First off, Merry Christmas everyone! For those PC types who like to jump on dumb questions and say RTFM (or use the search function)... this is probably a dumb question and has been asked and answered many times but I haven't been able to find the answers with any of the obvious queries. I'm currently running .1055 and would like to upgrade to the latest leak but as I literally have hundreds of apps installed (always getting reduce apps messages) and a bunch of HD movies (BBW 99 cent specials) on my SD card, I don't want to have to reinstall everything especially since I'm on a BES account and it's a PITA to get reauthorized, etc. It usually takes me a day or so to get everything back to normal with my restore, etc (as they often don't work as advertised for me - generally always f's up my contacts, etc and I need to reinsall all my apps from Appworld (and now AppStore and Snap). I never seem to have these issues when upgrading OTA from Bell on official releases... (I always backup before just in case). Can someone explain to me what an autoloader does.... ie. can it act like an OTA upgrade? If not, what about Sachesi? (And yes, I've searched for that too). .1055 is running very well for me so other than the fact it is a bit slower than usual, I'm OK with waiting out the official as it looks like it's coming soon if need be but wondered if an enlightened one could illuminate matters for me. Thanks!
    12-25-13 09:11 PM
    Personally I always do a fresh install, but I know some have had success with the Sachesi method.
    mapsonburt likes this.
    12-25-13 09:19 PM
    Sorry, what you want to do is not possible.

And autoloader wipes your device and installs the new OS on it.

What you can do though, is use the Sachesi software (PC/Mac) to grab the OS update a carrier has released and install to your device. That won't wipe and no data/settings will be lost. Also won't mess up your BES (about that... Are you sure it's a good idea to be running leaks on your corporate -probably company comissioned - device?).

Problem is 10.2.1 has ont been released by any carriers yet. You could try extracting the apps from the autoloader (Sachesi does that) and (again Sachesi) load them over your .1055 install making a hybrid OS of your own - which may work or may not work.
    mapsonburt and Lendo like this.
    12-25-13 09:20 PM
    Currently, no 10.2.1 release can be installed using Sachesi. You'll have to use an autoloader, which means setting things up again.

Sachesi can only work if the OS in question is on BlackBerry's public servers, which includes only 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2.0 at the moment.
    mapsonburt and Lendo like this.
    12-25-13 09:21 PM

What you can do though, is use the Sachesi software (PC/Mac) to grab the OS update a carrier has released and install to your device. That won't wipe and no data/settings will be lost. Also won't mess up your BES (about that... Are you sure it's a good idea to be running leaks on your corporate -probably company comissioned - device?).

Problem is 10.2.1 has ont been released by any carriers yet. You could try extracting the apps from the autoloader (Sachesi does that) and (again Sachesi) load them over your .1055 install making a hybrid OS of your own - which may work or may not work.
    Currently, no 10.2.1 release can be installed using Sachesi. You'll have to use an autoloader, which means setting things up again.

Sachesi can only work if the OS in question is on BlackBerry's public servers, which includes only 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2.0 at the moment.
    I stand corrected. I was under the assumption that you use Sachesi to extract the bars and sideload them.
    mapsonburt likes this.
    12-25-13 09:26 PM

So if I found a carrier in Sachesi (say the Jamaican one that some are saying is sending OTA updates), then I could install without overriding everything?

(And while my employer doesn't condone us installing leaks and helpfully point out the carriers agreements we all click on when we sign up specifically tell us we can only install their software, also don't shut us down and tolerate it as we are on a "pilot" service with self help anyway). Thanks for the help guys!
    12-25-13 09:32 PM
    Actually, it's a moot point anyway as it appears Digicell Jamaica only has 10.1.0.4181 for my STL-100-2 Z10.
    12-25-13 09:38 PM
    So if I found a carrier in Sachesi (say the Jamaican one that some are saying is sending OTA updates), then I could install without overriding everything?

(And while my employer doesn't condone us installing leaks and helpfully point out the carriers agreements we all click on when we sign up specifically tell us we can only install their software, also don't shut us down and tolerate it as we are on a "pilot" service with self help anyway). Thanks for the help guys!
    The idea is correct. The issue is no one can find the files. No combination of country/carrier shows 10.2.1. But yeah, one it's out, yeah.
    mapsonburt likes this.
    12-25-13 11:21 PM
    First off, Merry Christmas everyone! For those PC types who like to jump on dumb questions and say RTFM (or use the search function)... this is probably a dumb question and has been asked and answered many times but I haven't been able to find the answers with any of the obvious queries. I'm currently running .1055 and would like to upgrade to the latest leak but as I literally have hundreds of apps installed (always getting reduce apps messages) and a bunch of HD movies (BBW 99 cent specials) on my SD card, I don't want to have to reinstall everything especially since I'm on a BES account and it's a PITA to get reauthorized, etc. It usually takes me a day or so to get everything back to normal with my restore, etc (as they often don't work as advertised for me - generally always f's up my contacts, etc and I need to reinsall all my apps from Appworld (and now AppStore and Snap). I never seem to have these issues when upgrading OTA from Bell on official releases... (I always backup before just in case). Can someone explain to me what an autoloader does.... ie. can it act like an OTA upgrade? If not, what about Sachesi? (And yes, I've searched for that too). .1055 is running very well for me so other than the fact it is a bit slower than usual, I'm OK with waiting out the official as it looks like it's coming soon if need be but wondered if an enlightened one could illuminate matters for me. Thanks!
    Merry Christmas. Here's what I did with no issues, first I backed up on link then ran the autoloader then did a restore from link. Job done, all apps in place, media on card not touched and app data present. I just had to add the passwords as per usual in accounts, the account details were already there (I assume it would be the same for BES) boom job done. Just allow a few hours after installation for the contact list to repopulate. To be absolutely clear, I have no issues after doing this beyond the reported minor bugs.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    mapsonburt likes this.
    12-26-13 07:46 AM
    As regards movies on your card, you may have to download the drm again. If they don't work, just attempt to download the movies again, and it'll just download the drm which is only a few bytes. Then you're good to go.

mapsonburt likes this.
    12-26-13 07:48 AM
    Merry Christmas. Here's what I did with no issues, first I backed up on link then ran the autoloader then did a restore from link. Job done, all apps in place, media on card not touched and app data present. I just had to add the passwords as per usual in accounts, the account details were already there (I assume it would be the same for BES) boom job done. Just allow a few hours after installation for the contact list to repopulate. To be absolutely clear, I have no issues after doing this beyond the reported minor bugs.

Perhaps I'll give it a try... it does seem to be doing backups more regularly these days so perhaps the restore will work. Thanks!
    12-26-13 02:06 PM
    Brilliant... thanks Ambassador!
    12-26-13 02:06 PM