To add a contact to a specific list: In the contact app, select the account on the left side of the screen first, ie: Yahoo, and then click add... your new contact should be added to that account.I did one that way an hour ago on my Z10 and just now went to my HP desktop and the contact was added there in my Yahoo Contacts. Same as in my Contacts on my Z10. Should work on a Q10 also I would imagine...
    Edit: Dec 31 2013, now on 10.2.1.1925 you can pick which one or all of your lists to add a contact to after you click on "new contact ". Near the top click on "Save to:" and you will get a list with check boxes.
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 12-31-13 at 12:55 AM.
    07-16-13 05:48 PM
    Good tip!

Hopefully save some frustration for a few people.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-16-13 06:12 PM
    I'm surprized no one has responded to this post...Maybe we need to change the title??? Any suggestion?
    Good tip!

Hopefully save some frustration for a few people.
    07-20-13 05:43 PM
    I'm surprized no one has responded to this post...Maybe we need to change the title??? Any suggestion?
    Let's try this title plus this bump...

Changed "List" to "Account" in title, and specified "new" Contact.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-21-13 01:49 PM
    I've been looking for this! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-21-13 04:34 PM
    Flunked English in school, Got an A for effort...lol. Thanks for the help in the posting...I needed that
    Let's try this title plus this bump...

Changed "List" to "Account" in title, and specified "new" Contact.
    Elite1 and toobs623 like this.
    07-24-13 02:10 PM
    You da man

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-27-13 08:14 PM
    This should be stickied in the "Tips, tricks and How-to" forum.

Sent from my Z10 10.2.0.483 using Tapatalk 2
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-27-13 08:16 PM
    thanx man!

Z10 STL100-2 from CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-27-13 09:10 PM
    Man that's a life save for me! Since every time I fail to restore my settings every time I install a new leaked OS, and I re ask ppl for their phone numbers..

Thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-27-13 09:36 PM
    That does not work if you have 2 google contact lists. Whenever you select 1 particular contact list and add a contact to that list, you get the same contact automatically linked to all your google contact lists and even linked to a local contact list. I have not tried with yahoo contact lists since I do not use yahoo contact list.

Update: I can now confirm that even with Yahoo and Outlook contact sources set up, you still get the autolinking/autocreation of a contact in all contact lists/sources. This is clearly a bug that BlackBerry need to fix ASAP.
    Businesses use more than one contact lists/sources for different purposes. Creating a new contact of supplier should not automatically add that same contact in customer contact list and vice versa for example.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by alimin; 08-04-13 at 09:59 AM.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-28-13 09:49 AM
    Any tips on moving a contact that's already in the wrong location/account?

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-05-13 07:52 PM
    It links in the phone. Are you saying it adds to all the lists on your computer too? Linking contacts on your phone does not necessarily add contacts to multiple lists.
    That does not work if you have 2 google contact lists. Whenever you select 1 particular contact list and add a contact to that list, you get the same contact automatically linked to all your google contact lists and even linked to a local contact list. I have not tried with yahoo contact lists since I do not use yahoo contact list.

Update: I can now confirm that even with Yahoo and Outlook contact sources set up, you still get the autolinking/autocreation of a contact in all contact lists/sources. This is clearly a bug that BlackBerry need to fix ASAP.
    Businesses use more than one contact lists/sources for different purposes. Creating a new contact of supplier should not automatically add that same contact in customer contact list and vice versa for example.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:23 AM
    Great question. I haven't figured that one out yet. I deleted from one and re-added to the correct one...I'll keep checking though...And I will email the developers at <[email protected]> and <[email protected]>. You can email them too at the same addresses with suggestions...It helps...really...
    Any tips on moving a contact that's already in the wrong location/account?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:27 AM
    It links in the phone. Are you saying it adds to all the lists on your computer too? Linking contacts on your phone does not necessarily add contacts to multiple lists.
    It does add to all the lists. Try and see it yourself. Especially since they are all synchronized. Still struggling with a fix to this, no response whatsoever from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:35 AM
    Try adding one to a Yahoo account and check your Google account on a computer and get back to me. I see the links on the phone but just because it is linked on the phone does not mean it has been added to all the other lists. Please get back to me if I'm wrong. I have been wrong before. Keep me posted.
    It does add to all the lists. Try and see it yourself. Especially since they are all synchronized. Still struggling with a fix to this, no response whatsoever from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 02:14 AM
    Try adding one to a Yahoo account and check your Google account on a computer and get back to me. I see the links on the phone but just because it is linked on the phone does not mean it has been added to all the other lists. Please get back to me if I'm wrong. I have been wrong before. Keep me posted.
    Just tried it again with latest 10.2 leak loaded after testing with many different OS version since 10.1.0.23xx. Same thing, clearly a bug that has not been addressed properly by BlackBerry. I set up a Yahoo contact account and two Goggle accounts. Selecting only Yahoo contact source from Contacts app, create a new contact which is intended to only appear in Yahoo. Go back to computer, check all accounts, nightmare: all accounts have that one new contact autolinked.

