Dear RIM employees,

You guys/gals are working your butts off to bring us BB10 and I for one want to say thank you.

I know some days you may hear/see some bad press or posts, yet you continue on, doing what

you do, that being BB10, you are the best and we support you 100% !

Jan 30 2013 , bring it.

Lets see how many thank you's we can send out to these guy/gals, I'm sure they would be thankful.
    01-03-13 07:44 PM
    They continue "doing what they do" because they're getting paid. That is all.
    01-03-13 07:49 PM
    Clearly you don't follow RIM employees on Twitter...
    01-03-13 07:56 PM
    that's cold.

u know it also involve a lot of PASSION to design n create what will be in BB10 later.
    especially the coders n graphic engineers to pour out their ideas n knowledge into BB10.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 07:59 PM
    Clearly you don't follow RIM employees on Twitter...
    Not at the moment no. Point me in the direction of some and I might just do that.

that's cold.

u know it also involve a lot of PASSION to design n create what will be in BB10 later.
    especially the coders n graphic engineers to pour out their ideas n knowledge into BB10.
    It's their job. They get paid. They wouldn't do it for free.
    01-03-13 08:08 PM
    not surprised.....
    01-03-13 08:13 PM
    Having worked in management myself in several touch companies, and having worked closely with RIM now over the last year, I disagree that they are "only doing this to be paid".

Work for wage employees were mostly let go during RIM lay-off sessions. And every person I've worked with at RIM from VP's to Directors to Managers to Contractors have all gone above and beyond their jobs to provide stellar service and support.

Maybe in your line of work there is no passion left - any of these guys could have left RIM for much higher paying work in oil and gas. . They stayed because they care. I'm sure there are bad apples, and RIM has a checkered past, but they have a lot of awesome people who care.

Shout outs to Larry, Tim, Eduardo, Alec, Froggy, and the hundreds of others at RIM who have stepped up to ensure BB10 really shines.

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    01-03-13 08:14 PM
    Not at the moment no. Point me in the direction of some and I might just do that.

Kevin wrote an article on this.
    Must-Follow Research In Motion People on Twitter | CrackBerry
    If you follow them, you should see the passion they have to help anyone with questions.
    EVEN AFTER HOURS, now I'm not sure if RIM pays them to help someone after hours on a social network, but in my eyes, that is dedication.

EDIT: Also, I'm sure that if Alec Saunders saw this on his CrackBerry account, I bet he would be offended by what you have said.
    (P.S: Before you say "how do we even know that is actually Alec?", I asked him on twitter and he confirmed!)
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 01-03-13 at 08:39 PM.
    01-03-13 08:18 PM
    Speaking of which, roverton what's your twitter handle? Mines #kerm_ed (original - I know) and I'm always looking for interesting people to follow.

Nvm, found ya on the link above!

In regards to Alec, I've had him helping me build apps while inbetween flights and when I had concerns about some changes for developers he set aside time to call me to chat about them. I've also talked to him plenty via email helping find contacts in RIM for new developers to get test equipment and info.

His support via twitter is only the tip of the iceberg.

The one user above is choosing to be closed to what these guys are doing and trying to speak on a subject they don't know anything about. Not sure how much time to invest in that kind of conversation - I think they had good intentions (read: old frustrations) but like anything in life - you only get out of something what you put in.

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    robkd, Sansu94, jakie55 and 8 others like this.
    01-03-13 10:28 PM
    A heart felt thanks to all the RIM emplyees! we know what you've gone through to bring BB10 to the world! Success is never easy, if it was we'd all be doing it! 2013 is the year all that work gets thanked! Enjoy it as it thanks keep coming and coming! Jan 30th!
    Yes they are the hardest workers helping out on twitter and they have the most fun. Love what you do!
    01-04-13 01:57 AM
    I often think that RIM fails at hiring the right people for the job
    SixStringMadness likes this.
    01-04-13 03:52 AM
    Except plenty of them are probably working well beyond the hours they are paid for.
    Superfly_FR and TomJasper like this.
    01-04-13 05:25 AM
    +1K

With special mentions (not exclusive) to Tim Neil @brcewane (BBui.js), Adam Stanley @n_adam_stanley (WebWorks/HTML5), Luca Sales @blackBerryluca and Luca Filigheddu @filos (EU software evangelists) and @BlackberryHelp, that - despite my legendary Spanish cow English - have always (Sundays included) answered to any solicitation. I'm nowhere a "big company", but they were 100% supportive.
    01-04-13 05:56 AM
    Great idea @TomJasper. It is well known that some frequent this and other fan sites. Hopefully they stumble upon this thread and see we appreciate their hard work and dedication. So from all of us where I work to them;

Thank you for you dedication and we look forward to the great things that arise in 2013 and beyond from your hard work in 2012 and before!
    01-04-13 06:21 AM
    "A group can work wonders, if nobody cares who gets the credits." In every big turn around event in the past, you see this mechanism. Thats whats happening at RIM now.
    01-04-13 06:34 AM
    Speaking of which, roverton what's your twitter handle? Mines #kerm_ed (original - I know) and I'm always looking for interesting people to follow.
    Glad that you think I'm interesting!
    01-04-13 09:52 AM
    I'm not sure what you do for a living, but you must not like it very much. I'm a retired electronic tech and I can tell you for a fact that being enthused about and involved in your work very much makes a difference in the outcome. Now it's also true that the environment for fostering such enthusiasm is management's to create, but managers are also employees.

What ALL the employees at RIM are trying to do is a pretty huge undertaking... coming back from a major downturn over the years will take some doing.

I, for one, thank them all for their efforts.
    01-04-13 10:36 AM
    Great idea @TomJasper. It is well known that some frequent this and other fan sites. Hopefully they stumble upon this thread and see we appreciate their hard work and dedication. So from all of us where I work to them; Thank you for you dedication and we look forward to the great things that arise in 2013 and beyond from your hard work in 2012 and before!
    We don't need to hope they see this thread, we might as well just twit them "Thank you for your hard work, we really appreciate it", each of us... and do it even more than once Also there is a Facebook page where everyone can leave a thank you note
    SixStringMadness likes this.
    01-04-13 01:15 PM
    I often think that RIM fails at hiring the right people for the job
    Many companies fight this fight. More so I think it's even harder getting them on the right teams, and in the best positions for company and personal success.
    01-04-13 01:20 PM
    We don't need to hope they see this thread, we might as well just twit them "Thank you for your hard work, we really appreciate it", each of us... and do it even more than once Also there is a Facebook page where everyone can leave a thank you note
    Best post ever!
    01-04-13 01:21 PM
    Maybe we should wait until we see the finished product, in millions of owners hands! Otherwise, all of their hard work will have been fruitless.
    01-04-13 03:29 PM