Hi Crackberry citizens,

I was wondering if there is a way to automate a set of tasks linked to Profiles? For example, at night I would want to allow phone calls only (thats possible ok), then switch off 3G mobile data and keep 2G active just to receive emails and stuff, switch off wifi, change email fetch to 2hour interval and push email off.

THings like these were possible in android with an app called Tasker. It had so many triggers you could play around with. Is there anything close to this possible? I understand that this is not an open OS so there will be API restrictions.

cheers
    01-11-15 03:56 PM
    Check out Power Tools in BlackBerry World. It will help with some of those things. - Power Tools updated with new features and support for the Blackberry Passport | CrackBerry.com
    chaihg likes this.
    01-11-15 04:01 PM
    Thanks I just tried it out. Also accidentally caught this app called "Action Trigger" which is in beta but its exactly what I was looking for. Only thing I hope is that non-coders like me might find it difficult to figure this out. The app involves some amount of complex rules unlike Tasker
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    01-12-15 11:32 AM