Hi Crackberry Users,

I just picked up a Q10 (from a 9900) and I can't figure out a way to show a timestamp on each message. It groups messages together under one timestamp unless a new message has been sent/received or it's been a while since they are sent/received. I tried changing the display style in Setting from 'Single Messages' to 'Conversation' but it doesn't resolve this. On my 9900 it timestamped each individual one regardless of when it's sent/received.

Is there a way to do this on BB10?

Warm regards,

Marc
    05-13-13 02:28 PM
    I thought there was a setting to show double messaging as two messages instead of one. I believe it is in the text message settings.
    05-13-13 02:29 PM
    I would love an answer to this as well. I think that's my only complaint with sms on this phone. I can't find a setting for it anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:35 PM
    I thought there was a setting to show double messaging as two messages instead of one. I believe it is in the text message settings.
    Looked all over setting in the text message app and found nothing like this. The option for Single Messages or Conversation display style only affects emails.
    05-14-13 08:38 AM
    Yea, I have to say it's pretty annoying that each message doesn't have it's own independent timestamp. Particularly when trying to prove to significant others that you did indeed send that text message an hour ago. This is my first major complaint with the OS so far and I really hope it will be updated in 10.1, or at some point in the future if 10.1 one doesn't have it.

But I think it is pretty encouraging that something as minor as this is my only complaint.
    05-19-13 10:15 PM
    Yes, BB10 has removed two of my favorite options, and made the default settings the exact opposite of what I used to choose. The options are "Combine sequential messages" (which I always disabled so I could see timestamps on all messages) and the choice of Conversation style as bubbles or stripes (I always used stripes).
    05-19-13 10:22 PM
    I too really wished I had the option to show a timestamp for each. It is important when I use my phone for tracking activities related to work. Please bbry, give us the option to do this!
    07-28-13 02:06 PM
    I second, third and fourth this!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 03:33 PM
    This is really annoying for those who are system administrators, receiving a bunch of warning/alert messages about their systems. Is there any chance anyone knows of a method or a third-party app to solve this problem?
    02-22-14 11:40 AM
    I figured out how to view the time on each text guys! Unsure if anyone has figured it yet. So if you have a sequence of texts from a same person or yourself, Tap the screen and highlight (select) the individual text and hold your finger on it until the side bar appears and at the top (ontop of the option of 'Forward Message") you'll be able to see the mssg and a time! Try it out! It doesn't solve seeing each individual time stamp on the screen unfortunately but it's a temp way to see the time per text. Good luck all!
    rai187, afflietta and rjk123 like this.
    04-13-14 10:05 AM
    I figured out how to view the time on each text guys! Unsure if anyone has figured it yet. So if you have a sequence of texts from a same person or yourself, Tap the screen and highlight (select) the individual text and hold your finger on it until the side bar appears and at the top (ontop of the option of 'Forward Message") you'll be able to see the mssg and a time! Try it out! It doesn't solve seeing each individual time stamp on the screen unfortunately but it's a temp way to see the time per text. Good luck all!
    Yup, known for a decent while. Don't know why it wasn't posted before.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-13-14 10:10 AM
    Timestamp on each text message-img_20140413_172117.png

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:23 AM
    Actually not - it always shows the same time as the first received SMS from the particular group/conversation
    01-17-15 07:57 AM