In brief:

Thoughts- OS10 is an admirable but failed attempt by Blackberry to catch up to the competition in areas such as browsing, photo sharing, screen resolution & 3rd party applications. They've done a decent job but at the expense of the super reliable and simple features that their customers have come to expect and love in the previous (old & boring) OS. The problem however is that they will alienate their base of current customers while probably not making big inroads into luring back old ones with the Z10 aka the "Awkardberry". It's kind Blackberry, kinda different, not strong in any dept (I'm sorry but the 'Hub' is essentially the Blackberry key on the Bold held down) and unsure where it fits in. Blackberry/RIM literally SOARED on 3 dynamite features- messaging, physical keyboard & security. Without the BIS (and 3rd party BES at this time) they're like Superman without his powers. Just another mere mortal.

Theories- OS10 is really designed around the Q10 and will be the make or break product for this company. The buzz from the Z10 was intended merely to keep the public & media distracted from the fact that the Q10 is not quite ready for primetime. As a former Z10 owner who found huge flaws with it, I can tell you honestly that I will give the Q10 a fair shot and could probably live with those issues on a real keyboard. The heart of Blackberry for me is the amazing shortcut keys and simplicity of typing etc. I think the Q10 might be able to address those faults and add in the useful new features like a fully functional web broswer, etc. I carry around an ipad almost everywhere I go so I admit that the Blackberry for me is still primary a messaging and telecom device. I bet a huge chunk of their 80 million current customers fall into that camp as well.

Opinions- regardless of whether you like the product or not, do you think that BB10, whether through the Awkardberry or the Q10 or the unannounced models, will survive as an indepenedent company? I am curious about people's opinions here. Try and be unbias and put aside your love or hate for the Z10 when answering.
    02-09-13 02:19 PM
    Thorsten Heins: BlackBerry 10 is more than just a new smartphone. It’s an entirely new way of thinking about BlackBerry – new software powering new devices and new services. While our competitors update their offerings, BlackBerry 10 will be the only mobile platform built from the ground up with the latest technologies in mind – whether it’s mobile video chat or near-field communications that enable you to use your handset like a wallet.
    02-09-13 02:27 PM
    Thorsten Heins: BlackBerry 10 is more than just a new smartphone. It’s an entirely new way of thinking about BlackBerry – new software powering new devices and new services. While our competitors update their offerings, BlackBerry 10 will be the only mobile platform built from the ground up with the latest technologies in mind – whether it’s mobile video chat or near-field communications that enable you to use your handset like a wallet.
    He's the CEO. What do you expect him to say? I ****ed up?
    02-09-13 02:29 PM
    Lol you're right..
    02-09-13 02:35 PM