Is there any way to stop linking my contacts with facebook, twitter, bbm contacts? the auto match is not accurate. i found different persons linked in one contact.
    Thx
    05-29-13 05:14 PM
    Same issue. I have disabled FaceBook and Twitter contacts, yet I get issues when I try to save contacts with the same name.
    05-30-13 07:29 AM
    Cant you just go to the contacts app and remove the links from the contacts that you dont want?
    05-30-13 03:08 PM
    Cant you just go to the contacts app and remove the links from the contacts that you dont want?
    That would be easy if I don't have a remarkable big number of contacts due to my job.
    The logic should be I can choose to link or not like other platforms and not being forced, any way this is only one of several bugs in this device, I think it will rest in its box till blackberry rectify this OS.
    05-30-13 07:51 PM
    I can't help you, but holy hell the linking feature pisses me off. As you mentioned it should be an optional, 'after the fact' thing, and we should be able to choose what to link. 90% of my friends have outdated phone numbers on facebook, and I can't overwrite them. I actually re did my whole phone book from scratch, with fb contacts disabled - but it still wants to default to the fb profiles and not my manual entries.

Beyond frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 08:32 PM
    Frankly speaking I avoid as much as I can criticizing blackberry here because some of the community take it personally as if I am insulting them personally, because I am BB user since 6 or 7 years now, I bought the Q10 based on my experience with how BB are taking care of each and every personal preference in the settings and device options, but I was shocked BB reversed their OS to several years back.

I have to admit the hardware is more than perfect in terms of design and quality, as for the software, it is disaster, we as BB users were usually laughing when Apple launch a media campaign for very old features like when they launched multimedia messages for example because this feature was already there for years, in the case of bb10, we went back more than this by ages.

Please don't tell me the OS is not mature enough, sorry if not mature don't release it, (I can consider that new OS will have limitations in 3rd parties apps which is normal, not fatal bugs in the core OS), because of this contacts issue, the whatsapp now showing chats with wrong names and I sent a message to a wrong person, for me the BB brand was always reliability, securing my info, stability...etc, that's why the BB was always my primary device, i change other devices beside it but the BB is always with me, actually now I will use my iPhone till the OS gets "Mature" because unfortunately I sold my 9900 when I bought this piece of J****K called Q10.

Sample of bugs: All my contacts are messed, wrong photos on wrong contacts, old mobile numbers from facebook, sometimes whatsapp chats are without names, some of the SMSs are without sender, BBM search is *******, activeysnc issues, official twitter app needs to sign in each time, sharing through bbm or whatsapp sometimes goes to black screen, browser homepage keeps getting history even u change the settings, sluggish settings app, and a lot more that I don't recall now.

Sample of the missing basic features that should have been with the initial release because that is what we as BB users got used to: profiles are not detailed as before, no simple battery percentage in status bar, no headless apps support till now, no Auto On/Off any more, no choice for black/white themes, keyboard speed dials needs several steps to dial (don't know how named speed dials)....etc (you can read that most of the threads here are complaints)

Finally I am not complaining here, I am just sharing my frustration, so please don't tell me why don't you go for iPhone or android because I am already using both of them too.
    PS: I tried all the official and leaked OS.
    05-30-13 09:24 PM
    That would be easy if I don't have a remarkable big number of contacts due to my job.
    The logic should be I can choose to link or not like other platforms and not being forced, any way this is only one of several bugs in this device, I think it will rest in its box till blackberry rectify this OS.
    Your contacts just linked automatically?
    I know on my Z10 it doesn't work like that, not sure if it's possibly a known issue on the Q10.
    When you logged into those apps for the first time did have the option to sync your contacts checked?
    Also in your Contacts app, settings do have the find more contact info option checked?

Is there any way to stop contacts linking in Q10?-img_00000227.png

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-31-13 02:01 AM
    I found a solution that worked for me on the Q10. First, I disabled facebook in the contacts app (do this by swiping down in the contacts app to access the settings, then scroll down to facebook and swipe to off). I then went to Settings and Accounts and removed my facebook account from my device. I closed settings and went back to the facebook app. I had to sign back in and set it up again. Before clicking Done, I swiped every option to off. Closed facebook and typed the first letter of a name in my contacts and voila! No more facebook contacts in search. Complicated, but it works.
    10-30-13 01:54 AM
    I was wrong. Facebook contacts are now back in search. This desperately annoys me, so I'm going to go load the facebook bar. This is bs, RIM!
    10-30-13 01:56 AM
    Well, the android port of facebook wouldn't sideload properly for me, so here is my solution for now. I deleted the native facebook app and removed my facebook account from my device. I went to the browser and accessed the mobile version of the facebook site, because it's pretty similar to the app anyway. Then I clicked the menu button in the browser and added it to my homescreen. So instead of the app, I've got a browser shortcut to the mobile site. Its a temporary solution until I see if it gets fixed in an os update or something. Facebook contacts no longer appearing in search though, so I'm good with that.
    10-30-13 04:08 AM
    At the very least, 10.2 may allow me to install the android port properly, and that will be a good enough permanent solution for me.
    10-30-13 04:09 AM