Is there anyway to get the Swype Keyboard or similar on BB10 (Swype | Type Fast, Swype Faster)

Google have have even included their own swipe keyboard in their native keyboard (Google's Awesome Native Keyboard Is Now an Android App)

Keyboards is what has made Blackberry famous in the past, surely they can create this option to allow users to really excel.

The current Blackberry/SwiftKey one at the moment is ok, but it is still not as fast as swipe style keyboards...

Please advise/help/develop

Cheers
    07-22-15 08:04 PM
    Well, we can't do anything about it, no public Third Party Keyboard API, which is a normal story with BlackBerry 10
    07-23-15 07:02 AM
    Is there anyway to get the Swype Keyboard or similar on BB10 (Swype | Type Fast, Swype Faster)

Google have have even included their own swipe keyboard in their native keyboard (Google's Awesome Native Keyboard Is Now an Android App)

Keyboards is what has made Blackberry famous in the past, surely they can create this option to allow users to really excel.

The current Blackberry/SwiftKey one at the moment is ok, but it is still not as fast as swipe style keyboards...

Please advise/help/develop

Cheers
    Keep practising with BlackBerry keyboard. Soon you'll forget about Swype.
    07-23-15 08:12 AM
    Keep practising with BlackBerry keyboard. Soon you'll forget about Swype.
    That wasn't my experience. After seven months using the BB10 vkb, I still preferred either Swype or pkb. At the moment, BB10 is the only platform that doesn't offer something like Swype. That suggests a real demand. I don't think BlackBerry should, yet again, operate in denial of clear market demands. Even iPhone finally caved on this and allows alternate keyboards, with Swype.

When it first appeared, Swype was a novelty. Today it's something a lot of vkb users demand, which is why AOSP and SwiftKey, and WP, and many others now support gesture typing. It's a bad idea for BlackBerry to ignore this.
    07-23-15 08:28 AM
    That wasn't my experience. After seven months using the BB10 vkb, I still preferred either Swype or pkb. At the moment, BB10 is the only platform that doesn't offer something like Swype. That suggests a real demand. I don't think BlackBerry should, yet again, operate in denial of clear market demands. Even iPhone finally caved on this and allows alternate keyboards, with Swype.

When it first appeared, Swype was a novelty. Today it's something a lot of vkb users demand, which is why AOSP and SwiftKey, and WP, and many others now support gesture typing. It's a bad idea for BlackBerry to ignore this.
    Fully agree... if only blackberry would listen
    07-26-15 03:11 PM