"To help us to deliver interesting paid or sponsored content or promotions, you agree that a business or other entity may pay us to display your username ,likeness , photos (along with any associated metadata), and/or actions you take , in connection with paid or sponsored content or promotions, whithout any compensation to you."

When/if Facebook buys whatsapp I expect to see the same type of Terms of Service.

Thank god for BB10 and BBM and ____.
    12-17-12 02:33 PM
    You would have to dump Facebook too if you haven't already.
    RubberChicken76 and mikeo007 like this.
    12-17-12 02:38 PM
    This is why I do not have apps that requires access to my files. I would denied them access and if the game (or app) refuse to work then I uninstall it (simple as that).
    Knightcrawler and grover5 like this.
    12-17-12 02:43 PM
    Never ever have I used FB, or will I,lol.
    You would have to dump Facebook too if you haven't already.
    leejayh likes this.
    12-17-12 02:46 PM
    im not sure its different than before. ANYTHING you share via facebook, twitter or instagram can be used by someone else. That is just the way the internet is.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    12-17-12 05:04 PM
    Really? You obviously missed the latest UPROAR about instagram,lol.
    im not sure its different than before. ANYTHING you share via facebook, twitter or instagram can be used by someone else. That is just the way the internet is.
    12-19-12 07:27 AM
    The uproar is due to people not actually reading the TOS on facebook as these changes to instagram are basically just bringing it into line with them.
    12-19-12 08:39 AM
    The UPROAR was because instagram tried to make a grab for content via a NEW Terms of Service,lol. I mean really think about it, even National Geographic CLOSED their instagram account because of it. PINK has 12 million followers on twitter and called for a boycott of instagram , along with many other celebs, because of the NEW TOS. This whole bondoogle has nothing to do with people not reading the TOS. People obviously read the TOS, that's why instagram has NOW back tracked!
    The uproar is due to people not actually reading the TOS on facebook as these changes to instagram are basically just bringing it into line with them.
    12-19-12 09:22 AM
    You misunderstood my point, the failing to read the TOS happened with facebook since these new TOS for instagram are merely bringing it into line with facebook.
    12-19-12 06:54 PM
    Skeevecr, Has a point. Alot of people are over-reacting and not actually reading the TOS fully and not doing there homework, that and It`s written poorly. I believe the Uproar is very pre-mature. If you really want to know what TOS is trying to explain I explain it to you, else read a blog post from someone with insight.

No, Instagram can't sell your photos: what the new terms of service really mean | The Verge

People can be silly sometimes.
    Xopher likes this.
    12-20-12 01:02 AM
    Instagram released an apology, I guess that's because they had nothing more pressing to do,lol.
    12-20-12 11:12 AM
    So it looks like what they really wanted to say in the ToS was that they are going to start pushing ads into the timeline and are going to make them look just like the photos your friends post (without any identifier to let you know it is an ad).
    12-20-12 03:00 PM
    Or promote other people accounts kind like how Facebook promote brands or suggest friends you may know. Instagram will do the same expect brands like `Nike` could pay more to have the profile advertised a bit more.

This is technically advertisement without your consent.
    12-20-12 04:46 PM
    Or promote other people accounts kind like how Facebook promote brands or suggest friends you may know. Instagram will do the same expect brands like `Nike` could pay more to have the profile advertised a bit more.

This is technically advertisement without your consent.
    Instagram hit with proposed class-action lawsuit | Internet & Media - CNET News Funny quote : FaceBook FB + I Instagram = FBI
    12-25-12 05:37 PM