I have been lusting after the Z10 and Q10 ever since they were first revealed, and I've been dying to get one of them, but I've been stuck in a contract. My Bold 9900 is still great and all, but I'm dying for some BB10 goodness. Since my contract is due to be up in July, I'm just wondering whether or not I should go for it and get either the Z10 or Q10 or stick it out and wait for the next flagship device. Both devices are already great, of course, but I'd still love to get my hands on a BB10 device with updated internal specs, like a quad-core processor, for example.

What would be the advantages/disadvantages or getting a BB10 device right away VS holding out for a newer one? (Besides the obvious "not having the newer device" or "having to wait")
    05-19-13 06:04 PM
    I think the quadcore aristo or whatever the name is going to be.

4,67-5 inch screen.

Quadcore krait.
    2gb ram
    Same camera
    They planned 720p but I hope they will use full hd in that phone

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:08 PM
    I think the quadcore aristo or whatever the name is going to be.

4,67-5 inch screen.

Quadcore krait.
    2gb ram
    Same camera
    They planned 720p but I hope they will use full hd in that phone

Posted via CB10
    Yeah if it's 720p ill be very dissapointed and definitely won't get it.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-19-13 06:12 PM
    Well the reason for 720p was because they wanted use as new standard but that was before the z10, q10 came out.. now they should move on to full hd and focus on even higher than fullhd

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:14 PM
    I would wait for the next one, so atleast BB10 will be more established than it already is by that time.
    05-19-13 06:18 PM
    I would wait for the next one, so atleast BB10 will be more established than it already is by that time.
    That's what I was leaning toward, sounds like a good plan

I think the quadcore aristo or whatever the name is going to be. 4,67-5 inch screen. Quadcore krait. 2gb ram Same camera They planned 720p but I hope they will use full hd in that phone Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what came to mind while I typed this up. If the Aristo turns out to be real, I will be all over it for sure.
    05-19-13 07:33 PM
    Do you really need quad cores in a bloody phone?

No wait...really think before you knee jerk.

The Aristo, to me, is nothing more than an attempt to silence spec criticism from Droidies.

Put it this way...many full desktop applications don't even utilize quad cores yet. Seems premature that manufactures are starting to put them in phones.

Just food for thought. My Z10 is more than satisfying me.

~STV
    05-19-13 08:00 PM
    Do you really need quad cores in a bloody phone?

No wait...really think before you knee jerk.

The Aristo, to me, is nothing more than an attempt to silence spec criticism from Droidies.

Put it this way...many full desktop applications don't even utilize quad cores yet. Seems premature that manufactures are starting to put them in phones.

Just food for thought. My Z10 is more than satisfying me.

~STV
    Of course the Z10 runs splendidly with its dual-core, and I'm perfectly happy with that. However, today's phone market seems to be more about what is written on a specs sheet than it is about how the phone actually works. I'm content with whatever makes the Z10 run to the best of its ability, but others might overlook it simply because other phones offer "more". Of course it sounds stupid, but to be honest, so are most of the people buying phones today.
    irweezyy likes this.
    05-19-13 10:01 PM
    If BB10 runs on a quad core base, it will be lightning fast
    05-20-13 06:57 AM
    They should make a note 2 /s5 beater.

The os from BlackBerry is better, it does more with less power.

So with fullhd, quadcore, 5 inch, people don't see a reason to buy a note or s5 or anything in that way.

Maybe also upgrade from 2 till 3/4gb ram and make an 16/32 gb version or just 16gb and make sure it supports 64gb memory card

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:29 AM
    No need for this quad core crap. BB10 just doesn't need it

Posted via Vader10
    05-20-13 11:02 AM
    Of course the Z10 runs splendidly with its dual-core, and I'm perfectly happy with that. However, today's phone market seems to be more about what is written on a specs sheet than it is about how the phone actually works. I'm content with whatever makes the Z10 run to the best of its ability, but others might overlook it simply because other phones offer "more". Of course it sounds stupid, but to be honest, so are most of the people buying phones today.
    If I remember correctly, they benchmarked both the USA vs international version of the Samsung Galaxy SIII phones and the International quad core version did not impress.

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    05-20-13 12:12 PM
    The z10 or q10 is definitely an improvement over the bold 9900 and bb7. That much is true, I have both but I prefer the z mainly for its screen size.

There will likely be a new flagship but not until later this year as blackberry tries to catch up with hardware advancement - quad core, storage, battery life, camera and etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:25 PM
    Aristro specs seemed to be upgraded or at least that is the rumor.

Specs of the rumored phablet:

4.65? Super AMOLED touchscreen
    Quad-core 1.9 GHz Qualcomm Krait processors
    4GB of RAM
    1080x1920 resolution
    3,000mAh battery

Out for the holidays. Again this all just rumors.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:35 PM
    All sounds nice. Maybe a bump in the camera. The 8mp is nice, but a device like the rumoured Aristo should get like 10mp.

The nice picture clarity is great, but would there be a way to dummy down the pics so they aren't so big when you go to send them, and same with videos.
    I know even iPhone with their so called "high" mp camera doesn't send then pucs or vid at such high file sizes...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:46 PM
    You know, people said the same thing about computers but it's gotten to the point where you really have to do your research before you actually buy something... yeah dual core processors were the rage in 2005 then it became quad cores... You really can't go off that kind of statistic these days unless you really know what's under the hood and what your purpose for it is.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:07 PM