Hello crackberrians,
    I am looking for a Dicom viewer that works on my Z30. I have tried Dicom droid, endeavour and a few other Android apps, but none of them works on my Z30. Is there anyone who succeeded into viewing Dicom files on BlackBerry os10?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:50 PM
    hmmm.... what is the issue with the android versions? what os version do you have?

did you try http://www.dicomsolutions.com/mopal-...-dicom-viewer/
    03-06-15 04:28 PM
    Well, I didn't succeed into opening an examination using Endeavor or Dicom Droid, the only ones that installed correctly. The rest...just a black screen when opening the app
    MOpal is not a worldwide available comercial solution, it is for connecting mobile devices to their workstations (PACS). I need an app to view DICOM files that I receive via Cloud, mail, PACS...
    03-07-15 01:18 AM
    Well, I didn't succeed into opening an examination using Endeavor or Dicom Droid, the only ones that installed correctly. The rest...just a black screen when opening the app
    MOpal is not a worldwide available comercial solution, it is for connecting mobile devices to their workstations (PACS). I need an app to view DICOM files that I receive via Cloud, mail, PACS...
    I also have been looking for this. They say that one of our device market target is the medical professionals, but we can't find any native apps for this. ==
    03-07-15 01:37 AM
    It's quite frustating, iOS has Osirix, for Android there are quite a few as well, but none for BlackBerry. I am willing to pay for such an app and I think I'm not the only one. Any developer reading this?
    03-08-15 12:34 AM
    Not sure if it's any help but, when the Passport was released by BlackBerry, Chen talked about working with the developers of Nil to assure it's function on the Passport, and touted the benefits of work wide. Maybe it also works on the z30? If not, maybe time for you to upgrade...

http://www.clarontech.com/nil-univer...int-viewer.php
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/08/passport-xray/
    03-08-15 05:37 AM
    Nil is a stupid app made by amateurs. Nobody knows how it works, how to sign up, how to connect. Their demo server is in German and instructions how to sign up are nowhere to be found. When loading demo images you have to scroll right and left to access settings, totally lame, it's like a school project for a bunch of IT students.
    I am willing to pay for an app like mobile Osirix for example, to be able to view DICOM images located anywhere (server, local folder, cloud) .

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:55 PM
    Nil is a stupid app made by amateurs. Nobody knows how it works, how to sign up, how to connect. Their demo server is in German and instructions how to sign up are nowhere to be found. When loading demo images you have to scroll right and left to access settings, totally lame, it's like a school project for a bunch of IT students.
    I am willing to pay for an app like mobile Osirix for example, to be able to view DICOM images located anywhere (server, local folder, cloud) .
    I'm getting involved in something that I know little to nothing about here, but I have to say that I'm a little surprised at your tone.

Nil was presented by Chen as a flagship Passport application and that is to me effectively an endorsement. Nil is provided by Claron which appears to be a Canadian company, however, according to their website (and confirmed on Lexmark's) they have been bought by Lexmark International for $37 million; for "amateurs" quite a sum.

Why their demo server is in German is beyond me if they are Canadian. Are you sure you haven't missed a configuration option?
    You say you couldn't find instructions on how to sign up, but you imply that you were still able to use the demo, but it was lame?
    Have you been able to try it or not, because it sounds to me like you haven't given it a chance.
    Have you tried to contact Claron the developer? You can do so in the Nil page in the BB World app.

If you still want an alternative, then I would suggest contacting the developers of your next favourite Android app and ask them to port it to BB10 as an Android Port. Based on the complexities of DICOM, likely associated costs and the medical sector requirements in general, I suspect a native BB app will not appear in the foreseeable future due to lack of economic viability.
    03-08-15 02:10 PM
    I think you speak of something you don't know much about.
    You can find the answer to all your questions by simply installing and running Nil, it takes a few minutes. You can read the reviews as well while installing it. Concerning my tone - I maintain it, a stupid useless app (or just a try) made by amateurs, maybe just to make BlackBerry seem adequate for medical use. DICOM is a standard, source codes are available to manipulate such images any way you want it, they are less complex than raw images from a digital camera. There are no special requirements or additional costs, Dicom is Dicom no matter the machine that generates it, there are plenty of simple viewers free or very cheap for windows, Android, iOS. Anyone investing in such an app would recuperate the investment, I'm not the only radiologist or doctor willing to pay for an app that allows viewing Dicom images on the phone when my opinion is asked and I'm far from my computer. It doesn't have to be FDA approved.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:44 PM
    I think you speak of something you don't know much about.
    Yes.

You can find the answer to all your questions by simply installing and running Nil, it takes a few
    when my opinion is asked and I'm far from my computer. It doesn't have to be FDA approved.
    Ok.
    03-08-15 03:57 PM
    MITK pocket works without a hitch on my Passport on the latest OS.... did you try that one?

Mobile viewer is working as well.

I am running 10.3.1 and have no issues so far....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Warlack; 03-08-15 at 05:03 PM.
    03-08-15 04:42 PM
    Yes.

Ok.
    Thanks so much for your help though!
    03-08-15 04:59 PM
    Meddiff works as well. Endeavor as well

Please test and report back.
    Especially your OS version as well. 10.3.1 has changed the compatibility a lot.

Pretty much just Google play services is missing now

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:10 PM
    I have 10.3.1 and tried Endeavour, at first it seemed to work, but after 20 minutes it loaded only 10% of images on my Z30 and after restarting the app it didn't load anything, I will try the other apps.
    Thanks for the other 2 suggested apps, I am installing them right now!

LE: none of them is able to load images from folder? They only work with PACS?
    Mostly I receive examinations made in other hospitals via file transfer sites or could services.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:22 AM
    What a pain.... I will have a look.... Dicom viewer seems like a pain, since I cannot find the folder with sample files... but it kinda seems to work?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 01:38 AM
    Sample images are on their server, not in a local folder.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:13 AM
    I have downloaded some dicom samples myself to help with your search for an app that works (=

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:39 AM