Tile

Little stickie tiles to locate your items if you've lost 'em. Neat idea especially for your keys and wallet. 'though if your phone isn't surgically attached to you and you need to find THAT....

but they're saying Android doesn't have BT 4 support. WE DO!

07-13-13 01:56 AM
    Funny, you put this thread up about the same time my wife was playing a Tile related video. Looks very interesting, but 'hound' wasn'treally the aappropriate word to use. Better that we encourage them vigorously, but politely.
    Lendo likes this.
    07-14-13 07:43 AM
    I just emailed these guys.

Blackberry Faithful - #TeamBlackBerry
    07-15-13 09:39 AM
    Hi, just emailed the Tile guys. Thanks for the link to their site.
    Kind Regards
    05-21-14 10:32 AM
    Emailed.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    05-21-14 11:55 AM
    My exchange is below. She didn't really answer my last question. Does anyone know if she's just making up this difference in bluetooth 4.0 quality?

Nicole (Tile Customer Support)
    May 21 10:24 AM

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your response and for your interest in Tile. At this time, other platforms do not offer the stability that iOS Bluetooth LE does. Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance and have a great day!

Kind regards,?
    Nicole @ Tile

Victoria
    May 21 10:16 AM

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for your prompt reply! I know the BlackBerry Z30 and the BlackBerry Q10 (my personal favorite) are both equipped with Bluetooth 4.0

Purely from a technical curiosity, what is the quality difference between the iPhone bluetooth hardware and the BlackBerry's hardware?

Lastly, thank you for assuring me BlackBerry products are on your roadmap! When you choose to develop I can assure you I will be a customer.

Best,

Victoria Villalobos

www.dogtagdevelopment.org

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10

Nicole (Tile Customer Support)
    May 21 10:07 AM

Hello Victoria,

Thank you for contacting Tile. BlackBerry has recently begun offering Bluetooth 4.0, however development will take longer to launch Tile for BlackBerry, as its Bluetooth 4.0 quality is not at the level or stability we require. It's on our product roadmap!

Thank you for your understanding. Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance.

Best regards,
    Nicole @ Tile

Victoria
    May 21 09:51 AM

Hello! I've been following your company for a while and am so excited you'll be launching this summer. When I first heard of you I had an iPhone. Since then I've explored phones outside of Apple and landed on the new BlackBerry OS. I absolutely love my new BlackBerry and won't returning to iOS but I'd love to use your product at some point. Please consider developing for BB10. It's a niche market for you now, I'm sure, but it will earn you a great and loyal fanbase on which to hopefully test new ideas as well :-)

Best,

Victoria Villalobos
    www.dogtagdevelopment.org

05-21-14 12:39 PM
    Looking forward to having Tile on my lovely Q10
    08-16-14 04:32 AM
    My exchange is below. She didn't really answer my last question. Does anyone know if she's just making up this difference in bluetooth 4.0 quality?

If they're talking about le bluetooth ( Low Energy Bluetooth) then BlackBerry has this. Here is a post on the BlackBerry Dev forums about it:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...s/ta-p/2287377
    08-16-14 11:03 AM
    That's a really great idea for people who can't find things occasionally.

My one concern with the technology is that the really cool feature of other user's devices being used to locate your lost item appears to be covertly. Meaning your device could be used to locate other items w/o your knowledge and conversely that could be used as a system to track you.

As long as there were a way to turn off the service from using your device w/o your knowledge/permission, then I would be gung-ho over it.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    08-16-14 11:55 AM
    Anyone have updates on this app being available ? I've tried to find it on snap and amazon to no avail. Anyone have the.apk ? or. Bar to sideload
    01-18-15 11:40 AM
    I found the apk, but it won't install.
    05-18-15 08:00 PM
    Yeah, I can't find the app in the store either. Nor could I find competitors Chipolo, or PebbleBee. Likely the BlueTooth beacon technology is not supported in Blackberry's Android runtime.
    06-30-15 05:21 PM