I like to share my experience in case of BB doubters out there.

It's well known that Android and iOS have become the most 2 popular OS, but not the best for sure. Few days ago I decided to test Android in one of its best smartphone, with really amazing specs. This is my personal view of pros and cons:

Android Pros:
    - The most used OS in the world, which makes it to prevail for some quite time
    - It works seemingly with all the excellent Google services
    - The hardware specs of their high rank brands are really impressive
    - Big App ecosystem

Android Cons:
    - Terribly disorganized, incomplete...etc bottom line: non-efficient, non-reliable
    - Highly insecure: you and your personal data are always registered by almost any app
    - The high specs tend to spend the battery in few hours of activity
    - The interconnectivity is not as good, reliable, quick and complete as in BB

Blackberry is making a huge effort to survive the consequences of past bad decisions as not giving much importance to Ecosystem, low specs hardware..etc, but I'm pretty confident that it will prevail, simply cause the company is addressing its "cons" in good way and its system is still the best smartphone OS ever.
    JG_Agustin and Calvin Chin like this.
    03-07-15 08:19 AM
    Thanks for the thread op. Good points.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 08:46 AM
    I've wanted to test drive an Android phone for the longest time. I have used my mother's Galaxy Tab 4 and it's a dog's breakfast. It's not intuitive at all and if it didn't have the ability to play downloaded TV shows, I'd recommend an iPad.

But back to the Android vs BB10 debate, BB10 is the most user friendly mobile OS, period.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:03 AM
    You're not really doing BlackBerry fans any favors.
    Give it at least a week.

What would you say to those that gave up after trying BlackBerry 10 for only 3 days?

Posted via CB10
    Coffee Shampoo likes this.
    03-07-15 09:07 AM
    Android is higly customizable when BlackBerry 10 is not. I'll agree that out of the box BB10 will be more 'useful' and efficent but customize the Android OS and it can be very powerful too.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:15 AM
    You're not really doing BlackBerry fans any favors.
    Give it at least a week.

What would you say to those that gave up after trying BlackBerry 10 for only 3 days?

Posted via CB10
    Depending on your learning curve velocity. In my case were not necessary 4 days more of painful testing
    03-07-15 10:48 AM
    Android is higly customizable when BlackBerry 10 is not. I'll agree that out of the box BB10 will be more 'useful' and efficent but customize the Android OS and it can be very powerful too.

Posted via CB10
    Your point is valid, I know Android can be very customizable with powerful tweaks. Initially I think you had to "Root" your device ( is giving adm permissions to be more able of actions ) But I understand this can be very dangerous given the great quantity of malware, spyware for Android..which can easily do very harm to you. Other obvious point is that in order to "Customize" as you wish to get a better, reliable, organized and neat OS you would need a lot of specialized knowledge and time...which most working people don't have. So as a very well thought tool, there's nothing as BB 10
    Last edited by pstrusi; 03-07-15 at 11:47 AM.
    03-07-15 10:57 AM
    Your point is valid, I know Android can be very customizable with powerful tweaks. Initially I think you had to "Root" your device ( is giving adm permissions to be more able of actions ) But I understand this can be very dangerous given the great quantity of malware, spyware for Android..which can easily do very harm to you. Other obvious point is that in order to "Customize" as you wish to get a better, reliable, organized and neat OS you would need a lot of specialized knowledge and time...which most working people don't have. So as a very well thought tool, there's nothing as BB 10
    I'll agree with the points you brought. Remember that most malware comes from users' lack of expertise and when they go (or download) to sites they shouldn't go to.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:32 PM
    I like to share my experience in case of BB doubters out there.

It's well known that Android and iOS have become the most 2 popular OS, but not the best for sure. Few days ago I decided to test Android in one of its best smartphone, with really amazing specs. This is my personal view of pros and cons:

Android Pros:
    - The most used OS in the world, which makes it to prevail for some quite time
    - It works seemingly with all the excellent Google services
    - The hardware specs of their high rank brands are really impressive
    - Big App ecosystem

Android Cons:
    - Terribly disorganized, incomplete...etc bottom line: non-efficient, non-reliable
    - Highly insecure: you and your personal data are always registered by almost any app
    - The high specs tend to spend the battery in few hours of activity
    - The interconnectivity is not as good, reliable, quick and complete as in BB

Blackberry is making a huge effort to survive the consequences of past bad decisions as not giving much importance to Ecosystem, low specs hardware..etc, but I'm pretty confident that it will prevail, simply cause the company is addressing its "cons" in good way and its system is still the best smartphone OS ever.
    Just curious, what Android phone did you try out?

