Thought I'd share this as it allows "backwards bridge" - using a BB10 phone to read PlayBook files.

First, you need Link installed and a phone OS that supports remote file access.

Turn on WiFi file sharing on the PlayBook, then, using the PC with Link installed, browse to the network address of your PlayBook (by default, "//playbook-XXXX"). Mount the "media" folder as a network drive (I prefer assigning it the letter P: for PlayBook).

In BlackBerry Link, open the settings tab for your PC device, and under Remote File Access, click the folder icon with the + sign. Add the entire P: drive as a folder to be shared.

Now you can access the entire folder structure of the PlayBook through the native BB10 File Manager under the folder named "P" - or whichever drive letter you chose. This will work as long as the PlayBook is on the same WiFi network as the Link computer, so you can leave your PlayBook at home and stream videos from it at work - as long as both Internet connections are fast enough.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-02-13 05:57 PM
    Just a note that the file sharing capability in Link and BB10 is part of OS 10.1. Devices with 10.0 won't have the option for linking this way until the 10.1 update arrives.

Posted via CB10
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    06-02-13 06:07 PM
    Thanks, I touched on that in the second paragraph but didn't go into detail.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-02-13 06:18 PM