You can obviously choose to not read the thread from the title.
    I had mentioned in another thread some time back. My dad picked up a classic from his 9900. So I asked him today how's it going. He said not so good. Search is very slow. Searching a contact from universal search or the contact app is very slow. The bold even was so fast. The phone has frozen on him a couple of times forcing him to restart. And he's absolutely right. The search, speed dials is pathetically slow on BB10. No where near to what it was on BBOS. I have waited software update after update. 10.3.1 only made a little bit more worse (atleast for me). Feeling rather disappointed. He took the phone solely on my recommendation and he isn't happy with it.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    07-02-15 11:43 AM
    How is he searching.

Assistant method:
    Don't open the assistant just start typing a name.

Contacts method:
    Don't open contacts just tap the phone in corner and start typing.

Ps.

Try adjusting the device search settings: by default I think Google bing , yahoo et al are selected which might explain any delays?

Settings : Blackberry Assistant : Turn off Full assistant

If still a problem

Settings : Blackberry Assistant : Device Search setting , extended
    Untick bing yahoo...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 12:38 PM
    He tries by searching universal search. Yahoo, bing and everything is turned off. I did that for him right at the beginning. I use a Q5. Face the same problem. Have been facing it since beginning. Full assistance is off.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    07-02-15 01:19 PM
    Is he using same 4 year old sd card from 9900?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:30 PM
    Is he using same 4 year old sd card from 9900?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Bought a new Scandisk Ultra class 10 memory card.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    07-02-15 08:58 PM
    What am I doing right? The contacts search seems plenty fast to me. What I find annoying is you have to actually click the search. Once you open contacts, search should be automatic.

I'm on a z10, which should be slower given the age of the technology.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 11:24 PM
    What am I doing right? The contacts search seems plenty fast to me. What I find annoying is you have to actually click the search. Once you open contacts, search should be automatic.

I'm on a z10, which should be slower given the age of the technology.

Posted via CB10
    I imagine on Z10 clicking search brings up keyboard.
    On Q devices there's no needs to click search just start typing name...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 08:48 AM
    I had mentioned in another thread some time back. My dad picked up a classic from his 9900. So I asked him today how's it going. He said not so good. Search is very slow. Searching a contact from universal search or the contact app is very slow. The bold even was so fast. The phone has frozen on him a couple of times forcing him to restart. And he's absolutely right. The search, speed dials is pathetically slow on BB10. No where near to what it was on BBOS. I have waited software update after update. 10.3.1 only made a little bit more worse (atleast for me). Feeling rather disappointed. He took the phone solely on my recommendation and he isn't happy with it.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    I just tried searching on my Z10, and it comes up, as fast as I can type (literally, from the first letter I type.)
    07-04-15 11:39 AM
    I just tried searching on my Z10, and it comes up, as fast as I can type (literally, from the first letter I type.)
    Yep. It is like the phone has indexed everything. I don't use the universal search much, but I think I will from now on. I thought the search was just for the voice app, which I find annoying.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 11:53 AM
    Same for me, universal search so fast back with 10.2. Now it take ages even with 1.7 GHz Z30

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339
    07-04-15 02:11 PM

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2576
    I've never had any freezing, he may have a defect.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 04:06 PM
    Something I've noticed is that my social media contacts are listed by the contact app, the more soc.med accounts that are active the slower the search. I remedied slow searches by just using SIM contact list.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 04:18 PM
    Same for me, universal search so fast back with 10.2. Now it take ages even with 1.7 GHz Z30

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339
    Interesting. This is one of the many reasons I downgraded. The search took for ever - and it even seemed to develop a preference to search social media, such as Facebook and Twitter: things that I never installed. The search was sooo slow, you could, at times, see the Q scrolling through all the search items. Despite reloads and destructive installs, I could never fix the problem.

Would like to know a conclusive reason one day.
    07-05-15 01:34 AM