I was wondering, wont we miss a Homescreen in BB10 ?

I think there should be a place to go to
    when all of the apps are closed,
    a place where there are no rows (of icons,)
    a place where we can look at our cool new wallpapers,
    a place to call Home

Maybe if the Active Frames page was always there and didn't just disappear when the apps are closed, it would create a more streamlined UX, and give us a Homescreen too.
    ubizmo likes this.
    01-11-13 09:50 AM
    can't you just close the active frames... won't that page still exist? :x

If it does go, they should just bring it back... seems odd to have no home screen oh well
    01-11-13 10:01 AM
    When you close all the active frames, it makes sense that that the active frames page would just disappear (though I'm just speculating on that). If nothing else, you can always just admire your background from the lock screen.
    01-11-13 10:07 AM
    The hub is your home screen. :-)
    anon(140126) likes this.
    01-11-13 10:15 AM
    When you close all the active frames, it makes sense that that the active frames page would just disappear (though I'm just speculating on that). If nothing else, you can always just admire your background from the lock screen.
    You are correct if the last active frame is closed the page disappears.
    01-11-13 10:45 AM
    What is the home screen? I don't know if there's really a TRUE home screen on BB10. Just depends on people's use cases.
    01-11-13 12:29 PM
    The lock screen should be a place with the wallpaper of your choice, with minimal notifications to the left. Swipe up and you are back to business.
    01-11-13 02:27 PM
    If you want to look at the wallpaper just lock the phone. The lockscreen displays the wallpaper.

Edit: so basically what Inichols said, lol
    01-11-13 02:35 PM
    Its not just the wallpaper, its about having a HomeScreen.

Its kinda hard to explain but imagine a windows computer that loads directly into "My Computer" and has no concept of Desktop... and no the screensaver doesn't cut it.
    01-11-13 02:58 PM
    Exactly. It still does exist.
    01-11-13 03:02 PM

Its kinda hard to explain but imagine a windows computer that loads directly into "My Computer" and has no concept of Desktop... and no the screensaver doesn't cut it.
    Yeah but that is because it has a launcher on the bottom, and you can load up the screen with launch icons if you choose. These are phones with small displays, not 20+" of monitor real estate to deal with. BBOS always has icons up unless you physically move the icons out of site.
    01-11-13 03:08 PM

Yea, I get where you're coming from...there is no real starting point. Kind of like a house without a foundation.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Qaxl likes this.
    01-11-13 03:19 PM
    isn't the starting point either the active frames (if there is any running apps) or the app grid with the call - search - camera row. I see only two solutions imo: 1.theme or customization of the app grid 2.Customization of the lock screen. Maybe there is wallpaper available on the lock screen. This would be a good place for a widget imo. I think they should allow icons to change size too, small medium large - why not?
    01-11-13 07:41 PM
    We will probably have the ability to pin apps to the Active Frame Screen so that will be your home screen. TBH with BlackBerry 10 the homescreen depends on you and what you use most.
    01-11-13 08:58 PM
    We will probably have the ability to pin apps to the Active Frame Screen so that will be your home screen. TBH with BlackBerry 10 the homescreen depends on you and what you use most.
    Oh I Hope So!
    01-11-13 09:10 PM
    I find the system to be quite infuriating. I've a few issues with active frames in and of themselves, but I'd be willing to get over them if they weren't thrown in my face every time I tried to launch a new app. /rant
    01-11-13 09:29 PM
    In ios you have to leave your home to do other things(third party apps) and then when you are done you return home.

In bb10 instead of leaving home you bring everything into your house. You have your living room (music games video streaming apps) your home office(word editors and other work related tools) and your bed room( sleep mode and alarm clock)

When you use bb10 everything flows like when you walk from room to room in your house so bb10 is your home.
    Masahiro likes this.
    01-12-13 01:02 AM