Posted from a D618
    03-08-15 06:20 PM
    What a powerful Testimonial. I'll go dump my Android phone now. By the way, how do I load my banking app into BB10. BlackBerry World doesn't have it.
    03-08-15 06:36 PM
    What a powerful Testimonial. I'll go dump my Android phone now. By the way, how do I load my banking app into BB10. BlackBerry World doesn't have it.
    You do so by installing SNAP http://redlightoflove.com/snap/

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    03-08-15 06:41 PM
    Excellent. Now what about the macros in my phone. I use Tasker which turns off my Wifi automatically when I leave the house and turns it back on when I return. Can I use SNAP for that?
    03-08-15 06:48 PM
    Excellent. Now what about the macros in my phone. I use Tasker which turns off my Wifi automatically when I leave the house and turns it back on when I return. Can I use SNAP for that?
    Blackberry does that automatically. No WiFi symbol when out of range as soon as I'm home, it's back.

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    03-08-15 07:01 PM
    Power Tools does a great job here....

There are other amazing apps that make so many little tweaks easy as pie...

Regarding your issue:

There's not OS so excellent as Blackberry 10..returning from my 3 days with Android, who's with me?-img_20150309_000516.png
    There's not OS so excellent as Blackberry 10..returning from my 3 days with Android, who's with me?-img_20150309_000616.png
    There's not OS so excellent as Blackberry 10..returning from my 3 days with Android, who's with me?-img_20150309_000621.png

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    03-08-15 07:08 PM
    Blackberry does that automatically. No WiFi symbol when out of range as soon as I'm home, it's back.

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    What about my other macros like automatic text message to certain people in my family when I arrive at home. I guess what I'm getting at is if Tasker can automate a lot of my tasks, why do I need to switch to BB10 if it works?
    03-08-15 07:11 PM
    Power Tools does a great job here....

There are other amazing apps that make so many little tweaks easy as pie...

Regarding your issue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150309_000516.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	594.2 KB 
ID:	339842

Name:	IMG_20150309_000616.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	339843

Name:	IMG_20150309_000621.png 
Views:	267 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	339844

Posted via CB10
    So BB10 can do all the stuff Tasker does. But why would I switch just to be able to do the same stuff and get less specs and features and model selection and product support in BB10 phones?
    03-08-15 07:14 PM
    What about my other macros like automatic text message to certain people in my family when I arrive at home. I guess what I'm getting at is if Tasker can automate a lot of my tasks, why do I need to switch to BB10 if it works?
    You don't *need* to switch to BB10. But you might *want" to stay if you do switch
    03-08-15 07:24 PM
    Yeah it's true. Android with quad or 8 cores is a waste of resources... look at BlackBerry! Dual core is faster than Samsung quad core or Exynos Processor in our daily task.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:31 PM
    Customizations are good.. but if users messed it up. They will just said that oh, this is causing problems etc. So the best is use what BlackBerry provide. Just like the one that ios is restricting what their users can do.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:35 PM
    So BB10 can do all the stuff Tasker does. But why would I switch just to be able to do the same stuff and get less specs and features and model selection and product support in BB10 phones?
    It really depends on what you use you phone for. If you use it for communication, go BlackBerry. If you spend most your time in apps, go iPhone or Apple. If you want to sync your phone heavily with a Windows pc, go windows.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:47 PM
    There are just 2 phones I truly like: Note4 from Samsung and BlackBerry Passport.

My brother has the Note4 and I have the Passport.

Whenever we meet, we try to find something, the other can't or can only do it in a slower manner.... So far I am winning constantly.

He would not change since he loves using the pen to write notes and I would not want to lose my amazing Keyboard.

It is only about choice and what works best for you.

BlackBerry owned up and is leading by example, providing all Software cross platform to all devices.

John Chen has written an open letter regarding Net neutrality and how it is a similar issue within App neutrality.

As long as you don't see yourself wanting a keyboard or an intuitive, powerful OS, than you don't need to choose BlackBerry.

All you need to do is wait a little to be able to use the awesome Hub of ours on the device of your choice.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:55 PM
    Just curious, what Android phone did you try out?

Posted from a D618
    In my home were tried out the Galaxy note 4 and the Motorola Moto X 2nd Generation. Mine was the Moto, but often I could contrast "evaluation aspects" in the Galaxy as well. It was a good enough trial to know.
    03-09-15 04:23 AM
    Well, it seems pretty obvious that you're an intelligent and sarcastic Android fan. After my brief and painful experience with your "excellent" Android OS, it's not surprise to me to see you hanging around in BB forums, contrasting and comparing them. BB OS 10 is simply the best "work beast" OS ever ( efficient, secure, accurate, reliable ), like it or not.

Android is Ok for the big masses who:
    - Don't need to be efficient, quick and accurate at work in a secure way.
    - Neglect and don't care about security features.
    - Prefer a smartphone to use mainly multimedia for entertainment and social network
    - Initially want to enjoy a better and big ecosystem ( but now that's changing for BB )

It's ok there are several mobile platforms, so anybody can chose what suits better according to needs and opinions. Android might be in a future into a better system, it certainly needs a lot of work; meanwhile BB rules!
    Last edited by pstrusi; 03-09-15 at 05:47 AM.
    03-09-15 04:54 AM