Lots (including me) have bemoaned the lack of Google Maps and Gmail (syncing past 30 days and therefore absence from Universal Search) on the Z10.

GMail
    Logging into mail.gmail.com is easy enough on the new browser, you can store your password and access the secure login (including 2 factor).

The new browser fits the mailbox REALLY well, and it's just a click to launch the search facility, and it works. Fast.

Google Maps
    Loading maps.google.com again is quick enough. Had an error message about font size but dismissed it, doesn't seem to impact anything. The new browser really shows Google Maps off, the only thing is you can't pinch too zoom, but.. the +/- keys work quick enough. Critically, performing a search is quick and easy.
    02-04-13 03:25 PM
    Good to know. I think the 30-day email is same on PB too?
    02-04-13 04:00 PM
    That is great news TPFI.

IF the browser is really that good, and can render desktop sites with ease, it actually levels the app playing field quite a bit.

If you had bragged on the browser FIRST in your other post, people might not have been so hard on you.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    02-04-13 04:18 PM
    That is great news TPFI.

IF the browser is really that good, and can render desktop sites with ease, it actually levels the app playing field quite a bit.

If you had bragged on the browser FIRST in your other post, people might not have been so hard on you.
    I'm in love with the browser. Got sent a youtube link earlier, one click and BOOM.. full screen super smooth video!
    02-04-13 04:24 PM
    Also, the HTML 5 Web app for Google Transit works decently and Google will improve it further over time as they're trying to be competitive here.

Go to Google Transit on your BlackBerry 10 device and "Add to Homescreen" from the menu in the Browser.

It will complain about "browser's current font size but you can ignore it. You to do need to enable location services and allow google.com to access them.

(The above link is transit. google. com if it doesn't let you see it.)
    torpesco likes this.
    02-04-13 04:39 PM
    Also, the HTML 5 Web app for Google Transit works decently and Google will improve it further over time as they're trying to be competitive here.

Go to Google Transit on your BlackBerry 10 device and "Add to Homescreen" from the menu in the Browser.

It will complain about "browser's current font size but you can ignore it. You to do need to enable location services and allow google.com to access them.

(The above link is transit. google. com if it doesn't let you see it.)
    now THAT is smart! thanks
    02-04-13 05:26 PM
    Sure thing.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-04-13 11:16 PM
    on top of that the Google maps app can be sideloaded on to BB10 and it offers all the nice features aside from street view and you can store maps for use offline.
    raptorfan likes this.
    02-05-13 07:39 AM
    This is great to know.

I'm picking up my Z10 today after 3yrs with IOS and I really would like to have a fully functioning google maps app at some point.

I am confident that google will release a BB10 app if the devices sell enough (which I expect they will).
    bluetroll likes this.
    02-05-13 08:50 AM
    One can sideload google maps onto the Z10. It works great.

Gmail in the hub and as an account on the Z10 seems limited to 30 days and no ability to search your previous emails. Very sad.

However, add a link to gmail to your apps and all your stuff is there and it works pretty good too.
    bluetroll likes this.
    02-19-13 03:33 PM