Hello,

I have a Z10 (STL100-3) and a Z30 (STA100-5), both on T-Mobile. Both phone were "stuck" in version 10.2.xxx.

Last week my Z30 died (NAND corrupted) and I bought a new one. When I received it, I was able to update to 10.3 before it downloaded the location and carrier specific updates. It functions perfectly fine with T-Mobile.

My question is now, is there a way to force my Z10 to also update to 10.3? What would be the least "invasive"/complicated way to do so?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about software updates.

Thanks a lot
    03-26-15 11:05 PM
    If your Z10 was purchased from ShopBB or is factory unlocked, try taking out your SIM card and checking for an update. However, if you bought it from TMO (i.e. it's "branded") then there's a bit more work.

The easiest way of getting the update on a branded Z10 is using a Canadian SIM card (provided your Z10 is unlocked,) but it isn't very convenient unless you happen to have a Canadian SIM card.

The easiest and most convenient way IMO of getting the update loaded on a branded Z10 would be via Sachesi.
    MetalJaxx likes this.
    03-26-15 11:17 PM
    I removed my sim and factory reset my Q10 in order to get the update after waiting until mid march. Don't put the sim back just join your WiFi network. Of course I did buy mine from shopblackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 11:49 PM
    If your Z10 was purchased from ShopBB or is factory unlocked, try taking out your SIM card and checking for an update. However, if you bought it from TMO (i.e. it's "branded") then there's a bit more work.

The easiest way of getting the update on a branded Z10 is using a Canadian SIM card (provided your Z10 is unlocked,) but it isn't very convenient unless you happen to have a Canadian SIM card.

The easiest and most convenient way IMO of getting the update loaded on a branded Z10 would be via Sachesi.
    How would I find out if it was factory unlocked. I bought the phone used. Removing the SIM did not work. It's telling me the phone is up to date.
    If Sachesi is the best option for me. Would you have a link for me that gives more information about the process? Will I be able to update the phone or would it be a complete reload resulting in a blank phone?
    03-27-15 01:30 AM
    Would you have a link for me that gives more information about the process? Will I be able to update the phone or would it be a complete reload resulting in a blank phone?
    There's a Sticky thread in this Forum. Should be at the top. You will need to use your computer to perform the update.

Sachesi is totally AWESOME.

� T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 �
    03-27-15 10:43 AM
    How would I find out if it was factory unlocked. I bought the phone used.
    When you bought it, was it unlocked? If not, then it's definitely not factory unlocked.

But if was unlocked, did the seller advertise it as factory unlocked? I'm guessing no.

Did you get the box the phone came in? Does it have any carrier branding on it? If so, then it is not factory unlocked. Alternatively, if there's branding on the phone itself (like an AT&T logo,) then it's not factory unlocked either.

If Sachesi is the best option for me. Would you have a link for me that gives more information about the process? Will I be able to update the phone or would it be a complete reload resulting in a blank phone?
    I have never used Sachesi myself but I believe it's a non-destructive updating method, i.e. it does not wipe your phone. It's still a good idea to back up your phone though, should something go wrong. Here is a guide for Sachesi: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

Keep in mind that once you load a 10.3.1 on your TMO phone(s), you will lose WiFi calling. Don't know if that's a consideration in your case, but it is in mine which is why I don't use Sachesi.
    03-27-15 12:45 PM
    When i was on 10.2 ota via phone didn't work , when conected via usb and BB Link update arrives ?!?!?!
    03-27-15 01:42 PM
    How would I find out if it was factory unlocked. I bought the phone used. Removing the SIM did not work. It's telling me the phone is up to date.
    Settings - About, you will find it there.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 02:14 PM
    When you bought it, was it unlocked? If not, then it's definitely not factory unlocked.
    But if was unlocked, did the seller advertise it as factory unlocked? I'm guessing no.
    Did you get the box the phone came in? Does it have any carrier branding on it? If so, then it is not factory unlocked. Alternatively, if there's branding on the phone itself (like an AT&T logo,) then it's not factory unlocked either.
    No box, unfortunately. I ran Sachesi. I chose the correct country and carrier code. All that showed up was 10.2.1
    I can't believe there is no 10.3 available for Z10 using T-Mobile. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: ah ok I think I get it, since I selected T-Mobile it will of course not show any newer updates since they have not been released by them. So what should I select to find the right version that will still work with T-Mobile?
    Attached Thumbnails Is there a way to force a software update?-snap-2015-03-27-20.00.49.png  
    03-27-15 10:04 PM
    EDIT: ah ok I think I get it, since I selected T-Mobile it will of course not show any newer updates since they have not been released by them.
    Exactly.

So what should I select to find the right version that will still work with T-Mobile?
    For the Z10, you can pick any country+carrier code for the STL100-2/3/4. -4 you're not going to find anything for either, but if I were doing this, I would go with a -3 carrier. And those would be your Canadian carriers: Telus/Koodo/Bell/Virgin Mobile Canada/Rogers/Fido/Wind Mobile.
    03-28-15 01:30 AM