Try it out yourself. Yours could probably just have late synchronization, but in the end they should all be linked because the autolinking is created from the phone itself and then gets synchronized. Unless you can cut/cancel the synchro process in either account which I dont see.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 04:09 AM
    Alimin, Just checked my 2 Gmail Contact lists. The 3 new Yahoo contacts I added a couple days ago only added to my Yahoo account none went into my other contact lists. Somehow your contacts are being imported into your other accounts. It may be in your settings on your computer, I'm not sure why this is happening to you. I don't think it is a Blackberry issue as I have had a whole bunch of other people that have used the same method to success. No other people have had your issue that I'm aware of after using my method. BTW I also have 1 Yahoo list and 2 Google lists. I have my Yahoo set to sync at 30 minutes and the 2 Googles to sync at 24 hours each. It actually sounds to me like your settings on your computer are set to synchronize all your contacts between accounts.
    Just tried it again with latest 10.2 leak loaded after testing with many different OS version since 10.1.0.23xx. Same thing, clearly a bug that has not been addressed properly by BlackBerry. I set up a Yahoo contact account and two Goggle accounts. Selecting only Yahoo contact source from Contacts app, create a new contact which is intended to only appear in Yahoo. Go back to computer, check all accounts, nightmare: all accounts have that one new contact autolinked.

Try it out yourself. Yours could probably just have late synchronization, but in the end they should all be linked because the autolinking is created from the phone itself and then gets synchronized. Unless you can cut/cancel the synchro process in either account which I dont see.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 04:36 AM
    Alimin, Just checked my 2 Gmail Contact lists. The 3 new Yahoo contacts I added a couple days ago only added to my Yahoo account none went into my other contact lists. Somehow your contacts are being imported into your other accounts. It may be in your settings on your computer, I'm not sure why this is happening to you. I don't think it is a Blackberry issue as I have had a whole bunch of other people that have used the same method to success. No other people have had your issue that I'm aware of after using my method. BTW I also have 1 Yahoo list and 2 Google lists. I have my Yahoo set to sync at 30 minutes and the 2 Googles to sync at 24 hours each. It actually sounds to me like your settings on your computer are set to synchronize all your contacts between accounts.
    Hmm strange mate because I also see a thred in blackberry support forum mentioning about this bug which is not fixed. Could you please share more details about how you set it up from beginning so I will give another try? Which settings in computer did you mean?

I also check from the blackBerry support forum whose thread has been stickied:
    Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

in the list of feature request, this feature is still missing:
    "Turning off links of contacts (I think poster did not have multiple accounts, actually BB10 goes ahead and adds all new contacts into all address books in all accounts without user permission.. Create a contact in Hotmail? Gets copied to Gmail.. and then linked, terrible implementation in my opinion)"

This is exactly the problem I reported in this thread, so I am not sure how you got it fixed where many others are still waiting for a solution from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by alimin; 08-18-13 at 08:39 AM.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-17-13 05:23 AM
    Good tip, bad flaw, and the amazing part is that we are missing a Local Contacts option in the segment menu =(

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-19-13 03:29 PM
    In balance mode if you want to add contacts to your work account's contacts you still need to choose work from the top. Actually very very annoying.
    08-22-13 02:07 AM
    Great to know how to enter new contacts as Gmail contacts, instead of Local. But how do I figure out which Local contacts were created to date that are NOT in my Gmail Contacts list? Alternatively, how do I sync my Local contacts to Gmail, so that Gmail becomes complete? This bug is frustrating! I love my Q10 but I have to go try an Android now, because BB10 is missing two Apps that I really have to have.... I'm putting it on ice for a month while I try out an HTC One, but I love my Q10. Need my contacts synced to Gmail so that they will be complete on both phones. Thanks.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    08-28-13 09:16 AM
    Why is it annoying? You have two phones in one and have a choice on where to add your contacts and to what list. That annoys you?
    In balance mode if you want to add contacts to your work account's contacts you still need to choose work from the top. Actually very very annoying.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    08-30-13 11:54 AM
    Good point...about the local contacts thing...
    Email these people here:
    <[email protected]> and <[email protected]>
    They are the Blackberry Development Team and they read all the emails. Do not expect a reply. They develop only and do not ever reply to our requests by email. We have seen numerous changes in the os's we are running now that we wrote to them about.
    Good tip, bad flaw, and the amazing part is that we are missing a Local Contacts option in the segment menu =(

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 12:00 PM
    Finally this feature has been implemented in OS 10.2.1.1055. Now, another one less frustration for BB10 users Adding a new contact now let you choose where this contact would be added, be it local contact, sim, or any contact sources set up on the phone, bravo BB for listening to users.
    11-22-13 12:19 AM
27 12