What i'm referring to is on android there's a native setting for VOIP/SIP setting.
    By using the same dialpad(without having to open an app) you can call using your sim card or your voip number.

If there is one on blackberry, where could i find it?
    Thanks
    12-06-14 05:35 PM
    Mostly not what you are looking for, but there's always Taki Taki. SIP softphone . Still a tad sad it's not being implemented natively.
    12-06-14 08:54 PM
    What i'm referring to is on android there's a native setting for VOIP/SIP setting.
    By using the same dialpad(without having to open an app) you can call using your sim card or your voip number.

If there is one on blackberry, where could i find it?
    Thanks
    I haven't found one. So I've resorted to Bria and/or Taki.
    That is one feature I miss from the Symbian platform. It doesn't make sense that it is missing if BlackBerry phones are meant for business.
    12-07-14 01:03 AM
    SIP.fm looks like a viable native option, and it's free! It's not the same as the baked in Android settings for SIP (which I'd also love on my Q5), but the app gets solid reviews in BB World.

I'm setting up with a VoIP service over the next weeks; will give this app a shot on my Q5 and post results/my impressions soon.
    02-25-15 09:42 AM
    SIP.fm looks like a viable native option, and it's free! It's not the same as the baked in Android settings for SIP (which I'd also love on my Q5), but the app gets solid reviews in BB World.

I'm setting up with a VoIP service over the next weeks; will give this app a shot on my Q5 and post results/my impressions soon.
    That's a nice app but it is not a native option as you say. A native dialer uses the phone's dialer instead of a separate app.
    02-25-15 09:45 PM
    Sorry for confusion. In this case I meant a "native" app, meaning designed for the OS (not an Android port). I think you're looking for a baked in/integrated setting. Unfortunately BB10 doesn't have a built in SIP option, and Taki isn't free/has mixed reviews. At least SIP.fm is free and gets fairly consistent reviews. In my limited testing using a free SIP account with Getonsip, I would agree that it's a great option for BB10.
    02-26-15 07:10 AM

Zrtp and tls?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-26-15 07:16 AM
    The blackberry priv has this feature
    02-28-17 03:32 PM
    Tried CSipSimple and works fine also it's free

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 02:30 PM
    I haven't found one. So I've resorted to Bria and/or Taki.
    That is one feature I miss from the Symbian platform. It doesn't make sense that it is missing if BlackBerry phones are meant for business.
    Symbian was way ahead of its time. There are still features that are missing from modern Android that were on Symbian in 2008

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 10:23 PM