing to me then.
    11-30-13 10:39 PM
    OK, I went to town. Bought 17 of them.

Question: I don't have a memory card on my device, so I only have room for 1 movie. The rest are "pending" download due to space.

1. How large of a memory card can I put in?

2. How do I tell it to put my movies there?

3. Once I get the memory card, how do I move the one movie on my device to the card so they're all together?

4. Can I watch these on my Z10 coming this week? By transferring the memory card? Or, how can I download a movie to my Z10 that I've already paid for on my Q10?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:55 PM

Question: I don't have a memory card on my device, so I only have room for 1 movie. The rest are "pending" download due to space.

3. Once I get the memory card, how do I move the one movie on my device to the card so they're all together?

4. Can I watch these on my Z10 coming this week? By transferring the memory card? Or, how can I download a movie to my Z10 that I've already paid for on my Q10?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao i bought 22 of them and didn't even notice :O
    Well I'm personally waiting to get a 64gb sd card soon so I can put em all in there.
    The movies are automatically downloaded into your sd card.
    You can also just transfer them to your pc and store them there, although you won't be able to play them, or on a usb as well.
    The movies can be downloaded on up to 5 devices from the same bbid. So I'm guessing your gonna transfer the data from your q to your Z correct? And use the same bbid?

11-30-13 11:01 PM
    Oh no problem
    I mean you can always get an hdmi cable and watch the movie on the TV, or store them on a computer for later use.

11-30-13 11:02 PM
    Lmao i bought 22 of them and didn't even notice :O
    Well I'm personally waiting to get a 64gb sd card soon so I can put em all in there.
    The movies are automatically downloaded into your sd card.
    You can also just transfer them to your pc and store them there, although you won't be able to play them, or on a usb as well.
    The movies can be downloaded on up to 5 devices from the same bbid. So I'm guessing your gonna transfer the data from your q to your Z correct? And use the same bbid?

Yes, plan to watch more of them on Z than on Q, given screen. But can I also just move the memory card over?

And what about the one movie that did download to my phone? How can I get that on the card, once I get a card?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:08 PM
    Oh and I looked. I also got 22 actually

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:09 PM
    A Dedicated Channel for Quotes, Wallpapers & Scene Stills, News & Updates about the most Exciting and Edge of the Seat Action Thriller of all times ~ 24...

Jack Bauer - 24!

Channel PIN: C001250BD

Attachment 225872

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:19 PM

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    2. In BlackBerry World, swipe down and tap on settings > general and turn on save to memory card.

3. Use file manager to move it to the SD card (or connect to your computer and drag and drop it)

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 01:33 AM
    I've downloaded about 8 of then (including a couple of rental ones) and watched them on my TV using hdmi output - very good quality given that they come from a small phone!! Shows how good the blackberry z10 is IMHO.

I'm storing them when not in use on my computer. Haven't had any hassles so far. Though if anyone knows how they can be played on my PlayBook I would be very grateful.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 01:59 AM
    They cant be streamed to another device but playback fine over HDMI out
    12-01-13 02:10 AM
    Does anyone know if the incredible has closed captions?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 02:30 AM
    They cant be streamed to another device but playback fine over HDMI out

Thanks. I already have an HDMI to DVI-D cable setup to display my Z10 output on a large display if I so desire. I'm just not a fan of tying up my smartphone for that kind of task.

More power to the people who do, it's certainly a nice deal for the movies.
    12-01-13 05:12 AM
    I've downloaded about 8 of then (including a couple of rental ones) and watched them on my TV using hdmi output - very good quality given that they come from a small phone!! Shows how good the blackberry z10 is IMHO.

I'm storing them when not in use on my computer. Haven't had any hassles so far. Though if anyone knows how they can be played on my PlayBook I would be very grateful.

Posted via CB10
    All the rentals I saw for >$0.99 were for SALE for $0.99 LOL.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:36 AM

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    #1. 64GB. Amazon has the one I have on mega sale right now so you should grab it if you don't have one (I got another one w/o knowing what I am going to do with it yet because it was so cheap):
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007WT...bUvbUpU9637568

#2. As mentioned by IgotThis you tell the store to use your card for all future downloads (apps still download and install to main memory sadly).

#3. As mentioned by IgotThis you can use file manager, but I find its easier to use my PC to move files. Although now that I type this I'm thinking the PC method might take longer if it is copying from main memory to the SD card over USB.

#4. You can authorize up to 5 BlackBerry devices. I'm not sure how to do this because I only have 1 at the moment but I an hopeful you will be prompted when you try to play them.

To be clear to everyone these are protected with DRM, just like Apple and other stores do, which is why you have these limitations. There are applications to you can buy that can "strip" DRM from them, but they do so by creating a new file so there is potential for quality loss AND I don't think it's legal to do so.

So as long as you don't mind using the HDMI cable or the DLNA "play on" method then you should be fine. I am trying to get a DLNA media renderer because my PS3 is just a DLNA media player which won't work since it can't read the DRM protected files on my BB. I.E. It needs to accept the stream from my Z10, not remotely access and play files stored on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:33 AM
    Accidental double post.
    12-01-13 08:34 AM
    Very helpful. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:25 AM
49 12