Most of the people showing on mine, are my friends who switched to iphones but forgot to update their info on facebook and I guess it has their old numbers/phones info. SHRUG

I have one best friend still on BlackBerry- everyone else has shifted off, unfortunately. Even my brother :-(
    Yep. I'm finding this out now. I was hoping it would be like what's app. Where u can see who else has it in your contact list. Just tried 2 people and they are droid still. Thought they might have changed when I saw them in the list.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:34 PM
    Yes, I figured as much . . . I just know most folks forget about their info on FaceBook so none of the suggests for me, will actually work. Being in the arts, EVERYONE used to have a BlackBerry but so many have switched platforms, for whatever personal reasons.
    03-29-13 05:43 PM
    This already exists. Go to BBM > invite > suggested. Everyone of those listed have a blackberry and potentially available to add to BBM. That's what I have been doing this past month.

Posted from my Z10
    Those in the "Suggested" list on mine are some co-workers and LinkedIn contacts that I want nothing to do with. Adding these people to my BBM would make me want to stop using it
    Last edited by CeeXTwo; 03-30-13 at 10:12 AM.
    03-30-13 09:04 AM
    ^ I know that all to well.

Posted from my Z10
    03-30-13 10:04 AM
    BBM is huge for them in emerging markets. People buy BlackBerry Just for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:09 AM
    I disagree. Apple isn't going to give iMessage to everyone. Why should BlackBerry give BBM to everyone. It is a differentiator from the competition. Now maybe they could develop something similar with limited functionality and try to monetize it, but it should not be BBM, and should be a totally separate product/app even for BB devices. Other option would be to work with a third party like Whatsapp, which they are doing.
    I agree, although apple imsg isn't really much when compared to BBM. I think it would be a mistake to give other platforms BBM at least for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 10:20 AM
    I have to disagree with the OP - if BBM went cross platform I would seriously consider a phone like the HTC One over the Z10. As things stand I'm already tempted, and yes, the keyboard and super-cool OS are still pulling me towards the Z10, but if BBM were on both it would be a genuine consideration.
    03-30-13 05:08 PM
    I think the biggest thing you have to consider are the markets that depend on BBM as there biggest selling point. I wouldn't want to disrupt India etc... It's not a good idea to just throw around your most unique feature to everyone. I say keep faith that bb10 will be adopted by millions of new users yearly and we won't have to discuss this ever again.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:31 PM
    Google it's supposed to be unveiling their new messenger "Babble" at Google IO in May. It is supposed to combine Google talk, voice, hangouts and plus. With their own new, feature rich messaging client, I can't really see anybody paying for BBM
    03-30-13 06:34 PM
    I think BBM should stay as is, i.e with with BlackBerry and not be on other OS'. Think about it, iOS don't offer iMessage on other devices, right? BBM is a BlackBerry thing, period, and it should remain that way. If one starts to offer a good enough product onto OTHER devices, how can you then offer the same good consistent service and features? See, you can't...

The most I would ask for is it to continue to develop and offer more features. But, this is all just my opinion...
    03-30-13 07:06 PM
    Except BBM is such a minor feature now, at least from my perspective. BB10 has so much more to offer. BBM is far from the best thing BB10 has to offer which is the entire basis for my point,
    I agree with that 100% having owned z10 for two months....

But to many returning users, as it was for me, BBM is one of the greatest attractions in returning back to blackberry.

I do not believe that they could give blackberry away at catch up period. Imagine all the people were being tempted back because it BBM ....not be tempted back.

Only once this brand is back on its legs can it do something like open up BBM.

BBM has a lot of pull in returning users to this platform.
    03-30-13 07:56 PM
    I disagree. Apple isn't going to give iMessage to everyone.
    They give it away for mac users with mountain lion. And also for ipad users. I have a macbook and use imessage to get in touch with iphone using friends. I get what you mean, it's not open to other mobile platforms, but there is a way to use iMessage without an iPhone.
    03-31-13 12:40 AM
    I feel it is time BBM moved onto other platforms. BBM is a solid messaging system but being limited to Blackberries really limits its use for me. This will undoubtedly change as BB10 picks up speed but I don't think its a feature that pulls in users anymore like it use to and having BBM on other platforms would help get Blackberry back into mind share of everyone. UI and everything should stay as close as possible to the BB10 version, though stuff like screen share shouldn't be included.

Now BBM is a premium product and should have a premium price on other platforms. I'd say 5 or even 10 dollars for it would be considered fair, if pricey, but the thing that has to be remembered here is that this would be primarily a marketing tool and not for pure profit. And I think people will pay it, especially with people (read: friends and family) moving to back to Blackberry with BB10.

Anyways its time BBM started to invade other platforms.
    It already has via BES10 which supports Android and Apple as well. I hope that drives the subscribers no. up..
    03-31-13 12:45 AM
    As to why it's a bad idea to have multiplatform messaging:

A flood of prank iMessage texts shows the app can be crashed easily | Ars Technica
    03-31-13 01:12 AM
39 12